Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

Let's get to it. 

41 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I dunno, Mr. Skin-erd, but this is a subforum comprised of ~96% male Gen X’ers/Boomers. The other ~4% is a menstruating Gen Z/Millenial tweener named Commie Kay. For this reason, I almost feel morally obligated to contribute in a thread on abortion? I’ll use my typical numerical outline format to make everything slightly easier to read. Expect a very long post:

Fair enough, though my point wasn't necessarily about whether you could/should share your feelings (it's not pre-1920 for God's sake, for better or worse) about abortion--nor actually about how you personally feel in this regard, more the garden variety "What's the point?" in all of this.  Thanks for the clarity on your thought process--that helps frame things for me. 

1. Kay’s Personal Stance on Abortion: I’m pro-life beyond about 8 weeks, which is the approximate point where both electrical brain activity and a heartbeat can be recorded. This is my own arbitrary definition of when an embryo gains “human” status. However, I don’t think I’m psychologically capable of having ANY type of abortion outside the typical extenuating circumstances (*****, rape, my life in danger, very significant deformities/genetic defects of baby, dilation/curettage after miscarriage).

You're a far-right zealot compared to me! We agree on the extenuating circumstances so we're going to mark this a Leh-nerd/CKA win.

2. Kay’s Public Policy Stance on Abortion: I am in favor of safe, legal, and RARE abortions for all three trimesters (something like ~90% happen during the first trimester, ~9% during the second, ~1% during the third). For me, this entire debate simplifies down to acknowledging and weighing the interests of two sides: the life of the embryo/fetus/baby and the health/safety of the mother. Pro-lifers tend to fixate on determining when life begins and, thereby, frequently overlook the consequences of their abortion public policies on the lives of the mothers at all three trimesters. People are going to end up having sex. Women are going to end up seeking abortions. Is it sensible to reintroduce an industry of back-alley abortions because we have collectively decided to prioritize the life of, say, a 7-week old embryo as in the case of Texas SB 8? These mothers aren’t succubi, by the way! These are your daughters, sisters, and female friends! Almost all are innocent victims in this, too, who have been trapped by life’s circumstances into making emotionally traumatic decisions. Don’t think they are victims? Fine, then pray for them. Talk to them. Advise them. Persuade them. But don’t use the government to criminalize them.

Well, we had a minute of togetherness on Kay's Franklin Planner Daily Remembrance bullet point 1.  It was fun while it lasted.  

Leh-nerd's Public Policy Stance on Life:  Once we get past 12 weeks, we are moving (gradually, at first then with lighting speed) from some variation of reasonable for all the reasons you cited to full out Mengele-esque barbarism.  I'll acknowledge the arbitrary nature of that line, I'll acknowledge that I may not have felt that way when I was a younger man and faced with significant, life-altering decisions, and acknowledge there is a line of hypocrisy there I may not be capable of seeing.  I can live with all that and file it under W for Wisdom in my emotional file cabinet.  Exemptions apply, you did a wonderful job of bringing those into the discussion 30 seconds ago, back when I thought you were the total chick package in spite of your abject leftyism.  

You make a persuasive argument about the women represented in this argument, but I assure you I have considered all that in my analysis.  I am blessed to have wonderful women in my life--strong, smart, tough...including my own daughter.  I think, at some point, personal accountability has to factor into the equation, exemptions duly noted.  

As for criminality, I agree on that issue, and I don't sit in judgement of those who choose to have an abortion.  I have my thoughts, I make 'em known if someone cares, and other than that, onward.  I'm no saint, I'm no angel, but I try.  

3. Right-Wing Hypocrisy, Part 1: What is the percentage of pro-lifers who have ever had sex with partners outside the confines of a strongly committed relationship? Or for that matter, what is the percentage of pro-lifers who would be WILLING to have sex with partners outside the confines of a strongly committed relationship? Now of these percentages, how many would still be willing to support a “bastard child” (ew…hate that term) for 18+ years if the birth control or condom fails? And among those who wouldn’t, how many of the men would be willing to equally share the criminal penalty with the involved female?

People are hypocrites, we're back to agreeing.  I don't see that solely as a right wing issue.  And, obviously, so? 

4. Right-Wing Hypocrisy, Part 2: “Congratulations on your birth, little baby! Now go pick yourself up by your tiny bootstraps, get off that pacifier, and get a job!” says a typical right winger (more or less). What more needs to be said here about the crowd who thinks health care isn’t a basic human right? You’re also probably familiar with my social democracy stances on issues like preschool/college/trade school funding, living wages, affordable public housing, etc… The cognitive dissonance among American pro-lifers is stunning to anyone from more sensible countries with much better upward socioeconomic mobility stats. American pro-lifers insist you be born, but thereafter couldn’t care less if your parents are completely unprepared to give you a fighting chance in life. Sanctity of life? Please.

Seriously Kay, *&^ 'other countries'.  That argument holds no water with me.  I simply don't care.  I don't hate, I don't look down on the Fwench, but seriously...why would I give a damn about what some beret-wearing baguette munching dope at a street-side cafe outside the Louvre thinks about life? There seems to be two cottage industries that thrive in these mysteriously enlightened oasis's of nothing but the pure:

1. Running call centers to tell us how sh&tty we are as a people;
  2. Running call centers to shill for aid from the American taxpayer;

As for social programs, I don't know many (any) right wingers who object to the concept of the social safety net,  or suggest that momma pull herself up by the vegan bootstraps and hit the coal mines 18 hours after live birthin' twins.  The challenge is the social safety net cannot be as big as the American southwest, burdening without constraint the good citizens working hard to improve their station in life.  

With regard to the sanctity of life issue, you can mock, but there are most definitely folks who live it and believe it.  They just might not be there at your average Gender Inequality Obesity-is-a-dirty-word Rally for The Enlightened in midtown-Manhattan.  And to be clear, I'm not one of them, I'm a mixed up bag of conservatism and libertarian and social liberalism trying to make his way through life doing the best he can.  Or, as you might say, I'm a boomer. 

5. Primal Explanations: There is a very dark undercurrent of female agency-directed misogyny in the abortion debate that is rooted in evolutionary psychology and anthropology. I shall say no more because it will distract heavily from the rest of my post, but any woman reading this knows exactly what I’m talking about, unfortunately.

You went full on @ComradeMKnightShyamalan here, and all I can say without digging further into some of the darkness is that everything is rooted in something. 

6. Why Texas SB 8 is So Despicable:

6-1. The unreasonably short “heartbeat window” of about 6 weeks. For one thing, you can’t even test for pregnancy during the first 3 weeks. And for a variety of reasons, it is not uncommon for women to have irregular menstrual cycles. Exercise, diet, and stress can play major roles in that regard. Women may also delay having an abortion because of financial/transportation limitations, poor education/misinformation, shame, fear, trauma, or sudden changes to the relationship status with significant others. There can even be significant and unexpected time delays between the initiation of an abortion consultation and the point at which the medical procedure is performed. A woman, for example, could sign up for an abortion appointment well within the first trimester but not have the procedure completed until the second trimester.

All true.  It changes nothing for me.  

6-2. No exceptions for rape, *****, health of mother, etc. Ugh. So gross.

Gross.  We agree.  This should change. 

6-3. The infamously egregious $10k vigilantism component…the fact that all 9 Supreme Court justices didn’t immediately shoot the bill down for this component alone means we may be facing constitutional crises in the very near future. Abject legal stupidity.

There is a potential for egregious financial vigilantism in virtually everything we do in this country.  Abortion is big business, it transcends the obvious emotional issues a birth person might be up against, and I'm not sure why suddenly we need to get all hot and bothered about the ramifications here.  

7. Political Strategy: You asked what all this is REEEEEEEAAAALLLY about, Leh-nerd, but I prefer you speak more directly with me. We’re good PPP friends, after all, no? You believe the Democrats are using this issue to drum up female support in a difficult upcoming midterm election. You also think the far-lefties want to use this issue to pack the court so that they can push their Green New Deal. You would be correct with both accusations lol!! But but BUT…it can also be because they genuinely care about protecting Roe v. Wade, on principle and for the preservation of the nation. It can be all of these things.

8. Kay’s Political Threat to Leh-nerd and Crew: The GOP has won the popular vote in a presidential election only once since 1988. They’re barely holding on for 2024, even with the assumed 40 electoral college votes from Texas and the 30 from Florida. But we know that Texas is trending purple. If the Democrats can somehow flip Texas and hold it, the GOP would be rendered all but mathematically eliminated from presidential election competition for a generation…even WITH support from Georgia, Arizona, and those big 3 Midwest states. So if I were you guys, I would be more careful with how you wield those sub-33% approval issues…

Respectfully, this was my original point.   You seem to think those in opposition to your perspective should negotiate,  submit or acquiesce to stay politically relevant.  Truth---if the goal to win elections requires me to come to shrug my shoulders  at 24x7 AbortionsRUs supercenters on every corner, some catering to QwikN'EZ 3rd Trimester Brain Suctioning, I'd just as soon pass on the win and let all y'all mahfahs carry that torch.    

One thing to me is perfectly clear--just because a people support something today does not make it stand the test of time historically.  I'm ok with being labelled a fundamentalist nut job for my beliefs.  ❤️ all/respect all does not require me to suspend what I believe. I can live with it, Kay. 

9. Kay’s Miscellaneous Policy Positions: I am for Supreme Court term limits and for codifying Roe v. Wade with a federal law. I used to be firmly against court packing, but now I see it as potentially necessary to invalidate the judicial branch in case the GOP attempts to govern the entire nation with 5 out-of-touch individuals upholding highly unpopular (i.e. sub-33% approval) policy positions. It’s an affront to democracy. Same goes for the left, too, by the way! I disapprove of the left pushing any policy that has much less than 50% support, with very few exceptions. If one wants to govern the country a certain way, one must first exercise one’s first amendment rights and persuade. You also mentioned gun rights and border control and CRT, Leh-nerd. I’m actually center-right on the first two and completely against CRT, so you would find me vociferously fighting alongside the right wingers if my far-left friends try to subvert the will of the majority on these issues.

We agree on some things, others not so much.  

You're a good poster Kay--I mean that.  I try to listen, try and learn, but some things I'm just not interested in moving my line on.  

Peace out, ya Jerry Garcia loving granola munchin' hippie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I am here for you when you are ready.  And don't be afraid of fonts, I promise they can't hurt you, I got your back!

Hmmm.  It’s not the fonts I’m afraid of. I’m a little concerned that you would be grabby if we here to hug it out.  So I think it’s best you give the hug to someone else. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hmmm.  It’s not the fonts I’m afraid of. I’m a little concerned that you would be grabby if we here to hug it out.  So I think it’s best you give the hug to someone else. 

Poor guy, you must be so terribly lonely. If you ever decide you want to try and make some friends, I'll try and help you.

40 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Poor guy, you must be so terribly lonely. If you ever decide you want to try and make some friends, I'll try and help you.

Really?  Thanks.  I didn’t think you’d be good at making friends.  Figured you were always three quarters in the bag on that crappy whiskey of yours, gnawing on an ivermectin bar, and running around in your MAGA hat yelling at clouds and minorities.  

4 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I dunno, Mr. Skin-erd, but this is a subforum comprised of ~96% male Gen X’ers/Boomers. The other ~4% is a menstruating Gen Z/Millenial tweener named Commie Kay. For this reason, I almost feel morally obligated to contribute in a thread on abortion? I’ll use my typical numerical outline format to make everything slightly easier to read. Expect a very long post:

1. Kay’s Personal Stance on Abortion: I’m pro-life beyond about 8 weeks, which is the approximate point where both electrical brain activity and a heartbeat can be recorded. This is my own arbitrary definition of when an embryo gains “human” status. However, I don’t think I’m psychologically capable of having ANY type of abortion outside the typical extenuating circumstances (*****, rape, my life in danger, very significant deformities/genetic defects of baby, dilation/curettage after miscarriage).

2. Kay’s Public Policy Stance on Abortion: I am in favor of safe, legal, and RARE abortions for all three trimesters (something like ~90% happen during the first trimester, ~9% during the second, ~1% during the third). For me, this entire debate simplifies down to acknowledging and weighing the interests of two sides: the life of the embryo/fetus/baby and the health/safety of the mother. Pro-lifers tend to fixate on determining when life begins and, thereby, frequently overlook the consequences of their abortion public policies on the lives of the mothers at all three trimesters. People are going to end up having sex. Women are going to end up seeking abortions. Is it sensible to reintroduce an industry of back-alley abortions because we have collectively decided to prioritize the life of, say, a 7-week old embryo as in the case of Texas SB 8? These mothers aren’t succubi, by the way! These are your daughters, sisters, and female friends! Almost all are innocent victims in this, too, who have been trapped by life’s circumstances into making emotionally traumatic decisions. Don’t think they are victims? Fine, then pray for them. Talk to them. Advise them. Persuade them. But don’t use the government to criminalize them.

3. Right-Wing Hypocrisy, Part 1: What is the percentage of pro-lifers who have ever had sex with partners outside the confines of a strongly committed relationship? Or for that matter, what is the percentage of pro-lifers who would be WILLING to have sex with partners outside the confines of a strongly committed relationship? Now of these percentages, how many would still be willing to support a “bastard child” (ew…hate that term) for 18+ years if the birth control or condom fails? And among those who wouldn’t, how many of the men would be willing to equally share the criminal penalty with the involved female?

4. Right-Wing Hypocrisy, Part 2: “Congratulations on your birth, little baby! Now go pick yourself up by your tiny bootstraps, get off that pacifier, and get a job!” says a typical right winger (more or less). What more needs to be said here about the crowd who thinks health care isn’t a basic human right? You’re also probably familiar with my social democracy stances on issues like preschool/college/trade school funding, living wages, affordable public housing, etc… The cognitive dissonance among American pro-lifers is stunning to anyone from more sensible countries with much better upward socioeconomic mobility stats. American pro-lifers insist you be born, but thereafter couldn’t care less if your parents are completely unprepared to give you a fighting chance in life. Sanctity of life? Please.

5. Primal Explanations: There is a very dark undercurrent of female agency-directed misogyny in the abortion debate that is rooted in evolutionary psychology and anthropology. I shall say no more because it will distract heavily from the rest of my post, but any woman reading this knows exactly what I’m talking about, unfortunately.

6. Why Texas SB 8 is So Despicable:

6-1. The unreasonably short “heartbeat window” of about 6 weeks. For one thing, you can’t even test for pregnancy during the first 3 weeks. And for a variety of reasons, it is not uncommon for women to have irregular menstrual cycles. Exercise, diet, and stress can play major roles in that regard. Women may also delay having an abortion because of financial/transportation limitations, poor education/misinformation, shame, fear, trauma, or sudden changes to the relationship status with significant others. There can even be significant and unexpected time delays between the initiation of an abortion consultation and the point at which the medical procedure is performed. A woman, for example, could sign up for an abortion appointment well within the first trimester but not have the procedure completed until the second trimester.

6-2. No exceptions for rape, *****, health of mother, etc. Ugh. So gross.

6-3. The infamously egregious $10k vigilantism component…the fact that all 9 Supreme Court justices didn’t immediately shoot the bill down for this component alone means we may be facing constitutional crises in the very near future. Abject legal stupidity.

7. Political Strategy: You asked what all this is REEEEEEEAAAALLLY about, Leh-nerd, but I prefer you speak more directly with me. We’re good PPP friends, after all, no? You believe the Democrats are using this issue to drum up female support in a difficult upcoming midterm election. You also think the far-lefties want to use this issue to pack the court so that they can push their Green New Deal. You would be correct with both accusations lol!! But but BUT…it can also be because they genuinely care about protecting Roe v. Wade, on principle and for the preservation of the nation. It can be all of these things.

8. Kay’s Political Threat to Leh-nerd and Crew: The GOP has won the popular vote in a presidential election only once since 1988. They’re barely holding on for 2024, even with the assumed 40 electoral college votes from Texas and the 30 from Florida. But we know that Texas is trending purple. If the Democrats can somehow flip Texas and hold it, the GOP would be rendered all but mathematically eliminated from presidential election competition for a generation…even WITH support from Georgia, Arizona, and those big 3 Midwest states. So if I were you guys, I would be more careful with how you wield those sub-33% approval issues…

9. Kay’s Miscellaneous Policy Positions: I am for Supreme Court term limits and for codifying Roe v. Wade with a federal law. I used to be firmly against court packing, but now I see it as potentially necessary to invalidate the judicial branch in case the GOP attempts to govern the entire nation with 5 out-of-touch individuals upholding highly unpopular (i.e. sub-33% approval) policy positions. It’s an affront to democracy. Same goes for the left, too, by the way! I disapprove of the left pushing any policy that has much less than 50% support, with very few exceptions. If one wants to govern the country a certain way, one must first exercise one’s first amendment rights and persuade. You also mentioned gun rights and border control and CRT, Leh-nerd. I’m actually center-right on the first two and completely against CRT, so you would find me vociferously fighting alongside the right wingers if my far-left friends try to subvert the will of the majority on these issues.

Maybe there is no overarching, top-down GOP strategy on display here? Maybe we’re seeing nothing more than rogue clusters of single-issue grassroots movements starting trouble? Nevertheless, I suppose it’s a good nation-wide political stress test for the GOP to see how far they can push their unpopular (i.e. sub-33% approval) ideas under the guise of the tenth amendment. But are they insane enough to take it too far? Yeah, probably…hehehe. Aren’t our conservative friends so cute in their craziness?! It’s such a shame that I will eventually have to send them to my gulag to finish out their lives.

EDIT: ***** = i n c e s t

This is the thing, and I’ve brought it to this board’s attention numerous times now. We have GOP governors purposely passing laws and orders that they know will be reversed as soon as it goes to court. 

DeSantis has easily done this 5 times now. They take the quick political points, disappear, then never actually get any political blowback from that silly order. It’s their new strategy.

The problem is, during a pandemic, people actually die from those orders in that period before it’s reversed.

So, take a step back and look at what they’re really doing here. These folks are full-blown fascists that sat at a table full of lawyers and discussed the pros and cons of these orders and decided that instant political points were worth X amount of lives, including children.

This isn’t like making a tough decision and ending unemployment or cutting some other program because Congress won’t act.  This is purposely passing a law that you know will kill people to score political points.

And the people on this board eat it up. Think about that.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Really?  Thanks.  I didn’t think you’d be good at making friends.  Figured you were always three quarters in the bag on that crappy whiskey of yours, gnawing on an ivermectin bar, and running around in your MAGA hat yelling at clouds and minorities.  

What a wildly inaccurate image you have.  The only thing you got right is the whiskey, and that was from when I created this handle over 20 years ago. In my defense, I was poor and Tenhigh used to be good well bourbon for the price.  Now it's not even bourbon anymore, but I still like the name.  But regardless, if it makes you feel better about yourself to try and belittle me, have at it.  

And why do you hate repurposed medicines so much?  Ivermectin seems like it may have some real benefits to Covid patients:

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

Edited by Tenhigh

51 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What a wildly inaccurate image you have.  The only thing you got right is the whiskey, and that was from when I created this handle over 20 years ago. In my defense, I was poor and Tenhigh used to be good well bourbon for the price.  Now it's not even bourbon anymore, but I still like the name.  But regardless, if it makes you feel better about yourself to try and belittle me, have at it.  

And why do you hate repurposed medicines so much?  Ivermectin seems like it may have some real benefits to Covid patients:

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/08000/ivermectin_for_prevention_and_treatment_of.7.aspx

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

Who said that I hate anything?  Seems like you’re projecting.  What is it that you hate?  

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

HCQ- where's my money

PM me your venmo handle

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Speaking from experience?  

No, I don't hate much, but I see it a lot. You should honestly go back and look at some of the stuff you've posted and ask yourself if you would consider it hateful if your were on the other end. 

13 hours ago, Governor said:

This is the thing, and I’ve brought it to this board’s attention numerous times now. We have GOP governors purposely passing laws and orders that they know will be reversed as soon as it goes to court. 

DeSantis has easily done this 5 times now. They take the quick political points, disappear, then never actually get any political blowback from that silly order. It’s their new strategy.

The problem is, during a pandemic, people actually die from those orders in that period before it’s reversed.

So, take a step back and look at what they’re really doing here. These folks are full-blown fascists that sat at a table full of lawyers and discussed the pros and cons of these orders and decided that instant political points were worth X amount of lives, including children.

This isn’t like making a tough decision and ending unemployment or cutting some other program because Congress won’t act.  This is purposely passing a law that you know will kill people to score political points.

And the people on this board eat it up. Think about that.

I’m very proud of you for this revelation about how politicians work. I’ll just ignore that fact this it’s feels like a fresh new strategy. 😂 

Now you if you really wanted to evolve consider letting go of this naive notion it’s how only one political party works, but not the other “well meaning party of love peace and for the middle working class

You don’t think Biden’s crew did the same tactic on the eviction moratorium, (hell he admitted it real time) or the vaccine mandate? 

the two political parties have devolved into unprincipled party line of legally and constitutionally questionable non legislated mandates shouted through a megaphone. 

We gave parliamentary proceedings a shot, but true ‘mericans prefer their tribal leaders from the aristocracy.

Its funny we wonder why we failed to install democracy and institutional integrity in Afghanistan…. Can’t even do it at home. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m very proud of you for this revelation about how politicians work. I’ll just ignore that fact this it’s feels like a fresh new strategy. 😂 

Now you if you really wanted to evolve consider letting go of this naive notion it’s how only one political party works, but not the other “well meaning party of love peace and for the middle working class

You don’t think Biden’s crew did the same tactic on the eviction moratorium, (hell he admitted it real time) or the vaccine mandate? 

the two political parties have devolved into unprincipled party line of legally and constitutionally questionable non legislated mandates shouted through a megaphone. 

We gave parliamentary proceedings a shot, but true ‘mericans prefer their tribal leaders from the aristocracy.

Its funny we wonder why we failed to install democracy and institutional integrity in Afghanistan…. Can’t even do it at home. 

You can’t “both sides bad” this stuff anymore. It’s gone way beyond that.

Are you seeing the con yet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/09/florida-judge-blocks-enforcement-anti-riot-law-backed-by-desantis/?utm_source=reddit.com

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/09/florida-judge-blocks-enforcement-anti-riot-law-backed-by-desantis/?utm_source=reddit.com

Thank goodness there is no such thing as an activist judge, or an appeal of decisions, or rulings that change.  

Have some credibility man. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Your right, letting US citizens died in Afghanistan because of an entirely predictable situation is much worse than trying to give people freedom. Allowing non citizens to freely move about the country while trying to force citizens to give up freedoms is terrible. DeSantis is not perfect but he values freedom while Biden values government power, you are correct that one side is far worse than the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

i so want to live in this fairytale construct of good guys and bad guys.  Do the good guys have a secret hand shake the ministry of health has sanctioned? 

Pelosi funneling $200 million to her $18 million campaign donors isnt a con? 

Come on man… 😉 

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thank goodness there is no such thing as an activist judge, or an appeal of decisions, or rulings that change.  

Have some credibility man. 

Credibility? Everything that came out of Joe’s mouth yesterday I previously discussed months ago on this board, all the way down to the Medicare/Medicaid requirement.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

No, I don't hate much, but I see it a lot. You should honestly go back and look at some of the stuff you've posted and ask yourself if you would consider it hateful if your were on the other end. 

Better get Melania Trump on the case.   

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your right, letting US citizens died in Afghanistan because of an entirely predictable situation is much worse than trying to give people freedom. Allowing non citizens to freely move about the country while trying to force citizens to give up freedoms is terrible. DeSantis is not perfect but he values freedom while Biden values government power, you are correct that one side is far worse than the other. 

DeSantis is against female freedom of choice and the ability of local governments to decide whether face coverings are appropriate in congregate settings.  Spare me the freedom cliches.