Official: Cuomo declares next "public health crisis" - Gun Violence

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

A living wage job should solve this problem. We sent most unskilled jobs to Mexico and China to have cheap goods. Doing away with bail and no detention for minors who commit crime also a problem.

Ahhh so all the poor souls need is a job. A criminal is a criminal for many reasons but the biggest is likely they don’t want to work regardless of the pay and they love having control over others.  Kind of like when they asked one of Attica’s most famous “residents”, Willie Sutton, why he robs banks and his reply was “because that’s where the money is!”  

Now I have to ask you because you mentioned it and this is my new question. Define a living wage. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Now I have to ask you because you mentioned it and this is my new question. Define a living wage. 

The GM job I had paid well and good benefits went to Mexico. Each community has a different cost of living so a living wage will vary with location. Being able to pay the rent , food and necessities is the bare minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In America right now there are 400 million guns. In any given year 20k or less for illegal activity. That is a .05% rate of a problem at worst. So to end the shootings we need to look at what is the main commonality of the bad guys: they are almost all liberals.

Not true. Who commits the most suicides? Which demographic? 

Back to the thread..............

WHAT’S AN AUTOCRAT TO DO WHEN THE RABBLE STOP FEARING THE ‘RONA? 

Andrew Cuomo Seizes Emergency Powers to Fight Gun Violence ‘Public Health’ Emergency.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/07/06/breaking-andrew-cuomo-seizes-emergency-powers-to-fight-gun-violence-public-health-emergency-n1459811

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread (again)

Cuomo declares "gun violence disaster emergency" and blames lawful gun owners, cops

d55b3a86-a962-4a66-93b2-2cb9c6d08d37-450

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/07/07/cuomo-declares-gun-violence-disaster-emergency-and-blames-lawful-gun-owners-cops-n400797

A mass shooting with the potential to be as big as the one in Vegas was averted this weekend thanks to Illinois gun laws. There were hundreds and hundreds of people at the beach this weekend that this guy's hotel overlooked. The police were able to seize his guns and arrest him because he didn't possess the required Illinois gun owner card, thanks to a hotel employee spotting the high powered rifle perched in the window. 

The good guy with the gun follows the law. The bad guy with the gun does not. Which allows police to get the bad guys off the street.

Chicago police seize between 7,000-12,000 illegally owned guns per year. And with that illegal possession, comes the ability to get the gang member off the street. 

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/07/06/keegan-casteel-w-chicago-lakeshore-hotel-guest-weapons-charges-rifle-handgun-navy-pier/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Doing away with bail and no detention for minors who commit crime also a problem.

Unfortunately, "Restorative Justice" is making this impossible.

Another Obama disaster.  

Google that.  From our schools to legal system....disaster.  More good intentions that never work in practice.   

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unfortunately, "Restorative Justice" is making this impossible.

Google that.  From our schools to legal system....disaster.   More good intentions that never work in practice.   

The good news is that restorative justice is becoming used much more intelligently, at least here in Orange County. It a couple students get into a shoving match then RJ is used, if one attacks another viciously it is not used. Using it for actual criminals is dumb 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, Republicans. White, middle age men. 

💀

I looked this up and you are correct it is white middle age men are most likely. I am honestly shocked by this because I personally do not know a single person who fits that demographic who has committed suicide that I  know of but I know of too many teens. 

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

With prayer 

You do believe in the power of prayer, don’t you? 

I do not.  

So you have nothing other than trolling.  But we knew that.  

5 hours ago, ALF said:

The GM job I had paid well and good benefits went to Mexico. Each community has a different cost of living so a living wage will vary with location. Being able to pay the rent , food and necessities is the bare minimum. 

Ahhh so many variables. But let's look at what is typically the largest monthly expense (after taxes) which is rent.  Rent is a "fixed" cost.  But often that cost is shared by spouses, significant others and/or roommates.  So based on that a living wage for a married person, or someone with roommates or a significant other is likely going to be a lot less that a single person correct?  I've had a roommate since I was 20 and I'm now 60.  

Do you agree with a national living wage? 

Edited by Chef Jim

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I do not.  

So you have nothing other than trolling.  But we knew that.  

Ahhh so many variables. But let's look at what is typically the largest monthly expense (after taxes) which is rent.  Rent is a "fixed" cost.  But often that cost is shared by spouses, significant others and/or roommates.  So based on that a living wage for a married person, or someone with roommates or a significant other is likely going to be a lot less that a single person correct?

Do you agree with a national living wage? 

Then don't bother me anymore 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Then don't bother me anymore 

If being asked to clarify your position bothers you I suggest you play someplace else.  

So what regulations do you propose that will end the shootings? 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If being asked to clarify your position bothers you I suggest you play someplace else.  

So what regulations do you propose that will end the shootings? 

There you go again! 

Please, stop bothering me you idiot 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I looked this up and you are correct it is white middle age men are most likely. I am honestly shocked by this because I personally do not know a single person who fits that demographic who has committed suicide that I  know of but I know of too many teens. 

Ya, it's sad all around.