Sunday Weather

SoCal Deek

Being out here in Southern California we don't pay much attention to the weather but when I check Buffalo on my iPhone it keeps flipping back and forth from either sunny to a chance of showers for Sunday in Orchard Park with a high in the mid-70's.  What are they saying back in WNY?

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Being out here in Southern California we don't pay much attention to the weather but when I check Buffalo on my iPhone it keeps flipping back and forth from either sunny to a chance of showers for Sunday in Orchard Park with a high in the mid-70's.  What are they saying back in WNY?

Last night at 6:00 news there was a slight chance of showers mid 70s but today the forecast doesn't call for rain but same mid 70s. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Last night at 6:00 news there was a slight chance of showers mid 70s but today the forecast doesn't call for rain but same mid 70s. 

When I see it fluctuate like that it means a front is moving through....which also means windy. Are they saying anything about it?

Can change by Sunday.  Depending on the wind direction, could get more rain if if actually does rain. 

For example in July, the Tonawandas got 7 inches in about 2 days, while in Cheektowaga, we got about a tenth of an inch. 

This AM, the sky was perfectly cloudless from Cheektoeaha north, but in the southtowns they had clouds that looked like lake effect. They were predicting lake effect rain for the southern half of the county. The situations were like what causes lake effect snow (difference in water and air temps), but it is much too warm for snow (low 70s today). They did spot a waterspout off Ripley (by the PA state line) this morning.

Edited by Wacka