Tailgate Options - other than Hammer's

Richmond_Bills

Hi Everyone,

Looking for other good spots for tailgating.  I've spoken to Mead and it is clear that we will be arriving too late to make it into Hammers.  Any recommendations for other places to park that is a good time?  We should be able to arrive between 9 and 930.  Appreciate your input in advance.  

Any of the bar lots on the corner. Should be able to get into O'Neill's at that time. Or the California Drive lot. Really any of the private lots will all be good times. That's one of the best parts of going to the game, no matter where you park or wander pre-game, you are walking through a constant party.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's an unofficial Map of private and Bills lots.  I did the ECC Rideshare lot off of Big Tree Rd this past weekend.  Walk to the stadium was fine (about 10 minutes) and getting out was pretty easy.

0ljwlaskxsw21.png?width=3300&format=png&

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Here's an unofficial Map of private and Bills lots.  I did the ECC Rideshare lot off of Big Tree Rd this past weekend.  Walk to the stadium was fine (about 10 minutes) and getting out was pretty easy.

0ljwlaskxsw21.png?width=3300&format=png&

sheldon road lot is where we’ve been going for years - highlighted on this map. 

bear in mind it is a grass lot so it can get muddy but that should not be a problem this week.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

ECC is a good option. Lots closer to the field are “livelier”. The ones on the west side of campus building are very low key and laid back and you will be able to find a spot there very late. The East side ECC lots fill up pretty fast, but probably can still nab a spot by 945

Yea we got there around 9:20 and there was still plenty of parking left in the lot.  It really didn't fill up until about 10:30 and even then there were still people arriving around 11 when we started walking over to the stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Any of the bar lots on the corner. Should be able to get into O'Neill's at that time. Or the California Drive lot. Really any of the private lots will all be good times. That's one of the best parts of going to the game, no matter where you park or wander pre-game, you are walking through a constant party.

What time do the bars start serving on Sunday? I thought it used to be around noon?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm glad someone started this post. This year I just got seasons for the first time since 1993 when I moved to CA. I decided to add on the parking pass so I already paid for parking at the Bills lots. Pittsburg game I parked in lot 6, WFT game I parked in lot 1. Lot 1 was much easier to get out of (could have been because that was over early vs. Pittsburg was undecided until much later in the game, but I don't think that's the only reason). Having a long drive after games or other times needing to catch a flight to CA, getting out easily is great but, I really enjoy the tailgate. It seemed that Lot 6 and that side of the stadium in general is much more going on and therefore a more fun tailgate. Do others agree?