Bannon Indicted by Federal Grand Jury for Contempt of Congress

716er

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually want to be certain that I understand what crime he is being accused of, not showing up to a congressional hearing about January 6th, and nothing else?

2 counts.  One for failing to appear, and one for refusing to provide documents.

Awful quiet in here from the Trump gang.  Must be tough to be pro law and order, and also pro ignore the subpeona.  I guess if I was in that boat all I'd have to offer was "witch hunt".  

• Haha (+1) 2

CNN and MSNBC commentators are already declaring that legal due process isn't required and Bannon will be sentenced tomorrow to 3,000 years in prison while encouraging the administration to apply water boarding and other torture methods to force a confession.  Up next CNN praises President Xi's proclamation at the party Congress making him President for life followed by an NBC news humanitarian story of the Taliban preparing Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and a concerning MSNBC story from Joy Reid about Satanic worshiping White Supremist Trump supporters seen sacrificing animals and drinking their blood on video taken during the 1/6 protests.  Meanwhile, Brandon has been sited wandering across the White House lawn after his standard 5 hour afternoon nap.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

CNN and MSNBC commentators are already declaring that legal due process isn't required and Bannon will be sentenced tomorrow to 3,000 years in prison while encouraging the administration to apply water boarding and other torture methods to force a confession.  Up next CNN praises President Xi's proclamation at the party Congress making him President for life followed by an NBC news humanitarian story of the Taliban preparing Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and a concerning MSNBC story from Joy Reid about Satanic worshiping White Supremist Trump supporters seen sacrificing animals and drinking their blood on video taken during the 1/6 protests.  Meanwhile, Brandon has been sited wandering across the White House lawn after his standard 5 hour afternoon nap.   

Look at the bright side.  When they're all finished snitching on each other to save their hides, they will have an open forum on national TV to display all their proof of election fraud.  🤣

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

2 counts.  One for failing to appear, and one for refusing to provide documents.

Awful quiet in here from the Trump gang.  Must be tough to be pro law and order, and also pro ignore the subpeona.  I guess if I was in that boat all I'd have to offer was "witch hunt".  

This is a congressional subpoena, not a subpoena from a court of law, so you can be pro law and order and not give a crap about this. Seeing as we already had a congressional trial this seems like the Dems are so big it backwards.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is a congressional subpoena, not a subpoena from a court of law, so you can be pro law and order and not give a crap about this. Seeing as we already had a congressional trial this seems like the Dems are so big it backwards.

There is a bi-partisan investigation into possible treason. What the F you talking about.

You don’t show up when Congress calls you, you can and should go to jail. It is pro-law. It’s the law that Congress can call you to testify. Not testifying is breaking that law. 

Or are you the Republican that likes to pick and choose the parts of the Constitution they want to adhere to?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is that the best you guys got?  Hasn't Tucker told you what to parrot yet???  This is MOST CERTAINLY a law: Title 2, Section 192 of US code.  Right now you guys are literally the guy choking meme, and it's pretty embarassing.

When is the trial?

The last one, 38 years ago, was found not guilty, after doing the exact same thing Bannon is accused of doing.

The one before that was found guilty, but got probation and suspended jail time.

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Is that the best you guys got?  Hasn't Tucker told you what to parrot yet???  This is MOST CERTAINLY a law: Title 2, Section 192 of US code.  Right now you guys are literally the guy choking meme, and it's pretty embarassing.

What did you expect? That we would blame racism?

There is no outrage here. This isn't some "resistance". People are waiting on what happens next.

Edited by unbillievable

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

There is a bi-partisan investigation into possible treason. What the F you talking about.

You don’t show up when Congress calls you, you can and should go to jail. It is pro-law. It’s the law that Congress can call you to testify. Not testifying is breaking that law. 

Or are you the Republican that likes to pick and choose the parts of the Constitution they want to adhere to?

Not trying to nitpick, but it's not an enumerated power, but it is a law that the Supreme Court is fully behind.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually want to be certain that I understand what crime he is being accused of, not showing up to a congressional hearing about January 6th, and nothing else?

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Not trying to nitpick, but it's not an enumerated power, but it is a law that the Supreme Court is fully behind.  

The politicians have been ignoring subpoenas for decades. Both parties have done this. Surprised that this "Investigation" is the hill they want to die on.

Much like the impeachments last year, the Democrats have been breaking the "unwritten" rules. It's like they no longer care that the same thing will happen to them once the other party takes over. (not that its a bad thing.)

Edited by unbillievable