Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Deal!

17 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Are you serious with this? That would be like someone in 1920 ask why we should invest in the electric grid. All of modern society depends on the internet,  prolly 80% of the fortune 2000 runs it's  business almost completely  on the internet, research of all kinds from medical, to genetic, to industrial..all of it, financial transactions of all kinds...literally just about everything in the  developed world depends on reliable high speed connections to the internet.

The only thing i would ask for in this nill, that may be in there and i just do not know it..is money to bring chip manufacturing onshore. We are SO dependent on the internet and chips of all kinds, Taiwan has 65% of global chip production...that is the biggest threat out there right now to our way of life, much more so than climate.

Very Serious !

Sure maybe you need the internet for companies & for some of what you said but it is not a necessity for those looking to play video games, talk on twitter, tim tok , face book & all that crap .

Not every household in america needs it where is the money for that going to come from well beside the fact that the gov't just continually prints how ever much they need but it ultimately comes from you & i . 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Who do you think the gov't is going to look to to pay the money back to them that they are spending DUH YOU DA !

But hey that's okay you apparently got more money than sense that's pretty apparent ...

This sounds strangely like the Obamacare argument. Are you being crushed paying for that, like Conservatives argued you would be? 

Such dumb arguments from Conservatives 

Very Serious !

Sure maybe you need the internet for companies & for some of what you said but it is not a necessity for those looking to play video games, talk on twitter, tim tok , face book & all that crap .

Not every household in america needs it where is the money for that going to come from well beside the fact that the gov't just continually prints how ever much they need but it ultimately comes from you & i . 

could not disagree more. It is more important to our national prosperity and security than roads and bridges. Only next to the chip production issue

• Like (+1) 1

The Not Very Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill—Where’s the Money?

By Anony Mee

November 3, 2021

I thought I’d dig around a bit in “H.R. 3684—Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act,” the not very bipartisan infrastructure bill. Everyone’s talking about how the other bill for building back better will be funded, at the perhaps current price tag of $1.75 trillion. I haven’t seen much, though, about how this $1 trillion bill will affect the deficit.

At 2,740 pages, it’s a big bill, designed to “authorize funds for Federal-aid highways, highway safety programs, and transit programs, and for other purposes.” As far as I’ve been able to tell, only a little more than $381 billion will address highways and such like. That’s the amount to be appropriated out of the Highway Trust Fund to cover the provisions in this bill. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/the_not_very_bipartisan_infrastructure_billwheres_the_money.html

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

The Not Very Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill—Where’s the Money?

By Anony Mee

November 3, 2021

I thought I’d dig around a bit in “H.R. 3684—Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act,” the not very bipartisan infrastructure bill. Everyone’s talking about how the other bill for building back better will be funded, at the perhaps current price tag of $1.75 trillion. I haven’t seen much, though, about how this $1 trillion bill will affect the deficit.

At 2,740 pages, it’s a big bill, designed to “authorize funds for Federal-aid highways, highway safety programs, and transit programs, and for other purposes.” As far as I’ve been able to tell, only a little more than $381 billion will address highways and such like. That’s the amount to be appropriated out of the Highway Trust Fund to cover the provisions in this bill. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/the_not_very_bipartisan_infrastructure_billwheres_the_money.html

I thought the majority of this bill was funded by unused Rescue act funds? I could be wrong on that, but think that is why 19 GOP Senators agreed to it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought the majority of this bill was funded by unused Rescue act funds? I could be wrong on that, but think that is why 19 GOP Senators agreed to it?

I am not sure, the author does get more specific on the funding farther into the article.

Charles C. W. Cooke

@charlescwcooke

“Voters don’t know what’s in the bills, and what they think they know, they mostly don’t like.”

So . . . rush to pass them both on a party line vote? Bizarre.

We must pass the bill, then explain...................

FDRZiAuUYAE7Pg5?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Charles C. W. Cooke

@charlescwcooke

“Voters don’t know what’s in the bills, and what they think they know, they mostly don’t like.”

So . . . rush to pass them both on a party line vote? Bizarre.

We must pass the bill, then explain...................

FDRZiAuUYAE7Pg5?format=jpg&name=small

Stick to the narrative that the far-left is pure of heart and mind and all other Americans are evil.  Campaign on the contention you can insult and alienate everyone and tell them they all suck but now vote for me so we can re-educate and reform your behavior approach is definitely a winning strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This sounds strangely like the Obamacare argument. Are you being crushed paying for that, like Conservatives argued you would be? 

Such dumb arguments from Conservatives 

Have you looked at the deficit lately ? You were probably for getting rid of the gold standard too - JUST PRINT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AS FAST AS YOU CAN IT WILL ALL BE OKAY TRUST ME. Famous last words of a politician .

Man i'm glad your not in charge of my check book !!

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

could not disagree more. It is more important to our national prosperity and security than roads and bridges. Only next to the chip production issue

So here's a question what good does face book, twitter, tik tok, and playing video games actually do besides make a person more socially interactive & hugely more awkward when socially interacting with others face to face not to mention it takes any & all emotion out of the equation .

If the internet was used for schooling to the extent of doing research and such for a certain amount of time yes it can be a good tool but for Americans to spend so much time sitting on their asses and not getting out & doing physical activity is not a good thing America is one of the most obese countries in the world i'm thinking the internet might have something to do with that especially when it comes to the younger generation .

That also may have something to do with people not getting along because when i was a kid we use to play baseball, Basketball, hide and seek and we learned to interact and if you lost it was okay you just tried harder the next time & not just push a button to start over .

The only reason it is more important as you say than our roads and bridges is because every one will be sitting on their asses not doing anything but looking at their phones and nothing will ever get accomplished .

Like now no one wants to go back to work because the gov't continues to pay them (Cali) & then let's give them internet too that will help motivate them . Thumb reps are not exercise . Not to mention the dumbing down effect i can still remember phone numbers from when i was a kid but now can't remember any ones because it's all been taken over by the phone internet .

Maybe that's why they call it "Artificial Intelligence" just a thought .

So i guess we will just have to agree to disagree because in a society you need people willing to do more than sit on their ass and watch a screen of what ever sort and it's getting more to be that is the way of the day & the world . 

@T master, you see the internet and high speed connections only for home use...and individuals playing games and reading message boards

I see it as the electric grid in the 1900's. Nothing we have today works without electricity....nothing in society will work in 10 years without the internet...nothing. 

Tell ya what, name me one thing that works without the internet today

Countries that invest in that asset will have a competitive advantage both economically and strategically...

34 minutes ago, T master said:

So here's a question what good does face book, twitter, tik tok, and playing video games actually do besides make a person more socially interactive & hugely more awkward when socially interacting with others face to face not to mention it takes any & all emotion out of the equation .

If the internet was used for schooling to the extent of doing research and such for a certain amount of time yes it can be a good tool but for Americans to spend so much time sitting on their asses and not getting out & doing physical activity is not a good thing America is one of the most obese countries in the world i'm thinking the internet might have something to do with that especially when it comes to the younger generation .

That also may have something to do with people not getting along because when i was a kid we use to play baseball, Basketball, hide and seek and we learned to interact and if you lost it was okay you just tried harder the next time & not just push a button to start over .

The only reason it is more important as you say than our roads and bridges is because every one will be sitting on their asses not doing anything but looking at their phones and nothing will ever get accomplished .

Like now no one wants to go back to work because the gov't continues to pay them (Cali) & then let's give them internet too that will help motivate them . Thumb reps are not exercise . Not to mention the dumbing down effect i can still remember phone numbers from when i was a kid but now can't remember any ones because it's all been taken over by the phone internet .

Maybe that's why they call it "Artificial Intelligence" just a thought .

So i guess we will just have to agree to disagree because in a society you need people willing to do more than sit on their ass and watch a screen of what ever sort and it's getting more to be that is the way of the day & the world . 

If I get it right you're making the argument for what some refer to as "productive activity".  But why do anything productive which requires a time commitment to work when you can get foreigners to make everything for you and all you have to do is give them is paper IOU's in return for real stuff.  You can allocate all your time to leisure activities like playing video games, staring at your iPhone all day, or maybe sleeping in late.  And let the people in other countries get up at 5 AM and trudge into work.  How dumb are they?  Everybody wins, right? 

Corporations make bigger profits while off-shoring jobs Americans apparently don't want, foreigners get jobs that produce wages for themselves, and American citizens can sit around and commit themselves to full-time leisure activities.  And with nothing to do with all those dollars foreign central banks buy US treasuries to send all that "free" money back to America to fund more government spending.  Its a perfect system.  And we wonder why huge "caravans" of immigrants and asylum seekers are herding into the U.S.  They'd be crazy to stay at home and work when they can join the leisure class of America.   

Add to this the generous compensation for doing nothing package that U.S. Federal, State, and local governments have put together on top of all that and its a condition that can only be described as euphoria.  Even more free money and stuff for doing nothing productive. 

But what just might happen when all this free money that isn't "earned" by producing any additional goods and services in the economy get spent.  The amount of stuff you can buy doesn't grow.  So you're bidding for what is available.  So there might be shortages or price increases as buyers are willing to spend more of what they have, but don't earn, on what they want to buy.  I think that's called inflation. 

The fun part, which we haven't reached yet, is when those foreign suppliers that are so stupid they actually work at jobs to earn money to live on decide they don't want to send any more stuff to you either because they want it themselves or because they don't want or need any more IOU's from you because there's nothing they can redeem them for except financial assets or real estate that are already way-overpriced.  When there's nothing to buy with all that free leisure time bankrolled by the taxpayers what will we do?

If I had to guess I expect the fun part of it all is ending right about now and it will be obvious to all of us within the next 3 to 6 months. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Have you looked at the deficit lately ? You were probably for getting rid of the gold standard too - JUST PRINT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AS FAST AS YOU CAN IT WILL ALL BE OKAY TRUST ME. Famous last words of a politician .

Man i'm glad your not in charge of my check book !!

Jack Eichel traded 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@T master, you see the internet and high speed connections only for home use...and individuals playing games and reading message boards

I see it as the electric grid in the 1900's. Nothing we have today works without electricity....nothing in society will work in 10 years without the internet...nothing. 

Countries that invest in that asset will have a competitive advantage both economically and strategically...

I can't say that you are wrong because the internet is and can be a very useful tool when used correctly but anything in moderation is good it's when you over use it or come to depend on it for every day things it could be a detriment .

I for one can work with out it i don't have to be here typing these reply's to you i have things that i could be doing & use to other than sitting here doing what we are doing .

Here's a question IF (and i know this is a BIG if) by some chance a foreign adversary decides to send one of those electronic bomb type deals over the US and it fries every electrical system that isn't in a (i believe its a) Ferris cage what then will you be able to survive ? Just a hypothetical question or what if it just crashes for what ever reason then what ?

The world as we know it will go into total chaos for gods sake when we leave the house now with out our phones in our pockets people lose their minds me included & i hate it !!

But that being said on the other hand I can & I will be here on my little piece of property with my guns & bows and arrows along with my past knowledge and will go out & get my dinner and make it work come hell or high water and will also help those that are less knowledgeable if need be  !

These people & kids now a days along with maybe you and many others will be looking at those who tell you how & what is good for you and how to live to take care of you -  but not me .

I will have my info to read about from other things and while the world is in chaos i would be able to survive for quite a while while the rest of the world won't know how to go about life because that's all they know is todays world with all their entitlements such as internet and other free bees . 

But that's just me if people actually paid attention to the past (which some do) they could learn a lot from it but they forge ahead cancelling out the past only to make the same mistakes all over again .

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Went to a restaurant with the family and they didn't have menus; You had to scan a QR code on the table.

Three people didn't bring smart phones, including me. Both kids didn't either, making it 5 out of 7 at the table.

We had the other two tell us whats available. Went simple and got Pizzas and wings... (I wanted a burger, but didn't bother)

Also, the tweener got bored because he didn't have anything to focus on besides the food and us. His mom didn't let him bring his Nintendo DS. There is a definite gap there where adults can talk while the kids just stare at phones and don't interact.

It amazed me to see a table of teenagers not talking; just staring at phones while waiting for their food to arrive. Are they even friends?

Edited by unbillievable

28 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Went to a restaurant with the family and they didn't have menus; You had to scan a QR code on the table.

Three people didn't bring smart phones, including me. Both kids didn't either, making it 5 out of 7 at the table.

We had the other two tell us whats available. Went simple and got Pizzas and wings... (I wanted a burger, but didn't bother)

Also, the tweener got bored because he didn't have anything to focus on besides the food and us. His mom didn't let him bring his Nintendo DS. There is a definite gap there where adults can talk while the kids just stare at phones and don't interact.

It amazed me to see a table of teenagers not talking; just staring at phones while waiting for their food to arrive. Are they even friends?

At work we have a slogan to deal with distractions and focus.  BE HERE NOW.

23 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

here is my point. The restaurant almost certainly orders their food and all supplies over the internet. The suppliers accept the orders and schedule delivery using a program delivered over the internet. The farmers where the food comes from uses the internet to order all of their supplies and schedule delivery, get payment etc.

They always either do their books on some SaaS program like Quick Books, or their accountant does their books using a SaaS program like Quick Books. They input their employees time for paychecks over the internet. Their employees may get paid with a pay card funded over the internet. 

The internet is so much more than phones and personal use. Prolly 80% of commercial activity is now connected to the internet in one form or another, and will soon be 100%. Neglect at your peril....

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

here is my point. The restaurant almost certainly orders their food and all supplies over the internet. The suppliers accept the orders and schedule delivery using a program delivered over the internet. The farmers where the food comes from uses the internet to order all of their supplies and schedule delivery, get payment etc.

They always either do their books on some SaaS program like Quick Books, or their accountant does their books using a SaaS program like Quick Books. They input their employees time for paychecks over the internet. Their employees may get paid with a pay card funded over the internet. 

The internet is so much more than phones and personal use. Prolly 80% of commercial activity is now connected to the internet in one form or another, and will soon be 100%. Neglect at your peril....

Yeah, sure Plenz. Just try and use a “computer” to order a box of Cap’n Crunch.  Not gonna happen in our lifetime and it just means more delicious artificially-created-peanut-buttery goodness for me.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yeah, sure Plenz. Just try and use a “computer” to order a box of Cap’n Crunch.  Not gonna happen in our lifetime and it just means more delicious artificially-created-peanut-buttery goodness for me.  

Cap'n Crunch Breakfast Cereal, 20oz Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SGSF292/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_Z4GMJ2R2NDR8C87BBCYK

• Like (+1) 1