DeSantis For President in 2024?

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

All you did was ask questions. A point wasn’t made to be right or wrong

I’m simply asking if you think the examples I listed are considered to be “banning books”?

My point is that, by your logic, you would have to say yes…

Why? Because the truth of the matter is that your logic paints you into a corner when you play out your rationale to its fullest logical conclusion…

We ALL know that a real book banning (or burning) as we saw in Nazi Germany (which I presume is what the Left is attempting to portray conservatives as, given their playbook) is when books are eradicated from an ENTIRE society and made illegal…But the books being restricted from schools are still allowed in society- just not to minors in public schools…

And this is nothing new.  Not allowing minors to view certain materials (deemed adult content) has been a concept that’s been around since the beginning of time…It’s like movies being rated “R”- restricted from minors…Would you consider rated “R” movies as “banning movies”? Of course not…That would be ridiculous…👍

This is why I asked you about those specific examples- because the same “book banning” claim can be made by the other political side of the aisle as well- using your logic…So, imo, you either have to believe BOTH sides are “banning books” or neither side is…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That’s the beauty of America- you can live in a particular community that shares your values…

If you prefer more traditional values to raise your families, you can move to places where those politicians are elected…

If you prefer a more progressive community, and support your kids being brainwashed into changing their gender, then there are several options where people vote for those types of politicians…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

When I read funny comments I try to picture what some of you look like. Most of you are still wearing skinny/slim fit.

So I'll put you down for fat jeans.

• Haha (+1) 1