NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 6, 2021 — Bills Uniform reveal

4 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Not that I'm complaining because it's the best FOX game - but why does Buffalo get the 4pm game? I thought the rule was markets always got the 1pm game on the non-double header network unless the home team was playing on the opposing network.

It's more about geography.  We will get the 4:05 games in Albany if the Bills or Jets are playing at 4 & the other team didn't have a 1:00 CBS game.  In some rare cases they might even show the Patriots at 4 when neither the Jets nor Bills are available.  It's usually 1) Jets, 2) Bills & a distant 3rd for NE, but this season the Jets have been so bad & the Bills so good that we're 2-0 head to head in broadcast decisons between the 2 teams.  

Cleveland is close enough to Buffalo to send the Browns game there when the Bills aren't playing in the afternoon.  I suspect the same would apply to when the Steelers are in the same situation.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Not that I'm complaining because it's the best FOX game - but why does Buffalo get the 4pm game? I thought the rule was markets always got the 1pm game on the non-double header network unless the home team was playing on the opposing network.

the rules are…

405 pm games can’t go to 50% or more house holds.

the late game in single game network besides local markets of the teams it goes to the 1 pm ori sry markets on the other network who won’t run a game against home team. 

Since it is a good game of two above 500 teams it can go to markets with interest such as. 1 division fees, 2. Future games against the teams, or 3. Teams that could be competing for playoffs.

since buffalo is an idle team whose off or not playing Sunday afternoon they have some freedom to choose. Their interests woukd be

1 division fees they are competing with

2 teams they could face in playoffs 

3. what have they aired or could air and showing some teams.  Since buffalo could face CLEVELAND in playoffs there is interest to show them. Rochester has a history of showing them as a second choice after buffalo.  Arizona is a good team. If dallas was on fox they would air that but it’s not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 6, 2021 — Bills Uniform reveal
On 10/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Week 6 already?

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=6

October 17, 2021

Subject to change due to flex scheduling.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

Thursday Night: Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia (FOX/NFLN)

Sunday Morning 9:30 AM ET: Miami vs Jacksonville (in London) (CBS) (Kevin Harlan, Trent Green)

Sunday Night: Seattle @ Pittsburgh (NBC)

Monday Night: Buffalo @ Tennessee (ESPN)

we don’t need no stinking map!!!

usually comes right after week 5

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Good weekend for RedZone.

starting at 930am

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

White on Blue 

I don't mind these but all whites looked sharp last week

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

One of those oddities where Washington and Baltimore play at the same time and on the same network, so neither market gets the other's game.

Weird too that a good prtion of NW Wisconsin doesn't get the Pack and a slice of Arizona doesn't get the Cardinals.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.