Arrogant Bills fans

The_Real

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that when someone posts something that isn't flowers and sunshine their knowledge is immediately called in to question?  Can't we conversate with out insults?

How can someone ask the question 'Don't you know Pat Williams only plays 58% of the time?'  Anyone who watched any game last year knew that.  I know he is out on 3rd down, but does that discredit what he does for the run defense? 

Lindell is great on extra points.  His long last year was 43 YARDS!!!  Look it up yourself.  Don't make up things about his 45+ yard fieldgoals he made to help the Bills.  IT NEVER HAPPENED.  Not to mention the fact he missed 2 field goals with in 40. 

I don't know everything.  Neither do you.  This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared.  No need to flame people who don't agree with you. 

T_R

322709[/snapback]

Posters who choose the negative view before a fair evalution of the NEW edition of the team has occurred on the field are fairly 'arrogant' by definition, in my book.

This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared.  No need to flame people who don't agree with you. 

322709[/snapback]

Arrogant Bills fans, You must be the only ones informed

:angry:

I'd have to say that the Rams, Jets, and Seahawks were all "above average."

CW

322777[/snapback]

I am sorry but those teams with the exception of the jets were not above average. I cannot agree with you. with the records they had, if they were in the afc, they would not have made the playoffs. the seahawks were not that good at all. neither were the rams. Thats just my point of view. I mean just from their play. nevermind that we had the number 2 defense. we still had a crappy offense that barely made it cause of mcgahee.

I give up. 

The Bills will be 12-4.  The offensive line will be amazing.  :angry:  Losman league MVP.

Lindell will boot a 63 yard for the title and we'll get the first pick of the draft. 

T_R

322843[/snapback]

Don't give up. Just provide a well-reasoned point of view, not emotional, off-the-cuff rants or unsubstantiated statements like "our O-line sucks." I think most TSW posters will respond in kind. :lol:

Don't give up.  Just provide a well-reasoned point of view, not emotional, off-the-cuff rants or unsubstantiated statements like "our O-line sucks."  I think most TSW posters will respond in kind. :angry:

322862[/snapback]

I heard Mel Kiper is looking for an assistant.

Why is it that when someone posts something that isn't flowers and sunshine their knowledge is immediately called in to question?  Can't we conversate with out insults?

How can someone ask the question 'Don't you know Pat Williams only plays 58% of the time?'  Anyone who watched any game last year knew that.  I know he is out on 3rd down, but does that discredit what he does for the run defense? 

Lindell is great on extra points.  His long last year was 43 YARDS!!!  Look it up yourself.  Don't make up things about his 45+ yard fieldgoals he made to help the Bills.  IT NEVER HAPPENED.  Not to mention the fact he missed 2 field goals with in 40. 

I don't know everything.  Neither do you.  This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared.  No need to flame people who don't agree with you. 

T_R

322709[/snapback]

go do your homework and dont miss the bus again!!!

T_R

322709[/snapback]

The thing is, there's different kinds of opinions. There's smart ones, where the people holding them can and do back them up with demonstrable facts and rationality (e.g. Lori or Fake-Fat Sunny). Then there's stupid ones, where the people holding them just throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks (e.g. RudyC80, SoCal-Surf, ICE, etc.).

People with smart opinions get respected here, even by those that disagree with them. People with stupid opinions get rightfully beat down, even by those that agree with them, and ultimately wander off to some other site and are forgotten (or at least not missed). Kind of like watching evolution in action, where the weaker members of the herd are culled...

Most of the doom-sayers around here are just looking for a reason to slit their wrists. They want to the ones to say "I told you so" when things don't work out.

I put it to you that the doom-sayers are the ones with the problem. They are upset their negative rantings aren't gaining more traction at TBD. For once people are...dare I say...optimistic!

PTR

No. No sarcasm here - we are essentially a collection of fun-loving folks who consider being mutually insulted an act of community acceptance, and have a common bond of eating unhealthy foods and making outlandish statements, and share a touch of fatalism -how can one not after 0 and 4 in SB's, my friend?

Also, there are a good number of folks here that have knowledge of football that I could study for the rest of my life and never hope to attain their insight.

So, here you get it all - great info, funny repartie, excellent advice, you name it.

Keep posting!

322758[/snapback]

I agree with every word of this post. It was SO good that there is no reason for me to even read the rest of the thread. :(

No. No sarcasm here - we are essentially a collection of fun-loving folks who consider being mutually insulted an act of community acceptance, and have a common bond of eating unhealthy foods and making outlandish statements, and share a touch of fatalism -how can one not after 0 and 4 in SB's, my friend?

Also, there are a good number of folks here that have knowledge of football that I could study for the rest of my life and never hope to attain their insight.

So, here you get it all - great info, funny repartie, excellent advice, you name it.

Keep posting!

322758[/snapback]

Well said. Except the last line, he doesn't have to keep posting. :(

Juuuuust kidding :D

can't handle anyone ruining their fantasies by being truthful.

322741[/snapback]

Truthful ? It's APRIL ! Everything is subjective opinion. That's what the pessimist forgets. 9-7 in 2004 is truthful. Most don't see the wisdom in predicting 3-6 less wins than last season, based on our level of talent and Coaching.

I don't mind critical commentary at all. But that reasoning shut out any positives whatsoever. A neutral observer would think the Bills were coming off a 2-14 season, void of any talent after reading his view. No balance whatsoever .