What do you think about the Pats ?

Italian Bills

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They haven’t really beaten anyone. They have two wins vs the Jets, Carolina with Darnold, a slumping chargers team and the browns. That said, I am surprised they are playing as well as they are. The defense

is good and will keep them in games. Mac looks like a solid starter in the Kirk cousins area. He can make some great throws, but he’s a bit limited overall

As long as their defense keeps the game close, they can be competitive. In a shootout, I don’t think they have the horses 

The funny thing is the Bills and Pats have both lost a game they should have won (Miami, Jax) lost close games against good/great teams. (TN, Dallas) the difference right now IMO is the Bills have more hard games left than NE (not counting the head to head).  So it should be close to the end of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Listen: i agree with you that we have a stout D but not sure about the best one. 
The games we lost were against elite teams, with PIT at the first game of the season where almost everybody were here predicting an easy one… then TEN where was a great game over all and yes we lost on the last play, but we lost and TEN scored 34, while the win in KC was a statement by our side but be honest, it was’t the 2020 KC’s version. 

Anyway i repeat myself: our D is very very good, top 5, but to me, to be the best one, would have to have more sacks, hits or pressure on other QBs, an area we lack of a little bit. 

Pressure on other QBs you say?

XElIsrO.png

Note that the Bills are also highest in QB hurry rate by a significant margin, and the lowest in blitz % by a significant margin.

Edited by timekills17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

Pressure on other QBs you say?

XElIsrO.png

Note that the Bills are also highest in QB hurry rate by a significant margin, and the lowest in blitz % by a significant margin.

The chart is very clear but not always the numbers speak for what happen on the field and this about every pro sports. 
Many times, for example, during the games i’m there loosing my self control because we can’t get to other QBs. 😅

14 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

And what is more likely to happen?

It was just an example on what can happen every year in this league. Of course i don’t know what is more likely to happen hut if i have to chose, i’m for improving the OL because we have a top 3 QB. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

And what is more likely to happen?

Homerism aside, depends on the ceiling for Mac Jones.  NE has a great defense, good OL and solid skill position players around him.   He's clearly poised and was NFL ready coming out of Bama.  

NE spent an absurd amount of money this past offseason to make sure Jones had a strong surrounding cast.  

Buffalo has all of their core players locked up for the most part and we have two talented young tackles in Dawkins/Brown.  IOL help is available even if we draft late in the order.   Wouldn't be surprised to see us do another double up in Rounds 1-3 for a couple G/C prospects to bolster our OL.   

Edited by SCBills

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Homerism aside, depends on the ceiling for Mac Jones.  NE has a great defense, good OL and solid skill position players around him.   He's clearly poised and was NFL ready coming out of Bama.  

NE spent an absurd amount of money this past offseason to make sure Jones had a strong surrounding cast.  

Buffalo has all of their core players locked up for the most part and we have two talented young tackles in Dawkins/Brown.  IOL help is available even if we draft late in the order.   Wouldn't be surprised to see us do another double up in Rounds 1-3 for a couple G/C prospects to bolster our OL.   

Yea...sure, you guys can sure up the Oline...and so can the pats...which BB believes in building inside out..so he his self is about the Oline/Dline and special teams.And he (BB) is no rush "to give" Mac Jones the team yet..... 

23 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

It was just an example on what can happen every year in this league. Of course i don’t know what is more likely to happen hut if i have to chose, i’m for improving the OL because we have a top 3 QB. 

Right every team looks to improve and the ones who understand what to do, do it. for sure. But my main point is....you have them nipping at your heels now. They will be better and more of "a threat" than "an upstart" of a team next year.  (maybe a contender.....maybe.) Another way of saying it....the road maybe tougher than it was this season or even last year for their rivals. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

16 hours ago, Dopey said:

Haven't you heard from our "experts" here at TBD? Klein is sooooo much better. Edmunds won't see the field unless Klein goes down. 

yeah, don't get me wrong, I love Klein, and Edmunds does drive me nuts.  Sometimes he is amazing, other times, looks like a rookie.  But I think his presence and length is key to stopping those short passes.  Really great to have them both on the team.  Different looks/elements when either one is in.  If Edmunds is on his A game, there are few better MLBs in the league, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:43 PM, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

I don’t think Mac Jones even sniffed the quality of the backfield that he will have to throw against , 

As long as Daball keeps calling games like he did against the Jets there’s nobody who can stop us , 

so no I ain’t scared of the pats**** and I think will be favorite by more then a TD 

12 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I honestly have them losing that game for some reason....i think Pitts eat them up. 

Edited by Putin

23 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

what does this matter if the only stat that matters is the "W" see the jags again? Plus Jones is not the pats focal point in this years offense. And the other side of that coin to your post is. The pat's coach has made a career and won championships stopping high powered offenses, so...

No excuses for what? Bills still seem to be the better team and still should win the division, but having the pats nipping at your heels in only year 2 of their rebuild is not a good look for the divison. Next year could be a whole lot different.

Pats fan....you guys crack me up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.