The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

The New York Times continues it's downward slide:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/06/business/taylor-swift-new-york-times/index.html

Don't really care about Taylor Swift, and I don't care about her romantic preferences (unless under some very unlikely circumstance she happened to prefer me) but this is absolute trash. It's not news, it's not reporting, it's not journalism. It's not fit to print.

It's a shameless "opinion" piece wherein some piece of ***** spews speculative nonsense about someone's personal life.

The Times should be ashamed, but you know they are not.

• Like (+1) 1

Biden recalls attending funerals of cops killed on Jan 6 – crickets from ‘fact checkers’

by Chris Donaldson

President Joe Biden delivered his big speech to mark the third anniversary of the January 6, 2021 chaos at the Capitol and as the teller of tall tales is prone to do, he embellished a key detail. On Friday, the octogenarian demagogue uncorked his ugly rant for a small crowd near historic Valley Forge, PA, a location chosen for its Revolutionary War connection at a time when his regime is persecuting GOP frontrunner Donald J. Trump and his supporters like England’s King George once did to American patriots.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/01/07/biden-recalls-attending-funerals-of-cops-killed-on-jan-6-crickets-from-fact-checkers-1425574/

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Only trust dear leader. 

You fascist are sh it 

You seem especially triggered this morning. Is there one thing in particular that set you off or is it just more TRUMP? You must be exhausted from railing for years on end. Stay strong!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

You seem especially triggered this morning. Is there one thing in particular that set you off or is it just more TRUMP? You must be exhausted from railing for years on end. Stay strong!

Glad you are cool with a guy who wants to destroy our form of government. 

Will you be at the jail to celebrate the release of the criminals Trump will pardon for Jan 6? 

• Vomit 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Will you be at the jail to celebrate the release of the criminals Trump will pardon for Jan 6? 

All you had to do was say TRUMP. Hang in there! 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Destroy it?  How? (this should be good)

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Destroy it?  How? (this should be good)

Easy, just totally screw up election system, like he attempted to do already. 

All our laws flow from the power of the people voting. No voting, no laws to constrain rulers. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Easy, just totally screw up election system, like he attempted to do already. 

All our laws flow from the power of the people voting. No voting, no laws to constrain rulers.

By delaying mail-in voting?  LOL!  Good one. 

#JOURNALISM:

When did it become okay for the Wall Street Journal to accuse Elon Musk of using LSD and cocaine without evidence?

On Saturday, apparently.

On Saturday night, The Wall Street Journal stunningly alleged that Elon Musk:

has used LSD, cocaine, ecstasy and psychedelic mushrooms, often at private parties around the world… In 2018, for example, he took multiple tabs of acid at a party he hosted in Los Angeles.

These accusations are deeply serious. People caught with even small amounts of cocaine or LSD can face felony charges. And Musk is not merely the world’s wealthiest person, he’s its most powerful private citizen, thanks to his control of X and the Starlink satellite network.

I read the article with interest, wondering what sources the Journal had relied on to learn Musk “often” used controlled substances. Had someone gone on the record? Had its reporters found a sworn statement, like a deposition from someone who’d provided Musk with drugs? Perhaps they’d seen photos?

2,500 words later, I had my answer on the Journal’s sources: None.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/when-did-it-become-okay-for-the-wall?

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

#JOURNALISM:

When did it become okay for the Wall Street Journal to accuse Elon Musk of using LSD and cocaine without evidence?

On Saturday, apparently.

On Saturday night, The Wall Street Journal stunningly alleged that Elon Musk:

has used LSD, cocaine, ecstasy and psychedelic mushrooms, often at private parties around the world… In 2018, for example, he took multiple tabs of acid at a party he hosted in Los Angeles.

These accusations are deeply serious. People caught with even small amounts of cocaine or LSD can face felony charges. And Musk is not merely the world’s wealthiest person, he’s its most powerful private citizen, thanks to his control of X and the Starlink satellite network.

I read the article with interest, wondering what sources the Journal had relied on to learn Musk “often” used controlled substances. Had someone gone on the record? Had its reporters found a sworn statement, like a deposition from someone who’d provided Musk with drugs? Perhaps they’d seen photos?

2,500 words later, I had my answer on the Journal’s sources: None.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/when-did-it-become-okay-for-the-wall?

I read the WSJ story. They use normal rigorous journalistic standards, requiring corroboration and an editor's approval. They'd be sued if they didn't. No one's suing.

I also read Musk's reply.

First of all, I don't care if he's used illegal substances.

But he does hold government contracts and associated security clearances, so at least in theory Uncle Sam is supposed to care.

Musk's response:

- I've been drug tested for three years and haven't failed

But do drug screens test for ketamine for recreational use (he's prescribed it, so he'd test positive anyway)? For LSD? No. For shrooms? No. I don't even believe the latter two can be tested for.

In other words, no "I have not used LSD, shrooms, or ketamine (for recreational use) since my college days" denial.

Read between the lines. An admission.

• Haha (+1) 1

Absolutely brilliant by Vivek.

Turns the tables on the media showing that to this very day they are unwilling to admit that they reported major stories wrong.

The media is not to be trusted on ANYTHING. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Vivek has been on fire recently..

- Russia collusion

- The Hunter Biden laptop story

- Charlottesville

- Bubba Wallace

- Jussie Smollett

- Covington Catholic Kids

- Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot

- COVID Lab leak was a “conspiracy theory”

- Steele dossier

- Don’t Say Gay was in the bill

- Migrant “kids In cages”

- GA election integrity was the new “Jim crow”

- Duke lacrosse kids

- Zelensky is a paragon of democracy

- Jan 6

- “Peaceful” BLM riots

- Ivermectin is a horse dewormer

- Trump used teargas to clear a crowd for a bible photo  

The MSM spits in the face of *the people* every single day with ad nauseam and flagrant lies. And you think the 2024 election is any different? Open your eyes & see the trap they’re walking us into right now.

• Like (+1) 2