Bills/Texans All-22 Review - The Athletic

HappyDays

On 10/7/2021 at 10:45 PM, BearNorth said:

so Daryl Williams has played the most snaps 309 and is by far the lowest graded 1.64 regular on the team, and he's supposedly better than Ford or Feliciano? 

I think he got roughshod'ed by Watt in week 1

On 10/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, BearNorth said:

so Daryl Williams has played the most snaps 309 and is by far the lowest graded 1.64 regular on the team, and he's supposedly better than Ford or Feliciano? 

Feliciano was hurt. Williams played right guard better than Ford has. And I don't love Williams at guard either. But Ford vs Washington was awful.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would go:

Dawkins - Ike - Morse - Feliciano - Brown

But I don't have a strong conviction about the guard positions. 

I think anybody but Ford.  Unfortunately that guy has been terrible.  Some of the worst guard play I have seen.  I'm no analyst and I don't pay close attention to individual players really but even I noticed how bad he is.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I take all of Joe’s ratings with a quarry of salt. ;)

I can not disagree, moreover the point @dave mcbride makes about a low number of snaps defensively (only about 28 actual snaps for the starters) is valid

I hesitate to articulate this, but I am curious as to the reason behind his low grade to Beasley

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would go:

Dawkins - Ike - Morse - Feliciano - Brown

But I don't have a strong conviction about the guard positions. 

Early to tell, but I think Williams > Feliciano at RG.

Ike vs Feliciano is a good question.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Early to tell, but I think Williams > Feliciano at RG.

Ike vs Feliciano is a good question.

I was not as high on Williams last Sunday as others seem to be. I thought he was below average. I think both Ike and Feliciano have shown they can deliver average guard play although maybe not on a consistent basis. I suspect there isn't a lot in it but right now gun to my head I'd go Ike and Feliciano. I am certainly not gonna hammer the Bills for sticking with Williams. None of the guards options have nailed down a spot.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, HappyDays said:

The concern is that he is already going to be 24 by the end of the year. Usually with young players that are struggling you can focus on the upside but I'm not sure there's a long development track here. I didn't like the pick when it happened and I like it less now. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

That Basham's 24 now will have a major effect when he hits around 30 and starts to age. For the next few years experience will be a ton more important than chronological age for Boogie. It's his first game. That's his big limitation right now. He's probably closer to physical maturity than most rooks, but still limited in terms of experience, and we know McDermott takes his time with rookie DLs.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That Basham's 24 now will have a major effect when he hits around 30 and starts to age. For the next few years experience will be a ton more important than chronological age for Boogie. It's his first game. That's his big limitation right now. He's probably closer to physical maturity than most rooks, but still limited in terms of experience, and we know McDermott takes his time with rookie DLs.

I think the point more with him is about ceiling. The fact that what you are getting now is what you are gonna get physically. It was a low ceiling pick for round 2, but then right at the end of the round there are not many high ceiling guys left. I preferred Joseph Ossai who looked good pre-season then got hurt and is done for the year at the same position but as a higher ceiling guy but other than him (and the Bills clearly preferred Basham) I am not sure there was a lot left there. We got a super high ceiling guy in round 3 but overall I didn't actually think it was the deepest draft class.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:15 AM, BearNorth said:

Most of Williams' snaps have been at tackle. Perhaps he's a better guard right now than tackle. Which is exactly what Joe suggested in the article.

Williams is a hard guy to understand. He was really good at tackle last year, but this year not so much. You wonder if there's an injury he's dealing with or something. 29 seems early for his performance to start falling off. 

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.