Can someone please tell me what Williams was doing on this play

Protocal69

This was the 3rd and 7 play with 1:18 left in the game. By the time the ball got into Allen hand and the edge rusher was coming in to pass rush, Williams was not even out of his stance. Because of this the defender CLEAN beat Williams and cause the sack/fumble. This basically ended the game. I know Allen missed seeing Sanders on 4th down but this is crazy. It was like Williams was sleep walking with the game on the line smh. Between Williams and Ford I just cant do it.

348000439_Williamsbadplay.thumb.jpg.8fa636f72f3c8098b77a1f9c2f8d267e.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He was CLEARLY limping on the play (on replay), favoring the braced right leg. At first glance, however, I also saw him just NOT react to the snap, but then on replay I saw him visibly hobbling after his man as the play ended. 

Did he get hurt? Did he act hurt to cover his ass? Is our suspect depth absolutely decimated right now? Is life worth living?

I'm not sure what to do...

32 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

He was CLEARLY limping on the play (on replay), favoring the braced right leg. At first glance, however, I also saw him just NOT react to the snap, but then on replay I saw him visibly hobbling after his man as the play ended. 

Did he get hurt? Did he act hurt to cover his ass? Is our suspect depth absolutely decimated right now? Is life worth living?

I'm not sure what to do...

To me he was going after his man after he got beat. If he was so hurt that he cant even get out of stance he shouldnt have been on the field for that play.

No QB is going to look good behind this o line.  Not only do they allow jailbreaks and pressures with just 4 guys rushing but they can't run the ball either.  People claim Hero ball Josh or Sugar high Josh but the fact is that it is needed because of this o line.  Its that bad.  Yes Josh misses some stuff.  Its because of the pressure.  All QBs miss some stuff.  People cant expect a QB to be perfect.  Especially not behind Swiss cheese with no running game to fear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No QB is going to look good behind this o line.  Not only do they allow jailbreaks and pressures with just 4 guys rushing but they can't run the ball either.  People claim Hero ball Josh or Sugar high Josh but the fact is that it is needed because of this o line.  Its that bad.  Yes Josh misses some stuff.  Its because of the pressure.  All QBs miss some stuff.  People cant expect a QB to be perfect.  Especially not behind Swiss cheese with no running game to fear.

That's certainly some of it. No question.

Not all of it, though.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Funny I counted plenty of times that when Josh faked the handoff out of the shotgun and the linebackers are just ignoring it and going straight to their zone assignments. Thats how much the Jags though less of our run game.

Edited by Protocal69

11 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Funny I counted plenty of time that when Josh faked handoff out of the shotgun the linebackers are just ignoring it and going straight to their zone assignments. Thats how much the Jags though less of our run game.

Exactly.  This Bills are no threat to run the ball.  Defense just plays the odds.  If the Bills break one so what. Its only one first down.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

This was the 3rd and 7 play with 1:18 left in the game. By the time the ball got into Allen hand and the edge rusher was coming in to pass rush, Williams was not even out of his stance. Because of this the defender CLEAN beat Williams and cause the sack/fumble. This basically ended the game. I know Allen missed seeing Sanders on 4th down but this is crazy. It was like Williams was sleep walking with the game on the line smh. Between Williams and Ford I just cant do it.

348000439_Williamsbadplay.thumb.jpg.8fa636f72f3c8098b77a1f9c2f8d267e.jpg

This happened multiple times during the game. He ended up blocking no one on a few plays. It’s like he was confused on who to block.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I know these guys have a hard, physical job, but a 21-year old rookie should not have a bad back…

Tall large people with a lot of upper body weight have a tendency towards bad backs.  Brown has a more athletic build than your typical O lineman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.