The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Maybe she should run on the Dem side. She might have a better shot over there. If Dems don't like Joe but want anyone but Trump then there's your answer 

not a chance.  she's extremely conservative and not in step with the D base on most crucial issues.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

not a chance.  she extremely conservative and not in step with the D base on most crucial issues.

I haven't really followed her at all to be honest but I thought she was considered more of a moderate. They try and pump her up as competition for Trump in the media but she never had a shot. The only time I've seen her is when Vivek is dismantling her in debates. What stances of hers would you be against?

• Like (+1) 1

The legacy media is not just overwhelmingly biased towards the left, they engage in outright propaganda, never correcting the record when their reporting is false.  They truly are the enemy of the people.

You have to be a useful idiot to be unable to observe this. It's out in the open and blatantly obvious but the leftists here can't see it. They never will be able to because the process of ideological subversion is complete with them. Once complete, it's irreversible.

Their sky is green and you can't tell them otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I haven't really followed her at all to be honest but I thought she was considered more of a moderate. They try and pump her up as competition for Trump in the media but she never had a shot. The only time I've seen her is when Vivek is dismantling her in debates. What stances of hers would you be against?

At the end of the day, its just more of the left trying to interfere with the election.

By hook or crook, the orange guy won't be an option. (in their minds)

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Abortion, censorship (book banning), theocracy, education, immigration (I think we need to expand resources for asylum seekers to get citizenship while quickly refusing unqualified immigrants), healthcare (for single payer), term limits, minimum wage, union support, supreme court justices (we need to even it out), Mandatory vaccination during a deadly pandemic, funding for the arts, taxes and loopholes for the rich, election reform in the way of limiting the influence of PACs and superPACs, aggressive prosecution of hate groups,  support for NATO, support for Ukraine etc

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Abortion, censorship (book banning), theocracy, education, immigration (I think we need to expand resources for asylum seekers to get citizenship while quickly refusing unqualified immigrants), healthcare (for single payer), term limits, minimum wage, union support, supreme court justices (we need to even it out), Mandatory vaccination during a deadly pandemic, funding for the arts, taxes and loopholes for the rich, election reform in the way of limiting the influence of PACs and superPACs, aggressive prosecution of hate groups,  support for NATO, support for Ukraine etc

Now do Trump 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Now do Trump 😂

He's slightly right of Haley but much less honorable and trustworthy.  same list.  I should add, more support of Palestine and insistence on a 2 state solution.  And how could I forget the environment!

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You mean that's all?

Back to our regularly schedule programming - the media.

Matt Yglesias (paywalled; h/t Marginal Revolution) hits the nail on the head on what's going on with media:

Conservatives find it annoying that American journalists are so left-wing. But in practice, this generates a much more complicated partisan landscape than you might think. The conservative audience is alienated by the values of mainstream journalism and spends a lot of time consuming propaganda news that is optimized for partisan purposes. The progressive audience finds mainstream journalism congenial enough that it’s hard to compete with, and yet, mainstream journalism produces a steady stream of negativity and ultra-specific focus on the idiosyncratic problems of young urban professionals.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

She's my choice.

In my fantasy world, Trump displays the guts to debate her.

She would destroy him and give us a real choice between an invalid and a rude punk whose ideas are not that bad, but has the unique ability to make reasonable people despise him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

journalism produces a steady stream of negativity and ultra-specific focus on the idiosyncratic problems of young urban professionals.

i don't think this is true.  i think it's more simple:  people like people similar to them in background and experience or who pretend to be, eg Tucker.  also people like people they admire.

• Like (+1) 1

Nikki Haley being funded by deep pocket leftist donors tells you all you need to know.  You can say it's just about putting up anyone but Trump for the GOP, but in the end she will owe those that helped (leftist commies) favors.

Anyone who gets in bed with commies for ANY reason SHOULD be a hard no.  It is for me at least.

30 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Nikki Haley being funded by deep pocket leftist donors tells you all you need to know.  You can say it's just about putting up anyone but Trump for the GOP, but in the end she will owe those that helped (leftist commies) favors.

Anyone who gets in bed with commies for ANY reason SHOULD be a hard no.  It is for me at least.

Don't agree.

I don't care who funds her campaign, as long as she keeps challenging Trump.

Nikki Haley gets conservative Congressional seats. Trump does not.

She is smart, accomplished and not a lightning rod for more chaos.

She would demolish Trump in debate, and would bring in a host of new, bright supporters to a gov that has been dysfunctional for years. 

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Don't agree.

I don't care who funds her campaign, as long as she keeps challenging Trump.

Nikki Haley gets conservative Congressional seats. Trump does not.

She is smart, accomplished and not a lightning rod for more chaos.

She would demolish Trump in debate, and would bring in a host of new, bright supporters to a gov that has been dysfunctional for years. 

I too wish that Trump wasn't going to be the GOP nominee.

But Nikki Haley is a Bush era neocon. She may bring congressional seats with her, but that means more RINOS. I'm out on that as well.

If Trump somehow wins he isn't getting sworn in as 47 anyway. So I agree, there will be your chaos.

We end up in the same place regardless.  With Trump it's just much faster. I say let's get the party started.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I too wish that Trump wasn't going to be the GOP nominee.

But Nikki Haley is a Bush era neocon. She may bring congressional seats with her, but that means more RINOS. I'm out on that as well.

I don't get what you are claiming here.

She would have little or no effect on candidates in Senate and House races.

What she does is not piss off 50% of domestics and a host of foreign nations who are quite sick of this crap.

We need a change. We need some kind of leadership that unites.

It sure as hell isn't this infirm we have in office, and I don't think it is Trump. 

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

I don't get what you are claiming here.

She would have little or no effect on candidates in Senate and House races.

What she does is not piss off 50% of domestics and a host of foreign nations who are quite sick of this crap.

We need a change. We need some kind of leadership that unites.

It sure as hell isn't this infirm we have in office, and I don't think it is Trump. 

I'm saying that we are well, well past the point of no return on uniting the country. I'm not uniting with DEI, trans-ing kids, wide open borders, inflation denying leftists.  Ever. No one is capable of bringing us back to the level of even 90's era partisan bickering, certainly not Nikki Haley.

Therefore I'm saying if it has to be Trump running again then let's burn this thing to the ground quickly so we can get to the other side of where this runaway train is taking us regardless.