Training camp media and practice 8/15

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If Jerry doesn’t hate Mario, neither should fans!

I texted my friend after Groot's sack "that's a Mario-type sack" lol

In that he made it look too easy, combined with the pressure from Oliver and Harry. The others guys would typically get there first, but not when you have Mario/Groot arms.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you can't see a difference between coaching to "play physical" and launching yourself horizontally into the team's star WR to pick a pass in practice, then rolling on his knees as you get up, I don't know what to tell you. 

As Hyde himself has said at times "I'm the 'he be doing too much" friend".   There's a time for that, and practice in training camp is not that time.

I'm sure having film on that will make Allen a better QB...IF Diggs isn't more seriously injured than thought.  It's possibly not a good sign that Diggs has been out at practice and traveling with the team but wasn't out there today.

I guess I would have to watch it again but I didn’t one time think Hyde was over stepping during that play. If he’s “launching” himself into a player he’s not making that play on the ball IMO. But again, I havnt seen the play in a week….. because, well, I didn’t think there was anything to think twice about with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

Interesting if Hodgkins injury might clear the way for him to be stashed on IR again

All part of the McBeane sorcery 😉

8 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

“McDermott on Bobby Hart: “I’ve been happy with the way he’s approached it. Seems to be working on his game. He’s here early and I appreciate that.”

Now there’s a ringing endorsement!  Wonder what he’ll say after next week’s game?

”I’m happy with Bobby Hart. He parks his truck perfectly within the lines in the parking lot. I appreciate that.”

Funny post! This is actually a pet peeve of mine. Not only do I ALWAYS park perfectly, I get in people’s azz who don’t.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, well, considering it's been reported:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roundup-latest-training-camp-news-from-wednesday-aug-11?campaign=Twitter_atn

If the Bills have only gone up " a little bit", that's....Paltry

Hey! This is a Covid opinion post!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You can put guys in bubble wrap and it's still possible they get hurt. You could remove all the rubber mats from the practice facilities and somebody could still get hurt. 

not to mention their body has to take a few bumbs, bruises, time practicing at 100% (not 75% or 95%), to get their bodies into shape to take a regular season beating.  players sometimes get hurt in pre season,  and taking their first hit regular season week 1 isnt doing them any real favors either.  youre just changing the timeline of it

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I understand what you’re saying, but we’re not talking about inanimate objects in this case...we are not talking about soft tissue injuries induced by the player, himself...we’re talking about a collision by two players that was unnecessary, and that could have easily been avoided...

Now we risk having our all-pro receiver out indefinitely because our vet safety felt he needed to play with some “swag”, as LeGOATski put it...great...

If you are down with that, that’s fine- you are entitled to your opinion...but I am not down with that, especially if it ends up costing us regular season games- or worse, Diggs missing the season due to needing surgery...I know, call me crazy- but stuff like that happens...

Time after time people in the NFL say when you don't practice 100% is more likely to get people hurt. No one is saying you can't tell Micah to watch it, but telling guys to purposely hold back is gonna get someone hurt too. 

Every single team had guys much more 'bubble wrapped' last season and injuries went up early in the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Marino said on his podcast that Tre White has been out since Friday due to personal reasons, not just yesterday. only could find this tweet referencing that. Unsure if he traveled to Detroit? Hope everything is ok. 

I thought I remember him from the pre-flight highlights and pictures from Thursday, but I did not notice him in the pre-game warm-up when everyone else not playing was out stretching together.  I wonder if they got him on a flight and out of Detroit Thursday evening or Friday during the day.

Then we heard he was not around Sunday with the cryptic - absent for personal reasons.

I hope everyone is ok and wish him the best if needed - There is just so much going on at this time - hoping for the best.

Edited by Rochesterfan

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I thought I remember him from the pre-flight highlights and pictures from Thursday, but I did not notice him in the pre-game warm-up when everyone else not playing was out stretching together.  I wonder if they got him on a flight and out of Detroit Thursday evening or Friday during the day.

Then we heard he was not around Sunday with the cryptic - absent for personal reasons.

I hope everyone is ok and wish him the best if needed - There is just so much going on at this time - hoping for the best.

I thought that I had seen him in the pre-flight video but I thought I was the guy with the mask. I was later told that was singletary. Usually the reporters tell us if they don’t see someone in pre-game, but all I can find is this. Assuming he was absent. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic