Arrogant Bills fans

The_Real

Why is it that when someone posts something that isn't flowers and sunshine their knowledge is immediately called in to question? Can't we conversate with out insults?

How can someone ask the question 'Don't you know Pat Williams only plays 58% of the time?' Anyone who watched any game last year knew that. I know he is out on 3rd down, but does that discredit what he does for the run defense?

Lindell is great on extra points. His long last year was 43 YARDS!!! Look it up yourself. Don't make up things about his 45+ yard fieldgoals he made to help the Bills. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Not to mention the fact he missed 2 field goals with in 40.

I don't know everything. Neither do you. This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared. No need to flame people who don't agree with you.

T_R

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that when someone posts something that isn't flowers and sunshine their knowledge is immediately called in to question?  Can't we conversate with out insults?

How can someone ask the question 'Don't you know Pat Williams only plays 58% of the time?'  Anyone who watched any game last year knew that.  I know he is out on 3rd down, but does that discredit what he does for the run defense? 

Lindell is great on extra points.  His long last year was 43 YARDS!!!  Look it up yourself.  Don't make up things about his 45+ yard fieldgoals he made to help the Bills.  IT NEVER HAPPENED.  Not to mention the fact he missed 2 field goals with in 40. 

I don't know everything.  Neither do you.  This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared.  No need to flame people who don't agree with you. 

T_R

322709[/snapback]

Hard not to expect to get flamed when you pretty much threw in the towel on the whole season before the first mini camp even starts.

I may be living in my own private Idaho but I am very optimistic about this year. I predict lots of excitement and a playoff spot.

I know no more than you, but I expect much more than you.

no flames.

DUDE... you're "conversating" with the wrong folks. If your message is not a positive one, don't bother posting. Many of the posters on this board cannot handle something that is not otherwise coated with candy. They've come from backgrounds in which they've been coddled and can't handle anyone ruining their fantasies by being truthful.

The one thing you are correct about in your post is your statement of "I don't know everything". In fact you post statements of doom, give no explanation and just ramble on.

I simply tried to show that you misstated facts to spin them to your point of view which is fine, but you did so with no validation and if you are going to make statements, you ought to be able to back them up.

I did not flame you, I simply pointed out validated facts and not "we are doomed" statements with no justification.

I'm sure you'll take the bait and respond and then I will take the opportunity to flame you.

Why is it that when someone posts something that isn't flowers and sunshine their knowledge is immediately called in to question?  Can't we conversate with out insults?

How can someone ask the question 'Don't you know Pat Williams only plays 58% of the time?'  Anyone who watched any game last year knew that.  I know he is out on 3rd down, but does that discredit what he does for the run defense? 

Lindell is great on extra points.  His long last year was 43 YARDS!!!  Look it up yourself.  Don't make up things about his 45+ yard fieldgoals he made to help the Bills.  IT NEVER HAPPENED.  Not to mention the fact he missed 2 field goals with in 40. 

I don't know everything.  Neither do you.  This is a discussion board where different opinions are shared.  No need to flame people who don't agree with you. 

T_R

322709[/snapback]

322709[/snapback]

No. No sarcasm here - we are essentially a collection of fun-loving folks who consider being mutually insulted an act of community acceptance, and have a common bond of eating unhealthy foods and making outlandish statements, and share a touch of fatalism -how can one not after 0 and 4 in SB's, my friend?

Also, there are a good number of folks here that have knowledge of football that I could study for the rest of my life and never hope to attain their insight.

So, here you get it all - great info, funny repartie, excellent advice, you name it.

Keep posting!

T_R

322709[/snapback]

Probably because many of us were BILLS fans BEFORE we ever sniffed a SB. Which means we lived through Kay Stephenson AND Hank Bullough, so we know a hell of alot more about terrible football than you do.

Get over yourself.

I can't say I really want to reply here, but I do feel that generally if you are not spreading cheer (no matter how unreal it is) then you are somehow "a traitor" or not a Bills fan.

I try to be a realist. Realistically I don't see us finishing better than 8-8 and I picked us to finish 6-10. The main problem I have with the team is that we are starting a rookie QB with an average offensive line. He could take a real beating even. The defense will still be solid, but I also realize that our 6 game winning streak last year was against a bunch of poor teams. We only beat one above average team last year. When we are able to beat some of the better teams with some consistancy then I will have a little more faith that things are moving in the right direction.

I hope we go 16-0, but I'm prepared for the more likely result.

There is a difference between posting something that 'isn't flowers and sunshine' and people who spew negativity to stand out and garner attention for themselves. I think most true Bills fans will appreciate a good take whether it's positive or negative. If it's clear you're just trying to stir something up for the sake of being obnoxious, then you're going to probably either get insulted or ignored.

There are all kinds of posters here at TSW. If you are getting upset because people are disagreeing with you, maybe you should consider moving on. If somebody is hammering you with personal attacks/insults report it to a mod.

Otherwise...carry on.

What's particularly amusing is that the optimists here think the vast, vast majority are pessimists here, and hate everything and everyone, and the pessimists here think the vast, vast majority here think everything and everyone is fabulous and are always looking through rose colored glasses.

I believe it is mostly frustration from reading posts that declare next season a disaster while it still April.

If you want to point out shortcomings that need to be fixed, fine, I can see quite a few myself, but these outright declarations about how bad next season or what a knucklehead Donohoe is, gets really old, really fast.

Let's get to the end of training camp, see who we got on the roster and how they are looking and then assess our chances.

I just don't understand the joy in giving up on the season in April. As Darrin pointed out if you lived through the 70's and 80's Bills, you would not be so ready to declare next season a disaster with the talent on this roster.

If somebody is hammering you with personal attacks/insults report it to a mod. 

322779[/snapback]

UP YOURS, LABATT!!!! :angry::P:lol:

What's particularly amusing is that the optimists here think the vast, vast majority are pessimists here, and hate everything and everyone, and the pessimists here think the vast, vast majority here think everything and everyone is fabulous and are always looking through rose colored glasses.

322785[/snapback]

I guess that makes me different. I just think all of YOU suck. :angry:

I'd have to say that the Rams, Jets, and Seahawks were all "above average."

CW

322777[/snapback]

I was talking about the Jets, and I don't think the Rams are anything above average having finished 8-8.

Seattle is pretty good, but they didn't show much last year.