The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

Now of course Rachel Maddow, like Tucker, hosts a news OPINION show and therefore should not be completely excoriated when those opinions turn out to be wrong.  As long as she owns the bad takes once they're proven wrong...which of course she never does.

Beyond that, these forcefully delivered opinions by Maddow that turned out to be complete misinformation were also peddled by supposedly straight news outlets as well.

What does it all add up to?

Enemy. Of. The. People.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Now of course Rachel Maddow, like Tucker, hosts a news OPINION show and therefore should not be completely excoriated when those opinions turn out to be wrong.  As long as she owns the bad takes once they're proven wrong...which of course she never does.

Beyond that, these forcefully delivered opinions by Maddow that turned out to be complete misinformation were also peddled by supposedly straight news outlets as well.

What does it all add up to?

Enemy. Of. The. People.

Madcow's still around?

• Agree 2

On 1/22/2024 at 7:53 AM, BillsFanNC said:

And when one was unmasked a few months back he was identified from his social media as a dem activist.

With the goal of working for the FBI.

the fact there is NO reporting on their identities kind of proves it. everyone else the left disagrees with, they dox.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Is there a “white people are the worst” thread? This probably belongs in there. So menacing!!

they probably didn't have enough money to buy each a ticket and were trying to run the turnstile.  spent it all on that silly uniform, opiates and meth.......

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

If the media wanted to regain trust they would fire anyone who offers opinions or entertainment. We just want the news with no bias attached. They know what they are doing and now they must face the consequences 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

fired because fox got sued and lost 100's of millions

Would like to see all "opinion" based people in mainstream media fired as well. It's the news not a soap opera. If you want to be entertained watch whatever weird low testosterone liberal stuff that's out there on YouTube

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Would like to see all "opinion" based people in mainstream media fired as well. It's the news not a soap opera. If you want to be entertained watch whatever weird low testosterone liberal stuff that's out there on YouTube

then don't watch Fox.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I don't. The vast majority of media has a liberal bias. I don't want ANY bias.

That's stupid. No matter what you do someone will claim bias. How long have you been human? 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

not gonna happen.  it's all about money.  on both sides.

It's not though that's the weird part. Ratings are in the toilet because nobody trusts the news. Tucker Carlson gets way more views online than he ever did on Fox. His type of content belongs online as it's very 1 sided.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That's stupid. No matter what you do someone will claim bias. How long have you been human? 

No, things have definitely changed in the past decade. I'm not for either party and I can't even watch the news because of how biased it is on either side. No reliable sources out there anymore

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's not though that's the weird part. Ratings are in the toilet because nobody trusts the news. Tucker Carlson gets way more views online than he ever did on Fox. His type of content belongs online as it's very 1 sided.

I believe Fox is still #1.  I suspect it's from many people who share the little brain syndrome so many on the board here have.  Personally, I like reading and watching multiple sources including international sources.  Traveling also opens ones eyes to very different thinking internationally.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No, things have definitely changed in the past decade. I'm not for either party and I can't even watch the news because of how biased it is on either side. No reliable sources out there anymore

The media, educated people. So sure, do educated, enlightened people see the world differently than uneducated or close minded people? Of course not. 

But we have twitter and other social media that helps spread alternate news, and checks the media to make them stay on course, 

I'm not a big fan of the media either, but it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I believe Fox is still #1.  I suspect it's from many people who share the little brain syndrome so many on the board here have.  Personally, I like reading and watching multiple sources including international sources.  Traveling also opens ones eyes to very different thinking internationally.

I'd like to be able to turn on the news and see what's going on in the world without whatever opinion talk show being on. Maybe I need to find some good international channels. But I'd still like to see what's going on in this country as well.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

do some research before you trigger post idiot.  a voter could change his party affiliation until Oct 6th.  R's and undeclared could vote in the R primary.  Those "D"'s need to change party affiliation before Oct 6 and therefore were no longer D's

"Can I vote in a primary if I am an undeclared voter?

Yes. An undeclared voter may vote in a state primary or a presidential primary. You will be required to choose either a Democratic or Republican ballot when you go to vote.  The last day a registered voter can change their party affiliation before the 2024 Presidential Primary is October 6, 2023. The last day a registered voter can change their party affiliation before the 2024 State Primary is June 4, 2024.  Supervisors are required to meet on that day at least between 7:00 - 7:30 p.m. to accept party changes."

from the NH sec of state

btw, trump lied about this in his speech as well.  that's probably where thick tommy got it.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1