Debt Ceiling Nonsense

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What a jokeĀ 

Sloan SabbithĀ :Ā I just got off the phone with these guys. Listen to these quotes. These aren't from liberals. these are hardcore Wall-Street guys,Who whatever the world may think of them,Knows what they're talking about and so do I. Jamie Dimon atChase says, "Voting against raising the debt ceiling would be a moral disaster." The Barclays guys say "This debate is detached from reality." My Goldman source says "If the house Republicans continue this debate, I hope they're willing to mark the end of the dollar as a global reserve currency." Please notice he didn't say if the house republicans don't raise the debt ceiling. he said if the house republicans continue this debate. That's all it takes. Just the uncertainty. That's why the Dow's gonna close down 230 points today. Because just the debate,just the doubt,just the possibility that the House Majority might commit the most self-inflicted damage to the country since the secession of the south has caused billions in value to disappear. -Newsroom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

These aren't from liberals. these are hardcore Wall-Street guys

Ā 

Ā 

Liberals arenā€™t Wall Street guys?Ā 

šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ Ā 

Ā 

A ton of Joeā€™s cabinet are former Wall Street, VC and PE firm elitesā€¦Ā 

Ā 

Blinken- yep

Gina Raimondo YepĀ 

Tom Vilsack President of us dairy councilā€¦ close enough

Jennifer Granholm- sat on 5 corporate boards

Ron Klain was EVP of VC firm

Democrats pretending they arenā€™t the party of rich elites šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

come on man!Ā 

Ā 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-cabinet-picks-earned-millions-from-wall-street-and-big-tech/ar-BB1csGYb

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ā 

Ā 

Liberals arenā€™t Wall Street guys?Ā 

šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ Ā 

Ā 

A ton of Joeā€™s cabinet are former Wall Street, VC and PE firm elitesā€¦Ā 

Ā 

Blinken- yep

Gina Raimondo YepĀ 

Tom Vilsack President of us dairy councilā€¦ close enough

Jennifer Granholm- sat on 5 corporate boards

Ron Klain was EVP of VC firm

Democrats pretending they arenā€™t the party of rich elites šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

come on man!Ā 

Ā 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-cabinet-picks-earned-millions-from-wall-street-and-big-tech/ar-BB1csGYb

Ā 

Itā€™s a quote from a TV show from back when the Tea Party held the country hostage over the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Itā€™s a quote from a TV show from back when the Tea Party held the country hostage over the same thing.

I see youā€™re referring to this bit

Ā 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/09/22/how-the-debt-ceiling-turned-into-a-doomsday-cult-513644

Ā 

šŸ˜± šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

itā€™s probably going to be a problem someday when just the interest on the debt is unserviceable. But neither political actually cares about that. Itā€™s all theatreĀ 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ā 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/09/22/how-the-debt-ceiling-turned-into-a-doomsday-cult-513644

Ā 

šŸ˜± šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

itā€™s probably going to be a problem someday when just the interest on the debt is unserviceable. But neither political actually cares about that. Itā€™s all theatreĀ 

No Iā€™m referring to a show called Newsroom. It started Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn, by Aaron Sorkin. Great watch.

Ā 

Ā 

It also gave us this great bit:

ā€œRepublicans ā€œbelieve in a prohibitive military, in a common sense government and that there are social programs enacted in the last half century that work, but there are way too many costing way too much that donā€™t. And [they] believe in the rule of law and order and free-market capitalism.

Ā 

The Tea Party believes in loving America, but hating Americansā€¦they believe in loving America, but hating its governmentā€¦and they believe that anyone whoĀ disagreesĀ with the Tea Party has sinister anti-America motives ā€¦most of all you must never, under any circumstances, seek to reach a compromise with your opponent or do any of what democrats and genuine republicans call governingā€¦and one other plank in the Tea Party platform: if youā€™re poor, you are either too lazy or too stupid to be rich.ā€
Ā 

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control womenā€™s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.

Ā 

We should call them what they are: The American Taliban.ā€

Ā 

Its really interesting since this was pre-Trump and highlights how the Tea Party has fundamentally changed the Republican Party.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No Iā€™m referring to a show called Newsroom. It started Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn, by Aaron Sorkin. Great watch.

Ā 

Ā 

ā€œRepublicans ā€œbelieve in a prohibitive military, in a common sense government and that there are social programs enacted in the last half century that work, but there are way too many costing way too much that donā€™t. And [they] believe in the rule of law and order and free-market capitalism.

Ā 

The Tea Party believes in loving America, but hating Americansā€¦they believe in loving America, but hating its governmentā€¦and they believe that anyone whoĀ disagreesĀ with the Tea Party has sinister anti-America motives ā€¦most of all you must never, under any circumstances, seek to reach a compromise with your opponent or do any of what democrats and genuine republicans call governingā€¦and one other plank in the Tea Party platform: if youā€™re poor, you are either too lazy or too stupid to be rich.ā€
Ā 

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control womenā€™s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.ā€
Ā 

Its really interesting since this was pre-Trump and highlights how the Tea Party has fundamentally changed the Republican Party.

Ā 

Ideological puritanism is a scourge.Ā 

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control womenā€™s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.

Ā 

We should call them what they are: The American Taliban.ā€

Ā 

Maybe we ship the progressives and teabaggers off to an island somewhere to fight it out and we can have a country again.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ˜± šŸ˜‚Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That's the nature of a fractional reserve system where the major banking institutions who comprise the Federal Reserve are granted the authority to lend money that doesn't exist at interest.Ā 

Ā 

Not only is there always more debt than money, but the amount of debt in the system increases exponentially.Ā 

Ā 

If the debt stops increasing exponentially, lending ends. If lending ends, the banks that comprise the Federal Reserve stop making profit...

Ā 

The only tenable solution that would allow for this system to remain solvent is a massive debt abolishment. Won't happen. So either debt continues to increase exponentially, or lending grinds to a halt and no one can buy a home or run a business.Ā 

Ā 

The hard money, increase interest rates guy's missed the Nixon administration dismantling of FDR's Breton Woods regulations and the consequences of unleasing a digital fiat currency. How do you put that genie back in a bottle?Ā 

Ā 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Ā 

That's the nature of a fractional reserve system where the major banking institutions who comprise the Federal Reserve are granted the authority to lend money that doesn't exist at interest.Ā 

Ā 

Not only is there always more debt than money, but the amount of debt in the system increases exponentially.Ā 

Ā 

If the debt stops increasing exponentially, lending ends. If lending ends, the banks that comprise the Federal Reserve stop making profit...

Ā 

The only tenable solution that would allow for this system to remain solvent is a massive debt abolishment. Won't happen. So either debt continues to increase exponentially, or lending grinds to a halt and no one can buy a home or run a business.Ā 

Ā 

The hard money, increase interest rates guy's missed the Nixon administration dismantling of FDR's Breton Woods regulations and the consequences of unleasing a digital fiat currency. How do you put that genie back in a bottle?Ā 

Ā 

Debt is money.
Ā 

Breton woods ended a facade.Ā 
Ā 

And there is no bottling the genie.
Ā 

As the American empire withers and dies, demand for dollars will fade, value will drop, inflation will accelerate, interest rates on new debt will go up to try and spur demand but to no avail. The debt ceiling will be the least of our problems.Ā 

Watching CNBC this am apparently the Democrats bill is a total sham and van Holland canā€™t speak to it.Ā 
Ā 

had no explanation when they said, youā€™re going after the wealthy but not the super wealthy???Ā 
Ā 

had no explanation when they said, you could pass the debt ceiling with your majorities through budget reconciliation couldnā€™t you? Why donā€™t you?Ā 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Watching CNBC this am apparently the Democrats bill is a total sham and van Holland canā€™t speak to it.Ā 
Ā 

had no explanation when they said, youā€™re going after the wealthy but not the super wealthy???Ā 
Ā 

had no explanation when they said, you could pass the debt ceiling with your majorities through budget reconciliation couldnā€™t you? Why donā€™t you?Ā 

So youā€™re in favor of default to appease the Trump cult youā€™re presently a member of?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

So youā€™re in favor of default to appease the Trump cult youā€™re presently a member of?

Sorry Iā€™m late responding this orange spray on tan keep running into my eyes.

Ā 

No my point is why doesnā€™t the majority just pass it? Why are they trying to pretend the other guys are in the way? Whatā€™s this game all about?Ā 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sorry Iā€™m late responding this orange spray on tan keep running into my eyes.

Ā 

No my point is why doesnā€™t the majority just pass it? Why are they trying to pretend the other guys are in the way? Whatā€™s this game all about?Ā 

They arenā€™t. Traditionally itā€™s a bipartisan passageā€¦.until you became a violent cult.

Ā 

You wonder why we have no choice but to steamroll you. Thatā€™s because you threw tradition out the window when your cult leader got stomped.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

They arenā€™t. Traditionally itā€™s a bipartisan passageā€¦.until you became a violent cult.

Ā 

You wonder why we have no choice but to steamroll you. Thatā€™s because you threw tradition out the window when your cult leader got stomped.

Iā€™ve gotta tell you, you better hope I don't join that trump cult. Ā If I get there he probably wins a next election by 75%.Ā 
Ā 

but I still canā€™t find any of your kind to explain why they donā€™t just pass the debt ceiling bump unilaterally? They can just do it. But they are going out of their way to say ā€˜they canā€™t because of the minority. What gives?Ā 

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Iā€™ve gotta tell you, you better hope I don't join that trump cult. Ā If I get there he probably wins a next election by 75%.Ā 
Ā 

but I still canā€™t find any of your kind to explain why they donā€™t just pass the debt ceiling bump unilaterally? They can just do it. But they are going out of their way to say ā€˜they canā€™t because of the minority. What gives?Ā 

This is your problem. You think the cult is the majority. Thatā€™s because of the media you consume. I know this because it used to be my job to know that.

Ā 

If the election were tomorrow, Biden would win by more than he did the first time. I know that for a fact.

Ā 

So, what ware you watching that would lead you to believe that a past president, who lost most voters when Ā he lied about his inauguration crowd size, was twice impeached, and is soon to be indicted, would get 75 percent of the vote?

Ā 

I understand that youā€™re angry, but youā€™re losing badly because Biden has a bear hug on the center.

Edited by Governor

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ā 

You need someone to spell it out for you?

Just now, Governor said:

This is your problem. You think the cult is the majority. Thatā€™s because of the media you consume. I know this because it used to be my job to know that.

Ā 

If the election were tomorrow, Biden would win by more than he did the first time. I know that for a fact.

Ā 

So, what ware you watching that would lead you to believe that a past president, who most gave up on when he lied about his inauguration crowd size, was twice impeached, and is soon to be indicted, would get 75 percent of the vote?

Sure. Thatā€™s fine. Say for getting past this point Iā€™m a Fox News news max loving maga trumpq conspiracy red state hydroxychloroquine anti vax 57 gun owning xenophobic middle aged white guy..

Ā 

Ā 

why are the dems not using their unilateral majority to increase the debt ceiling?Ā 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure. Thatā€™s fine. Say for getting past this point Iā€™m a Fox News news max loving maga trumpq conspiracy red state hydroxychloroquine anti vax 57 gun owning xenophobic middle aged white guy..

Ā 

Ā 

why are the dems not using their unilateral majority to increase the debt ceiling?Ā 

They are. It will pass, along with both infrastructure bills.

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So why donā€™t they? Why all the theater?Ā 
Ā 

Take a stand and own it.Ā 

Why all the theater? Do you not remember Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and the rest of the teabagger nimrods during that process under Obama?
Ā 

This is a pivot for Republicans to pretend that they care about spending, except it isnā€™t working.

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So why donā€™t they? Why all the theater?Ā 
Ā 

Take a stand and own it.Ā 

Basically, you went to the well a dozen too many times and Mitch just falls back in obstruction. This is nothing new.

Ā 

The problem is that we have the house and the senate, so obstruction can slow things down, but wonā€™t work in the end.

Edited by Governor

17 minutes ago, Governor said:

Why all the theater? Do you not remember Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and the rest of the teabagger nimrods during that process under Obama?
Ā 

This is a pivot for Republicans to pretend that they care about spending, except it isnā€™t working.

Basically, you went to the well a dozen too many times and Mitch just falls back in obstruction. This is nothing new.

Ā 

The problem is that we have the house and the senate, so obstruction can slow things down, but wonā€™t work in the end.

Umā€¦ so, to recap. Senate democrats, house democrats, White House democratsā€¦ so raise the debt ceiling alreadyā€¦. Why all the whining?Ā 

Umā€¦ so, to recap. Senate democrats, house democrats, White House democratsā€¦ so raise the debt ceiling alreadyā€¦. Why all the whining?Ā 

Because we need to make it crystal clear that the GOP wants to default and sink the economyā€¦ā€¦and voters now know that.

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They record who votes for what right?Ā 

Indeed. Basically, Mitch is hogtied by Trump and will just obstruct from here on out. They will have to explain to their moderate constituents why they voted to sink the US economy.

Ā 

Its not a good strategy. Mitch is hoping the economy Ā dips so he can steal a few senate seats, or at least pretend that he tried, to avoid attacks from Trump.

Ā 

After looking at these Senate races, Mitch needs something big to happen. It doesnā€™t look it itā€™s going to.

Ā 

Hes basically risking your retirement to become leader again and they have no way of fixing that damage later.

Ā 

Weā€™re used to obstruction after 8 years of Obama. Just point it out, get them on record/votes, and move on.

Ā 

Biden wonā€™t make the mistakes Obama made. Itā€™s the same playbook, but it isnā€™t working this time because the senate is tied, and the political landscape is differentā€¦..Covid, etc.

Ā 

GOP: One-trick ponies.

Edited by Governor

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They record who votes for what right?Ā 

Mitch is trying to put Sinema and Manchin in a position where they have to vote with Dems on these large packages, thinking that it will make them vulnerable in their next elections, and can paint them as liberals.

Ā 

The problem is that the NC seat and the Pennsylvania seat could easily go blue.

Ā 

Mitch basically got dealt a 2/7 off suit. There isnā€™t much he can do other than obstruct.

Ā 

At the same time, Manchin and Sinema know they hold a strong hand. They just flopped trips and are slow playing it to maximize the profit/pork from those hands. Itā€™s just games and drama.

Edited by Governor

Indeed. Basically, Mitch is hogtied by Trump and will just obstruct from here on out. They will have to explain to their moderate constituents why they voted to sink the US economy.

Ā 

Its not a good strategy. Mitch is hoping the economy Ā dips so he can steal a few senate seats, or at least pretend that he tried, to avoid attacks from Trump.

Ā 

After looking at these Senate races, Mitch needs something big to happen. It doesnā€™t look it itā€™s going to.

Ā 

Hes basically risking your retirement to become leader again and they have no way of fixing that damage later.

Not risking my retirement. I played nasdaq like a champ after the government induced recession. Ā Now Iā€™m liquid and looking to invest away from this disaster in the making. Ā Iā€™d buy stock in the companies all the dems plan on enriching with their huge spending programs, but itā€™s hard to figure out who owns them until after the fact. Is Solyndra still around? Maybe I should just buy a beach houseā€¦. Far enough from the water that the ocean doesnā€™t swallow it next week of course. Because itā€™s the greatest blah blah blahĀ 

Ā 

im good either way, my company is killing it with all these fed give aways.Ā 
Ā 

my executive team is using your dems emergency broadband program to make sure everyone will get their six or seven figure bonus. but hey, theyā€™ve got fcc friends. They all know how much they are helping the little guy šŸ˜‰Ā 
Ā 

You guys sure donā€™t seem like you are doing this right.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Not risking my retirement. I played nasdaq like a champ after the government induced recession. Ā Now Iā€™m liquid and looking to invest away from this disaster in the making. Ā Iā€™d buy stock in the companies all the dems plan on enriching with their huge spending programs, but itā€™s hard to figure out who owns them until after the fact. Is Solyndra still around? Maybe I should just buy a beach houseā€¦. Far enough from the water that the ocean doesnā€™t swallow it next week of course. Because itā€™s the greatest blah blah blahĀ 

Ā 

im good either way, my company is killing it with all these fed give aways.Ā 
Ā 

my executive team is using your dems emergency broadband program to make sure everyone will get their six or seven figure bonus. but hey, theyā€™ve got fcc friends. They all know how much they are helping the little guy šŸ˜‰Ā 
Ā 

You guys sure donā€™t seem like you are doing this right.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Weā€™re doing it exactly rightā€¦.to extend our leads after the midterms.

Ā 

Who do you think these people that just got a second round of PPP are going to vote for? How bout the disgusting child credit money that will kick in right before the election?

Ā 

How about the fact that Nancy raised the floor to 20/hr for basic warehouse jobs that used to pay 11 dollars.

Ā 

Voters know who gave them these things.

Ā 

DeSantis will probably block the 15 minimum wage hike through the courts.Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™re in really bad shape.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why should they? The Dems outsmarted the Republicans to use reconciliation 3 times (basically).

Ā 

Republicans got to use reconciliation twice after Trump. The first time they added a ton of debt for tax cuts to the rich. The second time they wanted to take away peopleā€™s health insurance.

Ā 

Dems used their first time to help people in the pandemic and their second one to help every day Americans (while increasing taxes on the wealthy but itā€™s not passed yet and still waiting Senate language)

Ā 

The debt ceiling is something that historically has been passed bi-partisanly until the tea party held Americans Hostage. When Trump was President the Dems helped raise it 3 times.

Ā 

The Dems are asking for Republicans to act like grown up and Republicans are acting like Republicans.

Ā 

Also Dems arenā€™t followers like the Republicans. Itā€™s great seeing a bit of House Dems call out Biden. Something that didnā€™t happen in the Trump era from Republicans.

Edited by Backintheday544

Weā€™re doing it exactly rightā€¦.to extend our leads after the midterms.

Ā 

Who do you think these people that just got a second round of PPP are going to vote for? How bout the disgusting child credit money that will kick in right before the election?

Ā 

How about the fact that Nancy raised the floor to 20/hr for basic warehouse jobs that used to pay 11 dollars.

Ā 

Voters know who gave them these things.

Ā 

DeSantis will probably block the 15 minimum wage hike through the courts.Ā 
Ā 

Theyā€™re in really bad shape.

part of me hopes it happens. While having the democrats in power is really bad for my kids generation, our company is making money like never before thanks to this new admin. Its almost like we get our own turn at the printing press. If this infrastructure bill passes my bonus next year will beat your annual household income.Ā 
Ā 

that sounds like the democrats I grew up knowing. You?Ā 

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

part of me hopes it happens. While having the democrats in power is really bad for my kids generation, our company is making money like never before thanks to this new admin. Its almost like we get our own turn at the printing press. If this infrastructure bill passes my bonus next year will beat your annual household income.Ā 
Ā 

that sounds like the democrats I grew up knowing. You?Ā 

Ā 

We went to my gfā€™s cousins house last week in Livingston. Theyā€™re a little younger than us. She works for MTA and he has some finance job. They make 400k combined. They do travel to the city each day tho.Ā 
Ā 

People are banking up here. The lower class just saw their wages double in the last 2 years.

Ā 

Iā€™ve never seen anything quite like this is my lifetime. The new floor is set.

Ā 

Wish I could say the same for southern states. They wonā€™t ever get close to where weā€™re at.

Ā 

I might actually go back to work. Lol.

Edited by Governor

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Why should they? The Dems outsmarted the Republicans to use reconciliation 3 times (basically).

Ā 

Republicans got to use reconciliation twice after Trump. The first time they added a ton of debt for tax cuts to the rich. The second time they wanted to take away peopleā€™s health insurance.

Ā 

Dems used their first time to help people in the pandemic and their second one to help every day Americans (while increasing taxes on the wealthy but itā€™s not passed yet and still waiting Senate language)

Ā 

The debt ceiling is something that historically has been passed bi-partisanly until the tea party held Americans Hostage. When Trump was President the Dems helped raise it 3 times.

Ā 

The Dems are asking for Republicans to act like grown up and Republicans are acting like Republicans.

with all due respect to the Republicans on the board here who tend to be much more pleasant, itā€™s a disaster.Ā 
Ā 

they have imo 1 talking point right despite their actual behavior, and that is the federal government is to big, expensive, ineffective, corrupt, bloated and overpriced. The problem is they are part of it too.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

We went to my gfā€™s cousins house last week in Livingston. Theyā€™re a little younger than us. She works for MTA and he has some finance job. They make 400k combined. They do travel to the city each day tho.Ā 
Ā 

People are banking up here. The lower class just saw their wages double in the last 2 years.

Ā 

Iā€™ve never seen anything quite like this is my lifetime. The new floor is set.

Ā 

Wish I could say the same for southern states. They wonā€™t ever get close to where weā€™re at.

You didnā€™t even stop by and say hi?

400k? hope They are ok paying more taxes than Bezosā€¦ for some reason those ā€˜wealthyā€™ arenā€™t impacted by the proposed tax law. šŸ¤”Ā 

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Ā 

Ā 

So, what ware you watching that would lead you to believe that a past president, who lost most voters when Ā he lied about his inauguration crowd size, was twice impeached, and is soon to be indicted, would get 75 percent of the vote?

Ā 

I understand that youā€™re angry, but youā€™re losing badly because Biden has a bear hug on the center.

Ā 

The ā€œcultā€ is not the majority, just like the Dems weren't the majority because Joey got more votes. Independents got duped and are having buyerā€™s remorse now. Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Because we need to make it crystal clear that the GOP wants to default and sink the economyā€¦ā€¦and voters now know that.

You mean you want to lie and (continue to) blame it on the Republicans. Ā Because, again, the Dems can unilaterally ā€œsaveā€ the economy. Ā Why wouldnā€™t they want to make themselves the heroes? Ā 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

with all due respect to the Republicans on the board here who tend to be much more pleasant, itā€™s a disaster.Ā 
Ā 

they have imo 1 talking point right despite their actual behavior, and that is the federal government is to big, expensive, ineffective, corrupt, bloated and overpriced. The problem is they are part of it too.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

You didnā€™t even stop by and say hi?

400k? hope They are ok paying more taxes than Bezosā€¦ for some reason those ā€˜wealthyā€™ arenā€™t impacted by the proposed tax law. šŸ¤”Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m assuming you are agreeing the Republican childish behavior is a disaster.

Ā 

A large part of the debt is bi-partisan bills like the CAREs Act or Republican bills like TCJA. $0 of the debt is from the dem reconciliation bill that has yet to pass.

Ā 

The Republicans are just trying to eat up one of the Dems reconciliation bills. And this is for something no one cared about and always passed before the tea party for one go around and after that the devastation on the economy was so great they didnā€™t mess with it again. Dems with Trump just passed it 3 times.