Training Camp 7/28 media sessions - Beane, McDermott, Allen, Beasley, Diggs

58 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Because I'm in a downright jolly ***** mood:w00t: 

I mean after all the boys are back in town, how can we not all be ecstatic?! It also helps that nobody has pissed in my cereal yet today.

I for one love hearing every word that comes out of Beasley's mouth... But of course I would never want to silence somebodies freedom of speech. It's not like his actions are really are driving a wedge in the team, everybody has shown him support. The media will find a different wedge to try and drive regardless so piss on 'em.

Well, heck. Ya should have said something Sherlock! Who knew 😅

I, too, am thrilled that football is back and we can focus on the good stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I realize it’s very early in camp and I don’t want to jinx things, but I personally applaud the Bills PR team for how prepared Beane, McDermott and the players were to handle the tough questions on the covid stuff. Putting beasely up there took onions and I assume they coached him to use a prepared statement up front as a filibuster which was wise and, at least IMO, effective. Everyone came across professional and buttoned up, while also authentic and thoughtful. 

the statements in the jets coach who passed away and the gifting of carruci a bills jersey with his name on it in recognizing him in retirement was also very classy. If you pay attention to other TC media sessions around the league this week, this was by far the most organized and impressive at least that I saw 

just my two cents 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I realize it’s very early in camp and I don’t want to jinx things, but I personally applaud the Bills PR team for how prepared Beane, McDermott and the players were to handle the tough questions on the covid stuff. Putting beasely up there took onions and I assume they coached him to use a prepared statement up front as a filibuster which was wise and, at least IMO, effective. Everyone came across professional and buttoned up, while also authentic and thoughtful. 

the statements in the jets coach who passed away and the gifting of carruci a bills jersey with his name on it in recognizing him in retirement was also very classy. If you pay attention to other TC media sessions around the league this week, this was by far the most organized and impressive at least that I saw 

just my two cents 

The Bills have become a model organization from the top to bottom.  I'm not even mad at Beasley any more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Does Beasleys shirt say 'Tricky Dicky'?  Looks like it has him (#11) on it - I googled and didn't find any links to him 

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d rather Allen continue to sling it up and down the field again…. More carries for the RBs means less big plays for Josh Allen.👍🏻

Agree on the first part, but disagree with what I bolded.

More carries, and more importantly, more efficient/effective carries should put more defenders in the box allowing Allen even more deep opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Ryan Pace referred to it yesterday in his TC opening presser. I have heard front office / coaches from Tampa, Detroit, Chicago and Denver all refer to it. Still, I am encouraged that Beane has been so open. Will listen later. I said in that Poyer thread earlier my advice to the Bills at this point would be to start being more open with the media on where they stand because if they continue to just try and deflect they will only make the thing a bigger deal than it is. 

I agree, but the HIPPA laws restrict what medical info can be released, but as usual Beane is doing a fine job, considering this is like herding cats keeping all these rich guys in check, 😁👍

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I understand that Allen has a position of not talking about his vaccination status, but based on the fact that he's not wearing a mask in his PC and arrival video... I'm assuming/hoping he is.  I really, REALLY hope he got vaccinated.  

I hope so too.  And if he is, I've got to give him a ton of credit for keeping his mouth shut on the issue with the media, so as not to publicly pressure or alienate his teammates who are still up in the air about it.  

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I hope so too.  And if he is, I've got to give him a ton of credit for keeping his mouth shut on the issue with the media, so as not to publicly pressure or alienate his teammates who are still up in the air about it.  

There is no doubt in my mind that Allen was vaccinated.  Allen is not going to be the reason the team doesn't succeed. 

Beasley wearing a mask when the others were not, could be a smoke screen, but I believe the rules are pretty clear for the unvaccinated.  Mask it or get fined.  After listening to Beasley today, I'm leaning toward he did get vaccinated, so the mask is a smoke screen/top cover/solidarity for the unvaccinated players.  He comes out and says he is neither pro nor anti vaccine.  What he is, he says is pro choice.  I found it interesting that he said something along the lines that bubble players were being coerced into getting the vaccine so as not to give the team a reason to cut them.  He was trying to be their voice.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, wjag said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Allen was vaccinated.  Allen is not going to be the reason the team doesn't succeed. 

Beasley wearing a mask when the others were not, could be a smoke screen, but I believe the rules are pretty clear for the unvaccinated.  Mask it or get fined.  After listening to Beasley today, I'm leaning toward he did get vaccinated, so the mask is a smoke screen/top cover/solidarity for the unvaccinated players.  He comes out and says he is neither pro nor anti vaccine.  What he is, he says is pro choice.  I found it interesting that he said something along the lines that bubble players were being coerced into getting the vaccine so as not to give the team a reason to cut them.  He was trying to be their voice.

Feliciano seems to have a similar stance but has also already said he's been vaccinated, so maybe they have that in common.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I agree, but the HIPPA laws restrict what medical info can be released, but as usual Beane is doing a fine job, considering this is like herding cats keeping all these rich guys in check, 😁👍

Hasn't this HIPAA stuff been proven false 100 times by now? 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not sure how to properly dodge these Covid landmines without sending things off the rails despite it still being the most important NFL story out there, so will try to keep it short and general: 1.) I thought Cole explained himself nicely. The young player thing was a solid piece of info, I don't doubt that at all. 2.) Considering how strict the NFL has been about protocol, I do agree that Josh not wearing a mask means exactly what others think it does. If he was in the same lane as Cole, he'd need to wear mask as well. Nobody's going to let enforcement slip right now just because it's Josh Allen. Everything but football aside, this is a very good thing.

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Hasn't this HIPAA stuff been proven false 100 times by now? 

I don’t believe so…, but what do I know…