Jump to content

Afghanistan


Recommended Posts

 

 

Joe Who? ABC Avoids Biden’s Name in Report on ‘Sad,’ ‘Hungry’ Afghanistan.

 

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2022/08/15/joe-who-abc-avoids-bidens-name-report-sad-hungry-afghanistan

 

 

 

 

 

AP: Afghanistan marks one year since Taliban seizure as woes mount.

 

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-poverty-economy-kabul-taliban-cc5a327e607fd5fa1f64eae0e152e973

 

 

 

 

 

 

comfortably_smug_joe_biden_ice_cream_afg

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sherpa said:

 

 

Our Sect. of Defense is a political appointee whose resume strength is that he agrees with Biden, who is a military/leadership illiterate.

 

 

Woo! Say what? YOU are complaining that someone else lacks a REAL resume? That's rich 

 

 

What could it be about this man with a long history of service you don't like? 

Hmmm...I wonder 

image.png.5dda16f65ba1da11207e0c03b6f686fc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Woo! Say what? YOU are complaining that someone else lacks a REAL resume? That's rich 

 

 

What could it be about this man with a long history of service you don't like? 

Hmmm...I wonder 

image.png.5dda16f65ba1da11207e0c03b6f686fc.png

 

Don't wonder, and don't assert.

 

I am saying that there were other folks available who had different views re Afghanistan, and the result has been horrible.

It has nothing to do with what you are inferring, so give it up.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sherpa said:

 

Don't wonder, and don't assert.

 

I am saying that there were other folks available who had different views re Afghanistan, and the result has been horrible.

It has nothing to do with what you are inferring, so give it up.

 

 

You claimed HE had no resume, that's garbage 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You claimed HE had no resume, that's garbage 

 

 

 

Wrong again.

 

You consistently make these comprehension errors.

I absolutely NEVER claimed "he had no resume."

 

I was and am very familiar with his resume and service history.

I claimed the "strength" of his resume was that he agreed with Biden

 

That is almost always the most important factor in the decision regarding that appointment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

 

When you develop a relationship with thousands of people, and then abandum them as a political expedient, there is a result, and it is not good.

I understand, but the relationship was with a few military folks and government officials, 380,000,000 other don't give a flying foodoo. 

There are millions of citizens who have history with Ukraine. Afghanistan is seen as uncivilized, ancient, non Christian and in a religious civil war they have to settle on their own. If you stand between them they both shoot at you, look at Israel and Palestine.

The US has 50% of the population with  Christian religious believe against abortion. Not supporting female independence of their own body. Why do the want to get into a relationship in a non Christian ancient dust bowl because some unexplainable terrorists called Taliban stomp on female rights.

IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I understand, but the relationship was with a few military folks and government officials, 380,000,000 other don't give a flying foodoo. 

There are millions of citizens who have history with Ukraine. Afghanistan is seen as uncivilized, ancient, non Christian and in a religious civil war they have to settle on their own. If you stand between them they both shoot at you, look at Israel and Palestine.

The US has 50% of the population with  Christian religious believe against abortion. Not supporting female independence of their own body. Why do the want to get into a relationship in a non Christian ancient dust bowl because some unexplainable terrorists called Taliban stomp on female rights.

IMHO.

 

This has nothing to do with Ukraine or religious connections.

The issue with Afghanistan and the Taliban was that they were harboring terrorists who were planning, funding, supporting and directly responsible for many horrific acts well outside of Afghanistan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, sherpa said:

 

This has nothing to do with Ukraine or religious connections.

The issue with Afghanistan and the Taliban was that they were harboring terrorists who were planning, funding, supporting and directly responsible for many horrific acts well outside of Afghanistan. 

And 20 years later, countless deaths, murders etc there is nothing anyone can do to stop them short of destroying the dust bowl. Russia tried for 20 years. The US should never have been there. Like Vietnam, you cannot tell the good guys from bad, you cannot believe anyone, or trust anyone. Put a ring around them, toss them some guns and ammo and make a deal with the survivor. The only thing of any value there is coke and dust and not worth lives. Bringing their wars into North America is not worth it. Letting them into the rest of the world is way too dangerous.

IMHO

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Taliban seized more than $7B in U.S.-provided weapons when Afghan government fell

by Mike Glenn

 

More than $7 billion worth of U.S.-supplied military hardware, ranging from howitzers to sniper rifles, fell into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan when the American-backed government in Kabul swiftly collapsed amid the U.S. pullout a year ago. In a report released Tuesday, the Defense Department’s Inspector General said the U.S. government provided almost $85 billion in security assistance to Afghan forces from 2005 to 2021. About $18.6 billion of it funded the procurement of weapons and equipment over the years. The Taliban seized more than $923 million worth of military aircraft; $4.1 billion worth of ground vehicles; and more than $511 million worth of weapons

 

 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/16/more-7-billion-us-provided-weapons-seized-taliban-/

 

 

E9ubr1wVkAguFpY.jpg

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

 

Taliban seized more than $7B in U.S.-provided weapons when Afghan government fell

by Mike Glenn

 

More than $7 billion worth of U.S.-supplied military hardware, ranging from howitzers to sniper rifles, fell into the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan when the American-backed government in Kabul swiftly collapsed amid the U.S. pullout a year ago. In a report released Tuesday, the Defense Department’s Inspector General said the U.S. government provided almost $85 billion in security assistance to Afghan forces from 2005 to 2021. About $18.6 billion of it funded the procurement of weapons and equipment over the years. The Taliban seized more than $923 million worth of military aircraft; $4.1 billion worth of ground vehicles; and more than $511 million worth of weapons

 

 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/16/more-7-billion-us-provided-weapons-seized-taliban-/

 

 

E9ubr1wVkAguFpY.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Simply inexcusable.

In corporate America, this would result in massive firings.

 

In political America, such deserved actions are not done, because it would be an admission of gross failure.

 

How this happened should be examined, and result in removal of the Sec of Def and whomever was responsible for intel re the Afghani shop that didn't see this coming.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Remind me who negotiated with terrorists and not the government we supported w trillions of US tax dollars?

 

Remind me what the negotiated settlement was, how it was not abided by, and what resulted.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

 

Remind me what the negotiated settlement was, how it was not abided by, and what resulted.


Who negotiated w the Taliban? Negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners? Why didn’t Trump finish the job he started?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, sherpa said:

 

I really doubt anyone here will read it, but it is an entirely accurate viewpoint.

The problem is systemic.

When you have the system we have, which causes the extreme top level military to agree with the political power, you get yes men.

It's the best way to do it, but occasionally, like now, you get incompetent leadership.

 

Our Sect. of Defense is a political appointee whose resume strength is that he agrees with Biden, who is a military/leadership illiterate.

 

That extends down to the Joint Chiefs.

Below that, the major unified and operational commanders, things get more reasonable and realistic, but that isn't where major decisions on policy are made.

Trump screwed it up, but left an out if certain circumstances weren't met, but it was a "sloppy" out.

Biden didn't use that out, and the result has been horrible.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was a betrayal and a disaster. 

 


the ftc appointee is a child with no work experience… this admin is really one of the most inept ever.  And that’s a tall order. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


the ftc appointee is a child with no work experience… this admin is really one of the most inept ever.  And that’s a tall order. 


What do you expect when your criteria doesn't rely on fitness for the job, but checking a box?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Doc said:


What do you expect when your criteria doesn't rely on fitness for the job, but checking a box?

It’s laughable….. especially when there is no checkbox for ‘has any relevant experience whatsoever’

 

in the case of the ftc, it’s a zero industry experience newly minted lawyer that wrote a ‘industry bad’ thesis but meets the core criteria of melanin and estrogen content. 
 

No idea who cashed in that favor, but it’s so obviously not about execution and excellence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...