Fantasy Island to Reopen Under a Different Name

T&C

3 hours ago, T&C said:

I was under the impression that it was going to be developed but that's not the case, I'm glad... had a lot of fun at that place back in its heyday.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/new-fantasy-island-owner-plans-classic-vintage-theme-park/article_872f25c6-d5d1-11eb-99fb-277d7e9c98b7.html

The good news is that the new owner already runs successful, similar theme parks. I think that’s a real win for Western New York.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The good news is that the new owner already runs successful, similar theme parks. I think that’s a real win for Western New York.

It sure is. We used to go there and to Crystal Beach every summer back in the 60's- early 70's. Shame a bunch of #######s decided to go in and trash the place. One other bonus was getting to drive over the bridge twice. I rode the wild mouse there for the first time but I don't remember going on the big coaster.

• Like (+1) 1

My family did the Crystal Beach and Fantasy Island trip every summer...would sometimes get two trips to Fantasy Island, with my cousins too!  

My memories are all from the early to mid-late 70's.   Loved the gunfights...and the magic shop.  Recently, on Facebook, somebody posted something about a Tarzan attraction at Fantasy Island.  They claim it was there in the 60's and 70's.  Why do I have no recollection of this?  I would have loved a Tarzan show.  Does anyone else remember this?  From their description it was a "less gay Siegfried & Roy"... 

14 minutes ago, Buftex said:

My family did the Crystal Beach and Fantasy Island trip every summer...would sometimes get two trips to Fantasy Island, with my cousins too!  

My memories are all from the early to mid-late 70's.   Loved the gunfights...and the magic shop.  Recently, on Facebook, somebody posted something about a Tarzan attraction at Fantasy Island.  They claim it was there in the 60's and 70's.  Why do I have no recollection of this?  I would have loved a Tarzan show.  Does anyone else remember this?  From their description it was a "less gay Siegfried & Roy"... 

I don't remember that either but they had some sort of a western shootout show where a "gunman" would get shot and roll off of a roof. 

Those were good times for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

I seem to recall Tarzan Zerbinni did a circus oriented act with tigers there?  Never saw it in person but there's a vague memory of radio advertising of the act.

Wikipedia article mentions Jean 'Tarzan' Zerbini started there around 1965 with a trained lion act.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

I remember an animal show with a Chimpanzee but no one dressing up like Tarzan or some other jungle lord.

Tarzan Zerbini did an animal act for a long time there. Think it was lions. Knew the shootouts were fake since one of the "outlaws" lived 3 doors away from us.  Saw him shot and then we talked to him afterwards. I was maybe 5 or 6  and he was like 18 or 19. His son is good friends and still works with my brother.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.