Creators of South Park Sign New Deal For 6 More Seasons And 14 Movies

Brennan Huff

14 movies seems like a bit much. South Park is one of my all time favorite shows but I haven’t seen much of the last few seasons..

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3377128/the-creators-of-south-park-have-signed-on-for-6-more-seasons-and-14-yes-14-south-park-movies-for-a-sweet-dollar900-million-deal?fbclid=IwAR1EYhee8iJYiOuSYyKeZliV_KXIHnXkM3YjTqdmWEdbSa_cqiXWXZjZ3ms

Edited by Brennan Huff

19 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’m thinking the movies are going to be more like some of the “multi part” episodes like imaginationland. Maybe some spinoff type stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Brennan Huff changed the title to Creators of South Park Sign New Deal For 6 More Seasons And 14 Movies

I kinda had a lull in keeping up with new seasons, but what I have seen from the last 5-10 years is still on point. 

The newer seasons are only 10 episodes each, I believe I read they got a little burnt out doing 20+ per season.

Was also reading that they stay so fresh and topical because they sometimes go right up to the day of airing with production. That’s awesome and crazy at the same time!

Also nuts that SP broke out when I was in college, and now I laugh at it with my college aged nephews!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I kinda had a lull in keeping up with new seasons, but what I have seen from the last 5-10 years is still on point. 

The newer seasons are only 10 episodes each, I believe I read they got a little burnt out doing 20+ per season.

Was also reading that they stay so fresh and topical because they sometimes go right up to the day of airing with production. That’s awesome and crazy at the same time!

Also nuts that SP broke out when I was in college, and now I laugh at it with my college aged nephews!

I thought season 19 was one of the best seasons ever. Season 20 was kinda meh. Have caught a few here and there since. Yes something could happen on a Wednesday and the following week there’s an episode coming out about it, which their “competition” doesn’t have the ability to do

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Right around the time Lorde was hitting it big, I was with a bunch of my sister-in-laws watching some award show, and she comes on and starts singing.  One of the SIL asks "who is that?"  I go, "that's Randy Marsh."  Well, several of my nieces and nephews suddenly look at me, and I can tell they got the reference.  

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I remember one time they had a power outage so they were not able to get the episode done in time.  

EDIT: Found an article about it....

Matt And Trey Make History Blowing ‘South Park’ Deadline, Blame Power Outage

23 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’m thinking the movies are going to be more like some of the “multi part” episodes like imaginationland. Maybe some spinoff type stuff. 

It's definitely the multi-part episodes.  They've essentially been producing one movie a year over the last 5 or so years.  They might as well just make it one full 2 hour block and eliminate the commercials.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.