Jump to content

Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

 

 

“Can we go to football?”

”Great!  Thanks Sal!  I’ll give you a 20 when we’re done”

 

Beane says we’re at 80%.  No mention of pushing to get to 85%, if that’s going to be a thing.  He sounded relatively relaxed about it.

 

That would mean 18 players unvaccinated.  I wonder what the percentage would be on the likely 53-man roster.

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

“Can we go to football?”

”Great!  Thanks Sal!  I’ll give you a 20 when we’re done”

 

Beane says we’re at 80%.  No mention of pushing to get to 85%, if that’s going to be a thing.  He sounded relatively relaxed about it.

 

That would mean 18 players unvaccinated.  I wonder what the percentage would be on the likely 53-man roster.

There is no 85% threshold for normal activity as had been anticipated. Instead, it is just different protocols for vaxxed vs un-vaxxed. 

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Barely at 80%, are you kidding?  

Beane said they are just “above” 80%

 

 

 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no 85% threshold for normal activity as had been anticipated. Instead, it is just different protocols for vaxxed vs un-vaxxed. 

Beane said they are just “above” 80%

 

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

 

 

Unless he was misquoted, Beane specifically said that "just over 80%" of players have had their first shot so this isn't including staff.

 

He also said that all the staff had been full vaccinated with the exception of one person who was medically exempt from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

 

 

Vrabel was asked about it yesterday

 

 

  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love how they are handling the Beasely situation.

 

If Beasley refuses to comply with the protocols, I don’t see how McDermott can “respect that” and keep the rest of the locker room, but maybe that’s why McDermott is the Leader of Football Men.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

If Beasley refuses to comply with the protocols, I don’t see how McDermott can “respect that” and keep the rest of the locker room, but maybe that’s why McDermott is the Leader of Football Men.

As far as I know, this is not a choice McDermott gets to make.  He can respect Beasley’s beliefs all he wants, but the protocols are league mandated as are the consequences of not following them, for individuals and the team.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FLFan said:

As far as I know, this is not a choice McDermott gets to make.  He can respect Beasley’s beliefs all he wants, but the protocols are league mandated as are the consequences of not following them, for individuals and the team.  

 

N mind, I’ll drop this here.  I don’t want to stealth this into Yet Another Thread about the Beasen One

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

N mind, I’ll drop this here.  I don’t want to stealth this into Yet Another Thread about the Beasen One

Agree. Deleted my response.  Thanks.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I asked @john wawrow about that in the Poyer interview thread and one of us - @GunnerBill I believe - chimed in to point out that coaches on other teams keep bringing that number up, indicating it still seems to be a thing somewhere for some reason.

 

 

 

Yea Ryan Pace referred to it yesterday in his TC opening presser. I have heard front office / coaches from Tampa, Detroit, Chicago and Denver all refer to it. Still, I am encouraged that Beane has been so open. Will listen later. I said in that Poyer thread earlier my advice to the Bills at this point would be to start being more open with the media on where they stand because if they continue to just try and deflect they will only make the thing a bigger deal than it is. 

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs
  • Hapless Bills Fan unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...