My mom passed away today.

Wacka

We were there at the end. Hospice came to the House.They avoid taking people to their facility unless it is absolutely necessary. They were going to come daily if she would have lasted longer.  I checked on her about 15 minutes before my brother did. I was just in the next room.

They say to call them before the funeral home. They came, pronounced her dead and helped us gather and destroy  all her medications and their "comfort pack" stored in the fridge (morphine and painkillers which are if needed-we didn't). They offered to call the funeral home for us, but my brother did it. They even offer a year of grief counseling if needed. They are there to help the patient AND the family.

I have read your posts about your Mother.  She had a very good son in you.   I'm sorry to hear about her death. And thanks for the advice.  I am going down to Texas in a couple of weeks to visit my 83 year old Mother. I will follow your advice and cherish every moment.

Hang in. I know losing a parent is rough.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Spent the morning calling about her life insurance policy, annuities, my dad's pension, etc. Stuff  you have to do . Much easier when you have put all of it together several years before it was necessary. Just went in the strong box and pulled them out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.