Allen and Diggs enter "Superstar" status/ Diggs the best route runner in the league per sources from NFL Network.

A cool read on Allen and Diggs entering superstar territory and then, down below, a clip where Baldy breaks down why Diggs is the best route man in the league. Just some fun summer football content!

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-superstar-club-josh-allen-breaks-in-big-ben-bumped

IN:

Josh Allen

Buffalo Bills

Allen's dynamo 2020 season had to be cathartic for Bills fans who believed in their young quarterback all along. There were plenty of whispers last summer -- people weren't even really speaking at a low volume, to be honest -- from those wondering if Allen was really the answer for Buffalo. Allen took a monster leap forward in his third season, and he probably would have been the first Bill to win league MVP since Thurman Thomas in 1991 had Aaron Rodgers not delivered his own masterpiece. My favorite Allen stat (via Pro Football Focus): He was sixth in the NFL with a 79.1 percent adjusted completion rate, a massive jump out of the bottom five of the league the previous year. In one offseason, Allen went from a hyper-athletic hoss with a scattershot arm to the complete package. They should probably keep this guy around.

IN:

Stefon Diggs

Buffalo Bills

Diggs was an absolute stud in his debut season with the Bills, smashing a host of franchise records and running wild through secondaries as Josh Allen's top target. Buffalo returns almost its entire offensive core in 2021, and Diggs will continue to gobble up targets in one of the league's most pass-heavy offenses under returning coordinator Brian Daboll. The only thing that could hold Diggs back from another huge year would be poor health. Along with Davante Adams, he's as safe a bet as there is at the position right now.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/baldy-breaks-down-his-top-3-route-runners-entering-2021

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

A cool read on Allen and then clip where Baldy breaks down why Diggs is the best route man in the league. Just some fun summer football content!

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-superstar-club-josh-allen-breaks-in-big-ben-bumped

IN:

Josh Allen

Buffalo Bills

Allen's dynamo 2020 season had to be cathartic for Bills fans who believed in their young quarterback all along. There were plenty of whispers last summer -- people weren't even really speaking at a low volume, to be honest -- from those wondering if Allen was really the answer for Buffalo. Allen took a monster leap forward in his third season, and he probably would have been the first Bill to win league MVP since Thurman Thomas in 1991 had Aaron Rodgers not delivered his own masterpiece. My favorite Allen stat (via Pro Football Focus): He was sixth in the NFL with a 79.1 percent adjusted completion rate, a massive jump out of the bottom five of the league the previous year. In one offseason, Allen went from a hyper-athletic hoss with a scattershot arm to the complete package. They should probably keep this guy around.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/baldy-breaks-down-his-top-3-route-runners-entering-2021

I love when writers/analysts admit when they’re wrong unlike the idiot Skip Baylesses of the world (the time when he got verbally massacred by Mark Cuban still remains one of the best ESPN moments of all time. I loathe that guy.) 

Anyway, us Bills fans knew we had a Superstar in the making by the 2nd half of Josh Allen’s rookie year. I’ll admit I didn’t think Diggs would hit the scene the way he did especially w/ no off-season. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

A cool read on Allen and then clip where Baldy breaks down why Diggs is the best route man in the league. Just some fun summer football content!

IN:

Josh Allen

Buffalo Bills

I love that he called him the complete package. Feels great to have a superstar at QB.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I love when writers/analysts admit when they’re wrong unlike the idiot Skip Baylesses of the world (the time when he got verbally massacred by Mark Cuban still remains one of the best ESPN moments of all time. I loathe that guy.) 

Anyway, us Bills fans knew we had a Superstar in the making by the 2nd half of Josh Allen’s rookie year. I’ll admit I didn’t think Diggs would hit the scene the way he did especially w/ no off-season. 

Ever since watching Diggs play with Bradford and Cousins throwing to him, my description of him was "covet".  As in "I covet him as a WR for my Bills". 

Last offseason was weird to me in that the two WR I most coveted (Hopkins and Diggs) both got traded

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Don't neglect to scroll down for this guy's assessment of superstar WR:

IN:

Stefon Diggs

Buffalo Bills

Diggs was an absolute stud in his debut season with the Bills, smashing a host of franchise records and running wild through secondaries as Josh Allen's top target. Buffalo returns almost its entire offensive core in 2021, and Diggs will continue to gobble up targets in one of the league's most pass-heavy offenses under returning coordinator Brian Daboll. The only thing that could hold Diggs back from another huge year would be poor health. Along with Davante Adams, he's as safe a bet as there is at the position right now.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't neglect to scroll down for this guy's assessment of superstar WR:

Crap. Thanks for catching that. I had actually read it and just forgot to mention he was involved in that article as well. I'll toss it into the OP.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

• Stank_Nasty changed the title to Allen and Diggs enter "Superstar" status/ Diggs the best route runner in the league per sources from NFL Network.
11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ever since watching Diggs play with Bradford and Cousins throwing to him, my description of him was "covet".  As in "I covet him as a WR for my Bills". 

Last offseason was weird to me in that the two WR I most coveted (Hopkins and Diggs) both got traded

If you asked me last year, I would’ve thought Hopkins would’ve been the better fit for Allen as a weapon. Although not that big, he plays like 6’5 receiver with a huge catch radius and I was not quite sure about Allen’s accuracy issues so a guy like that seemed a perfect fit. In the end we won. I still can’t believe the Texans gaffed that one up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If you asked me last year, I would’ve thought Hopkins would’ve been the better fit for Allen as a weapon. Although not that big, he plays like 6’5 receiver with a huge catch radius and I was not quite sure about Allen’s accuracy issues so a guy like that seemed a perfect fit. In the end we won. I still can’t believe the Texans gaffed that one up. 

Me too.  I thought Diggs was a very good WR but Hopkins was elite.  But now, the relationship that Allen and Diggs have...they are a perfect match.

They are like Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1