Debt Ceiling Nonsense

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What a joke 

Sloan Sabbith : I just got off the phone with these guys. Listen to these quotes. These aren't from liberals. these are hardcore Wall-Street guys,Who whatever the world may think of them,Knows what they're talking about and so do I. Jamie Dimon atChase says, "Voting against raising the debt ceiling would be a moral disaster." The Barclays guys say "This debate is detached from reality." My Goldman source says "If the house Republicans continue this debate, I hope they're willing to mark the end of the dollar as a global reserve currency." Please notice he didn't say if the house republicans don't raise the debt ceiling. he said if the house republicans continue this debate. That's all it takes. Just the uncertainty. That's why the Dow's gonna close down 230 points today. Because just the debate,just the doubt,just the possibility that the House Majority might commit the most self-inflicted damage to the country since the secession of the south has caused billions in value to disappear. -Newsroom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

These aren't from liberals. these are hardcore Wall-Street guys

Liberals aren’t Wall Street guys? 

😂 😂  

A ton of Joe’s cabinet are former Wall Street, VC and PE firm elites… 

Blinken- yep

Gina Raimondo Yep 

Tom Vilsack President of us dairy council… close enough

Jennifer Granholm- sat on 5 corporate boards

Ron Klain was EVP of VC firm

Democrats pretending they aren’t the party of rich elites 😂 

come on man! 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-cabinet-picks-earned-millions-from-wall-street-and-big-tech/ar-BB1csGYb

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Liberals aren’t Wall Street guys? 

😂 😂  

A ton of Joe’s cabinet are former Wall Street, VC and PE firm elites… 

Blinken- yep

Gina Raimondo Yep 

Tom Vilsack President of us dairy council… close enough

Jennifer Granholm- sat on 5 corporate boards

Ron Klain was EVP of VC firm

Democrats pretending they aren’t the party of rich elites 😂 

come on man! 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-cabinet-picks-earned-millions-from-wall-street-and-big-tech/ar-BB1csGYb

It’s a quote from a TV show from back when the Tea Party held the country hostage over the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It’s a quote from a TV show from back when the Tea Party held the country hostage over the same thing.

I see you’re referring to this bit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/09/22/how-the-debt-ceiling-turned-into-a-doomsday-cult-513644

😱 😂 

it’s probably going to be a problem someday when just the interest on the debt is unserviceable. But neither political actually cares about that. It’s all theatre 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/09/22/how-the-debt-ceiling-turned-into-a-doomsday-cult-513644

😱 😂 

it’s probably going to be a problem someday when just the interest on the debt is unserviceable. But neither political actually cares about that. It’s all theatre 

No I’m referring to a show called Newsroom. It started Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn, by Aaron Sorkin. Great watch.

It also gave us this great bit:

“Republicans “believe in a prohibitive military, in a common sense government and that there are social programs enacted in the last half century that work, but there are way too many costing way too much that don’t. And [they] believe in the rule of law and order and free-market capitalism.

The Tea Party believes in loving America, but hating Americans…they believe in loving America, but hating its government…and they believe that anyone who disagrees with the Tea Party has sinister anti-America motives …most of all you must never, under any circumstances, seek to reach a compromise with your opponent or do any of what democrats and genuine republicans call governing…and one other plank in the Tea Party platform: if you’re poor, you are either too lazy or too stupid to be rich.”

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control women’s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.

We should call them what they are: The American Taliban.”

Its really interesting since this was pre-Trump and highlights how the Tea Party has fundamentally changed the Republican Party.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No I’m referring to a show called Newsroom. It started Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn, by Aaron Sorkin. Great watch.

“Republicans “believe in a prohibitive military, in a common sense government and that there are social programs enacted in the last half century that work, but there are way too many costing way too much that don’t. And [they] believe in the rule of law and order and free-market capitalism.

The Tea Party believes in loving America, but hating Americans…they believe in loving America, but hating its government…and they believe that anyone who disagrees with the Tea Party has sinister anti-America motives …most of all you must never, under any circumstances, seek to reach a compromise with your opponent or do any of what democrats and genuine republicans call governing…and one other plank in the Tea Party platform: if you’re poor, you are either too lazy or too stupid to be rich.”

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control women’s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.”

Its really interesting since this was pre-Trump and highlights how the Tea Party has fundamentally changed the Republican Party.

Ideological puritanism is a scourge. 

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Ideological Purity, Compromise as weakness, A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism, Denying science, Unmoved by facts, Undeterred by new information, A hostile fear of progress, A demonization of education, A need to control women’s bodies, Severe xenophobia, Tribal mentality, Intolerance of dissent, and a pathological hatred of the U.S. government.

We should call them what they are: The American Taliban.”

Maybe we ship the progressives and teabaggers off to an island somewhere to fight it out and we can have a country again. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

😱 😂 

That's the nature of a fractional reserve system where the major banking institutions who comprise the Federal Reserve are granted the authority to lend money that doesn't exist at interest. 

Not only is there always more debt than money, but the amount of debt in the system increases exponentially. 

If the debt stops increasing exponentially, lending ends. If lending ends, the banks that comprise the Federal Reserve stop making profit...

The only tenable solution that would allow for this system to remain solvent is a massive debt abolishment. Won't happen. So either debt continues to increase exponentially, or lending grinds to a halt and no one can buy a home or run a business. 

The hard money, increase interest rates guy's missed the Nixon administration dismantling of FDR's Breton Woods regulations and the consequences of unleasing a digital fiat currency. How do you put that genie back in a bottle? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

That's the nature of a fractional reserve system where the major banking institutions who comprise the Federal Reserve are granted the authority to lend money that doesn't exist at interest. 

Not only is there always more debt than money, but the amount of debt in the system increases exponentially. 

If the debt stops increasing exponentially, lending ends. If lending ends, the banks that comprise the Federal Reserve stop making profit...

The only tenable solution that would allow for this system to remain solvent is a massive debt abolishment. Won't happen. So either debt continues to increase exponentially, or lending grinds to a halt and no one can buy a home or run a business. 

The hard money, increase interest rates guy's missed the Nixon administration dismantling of FDR's Breton Woods regulations and the consequences of unleasing a digital fiat currency. How do you put that genie back in a bottle? 

Debt is money.

Breton woods ended a facade. 

And there is no bottling the genie.

As the American empire withers and dies, demand for dollars will fade, value will drop, inflation will accelerate, interest rates on new debt will go up to try and spur demand but to no avail. The debt ceiling will be the least of our problems. 

Watching CNBC this am apparently the Democrats bill is a total sham and van Holland can’t speak to it. 

had no explanation when they said, you’re going after the wealthy but not the super wealthy??? 

had no explanation when they said, you could pass the debt ceiling with your majorities through budget reconciliation couldn’t you? Why don’t you? 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Watching CNBC this am apparently the Democrats bill is a total sham and van Holland can’t speak to it. 

had no explanation when they said, you’re going after the wealthy but not the super wealthy??? 

had no explanation when they said, you could pass the debt ceiling with your majorities through budget reconciliation couldn’t you? Why don’t you? 

So you’re in favor of default to appease the Trump cult you’re presently a member of?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

So you’re in favor of default to appease the Trump cult you’re presently a member of?

Sorry I’m late responding this orange spray on tan keep running into my eyes.

No my point is why doesn’t the majority just pass it? Why are they trying to pretend the other guys are in the way? What’s this game all about? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sorry I’m late responding this orange spray on tan keep running into my eyes.

No my point is why doesn’t the majority just pass it? Why are they trying to pretend the other guys are in the way? What’s this game all about? 

They aren’t. Traditionally it’s a bipartisan passage….until you became a violent cult.

You wonder why we have no choice but to steamroll you. That’s because you threw tradition out the window when your cult leader got stomped.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

They aren’t. Traditionally it’s a bipartisan passage….until you became a violent cult.

You wonder why we have no choice but to steamroll you. That’s because you threw tradition out the window when your cult leader got stomped.

I’ve gotta tell you, you better hope I don't join that trump cult.  If I get there he probably wins a next election by 75%. 

but I still can’t find any of your kind to explain why they don’t just pass the debt ceiling bump unilaterally? They can just do it. But they are going out of their way to say ‘they can’t because of the minority. What gives?