Critical Race Theory

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

And inter-racial marriage.  Is there a logical explanation why an oppressor and an oppressed would want to engage in the act of marriage?  For CRT to pass the "true" theory test these arrangements could not exist.  But they do and they go unexplained. 

If I was to debate or challenge the theory with some believer I might start here along with requesting an explanation of how Asians, Native Americans, Hispanics, Native Africans, Middle Easterners, Pacific Islanders, and others fit into the theory.  And why they are omitted.  My guess is including them would paint a completely different picture of the current reality and invalidate the subjective conclusions and beliefs of the authors.  

You could win a Nobel Price for finding a UNIVERSAL RACISM THEORY that explains it all. You'd have a statue next to George Floyd.

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you being philosophical or just stupid? Either you have oppressed people or not, whatever your ancestors did you cant fix so how you just fix your own screw ups.

We finally started doing our family tree the other day. Some good, some not so good. My ancestors were mostly Jews and were clock/watch makers. If you knew my family you’d laugh at that. Of course they did!!!!

My gf’s was the Governor of Hartford and purchased/stole land from the Indians which is now Guilford, Ct. We have that transaction in writing. Not a great deal for that tribe. That guy and his wife gave birth to the FIRST white son in the New Haven/Guilford area. We aren’t sure yet if they owned slaves after that. His name was William Leete. He basically ran and owned the entire coast of Ct. They were attacked by the Brits in the Revolutionary war but their militia fought them off. That area is now called Leete’s Island. Her grandparents always joked about ancestors coming over on the Mayflower. I guess they weren’t kidding!

Another descendant was in the 39th infantry from NJ and was there when Robert E. Lee’s army surrendered 

Pretty interesting stuff.  

Edited by Governor

9 minutes ago, Governor said:

We finally started doing our family tree the other day. Some good, some not so good. My ancestors were mostly Jews. My gf’s was the Governor of Hartford and purchased/stole land from the Indians which is now Guillford, Ct. Another descendant was in the 39th infantry from NJ and was there when Robert E. Lee’s army surrendered 

Pretty interesting stuff.  

What made your ancestors good?

On 6/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, BillStime said:

CRT puts down white people, making them believe they all have white guilt, are all responsible for racism, that all white people are racist 

That this is a country founded by inherent racists and that you can't see it because you have white privilege

It's all about division

On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 AM, Tiberius said:

Thats a big reason Trumpers hate this. It’s NOT divisive! So they try and make it so. 

CRT is not that divisive.  How many times do we have to explain that's not our concern.  Religion in it's purest form isn't divisive either however many don't want it pushed in schools.  Why is that?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

SOMETIMES THE LEFT HAND DOESN’T KNOW WHAT THE FAR LEFT HAND IS DOING

McAuliffe Calls Critical Race Theory a ‘Right-Wing Conspiracy.’ His Union Ally Says It’s Needed to ‘Teach the Truth.’

https://freebeacon.com/elections/mcauliffe-calls-critical-race-theory-a-right-wing-conspiracy-his-union-ally-says-its-needed-to-teach-the-truth/

THAT WOULD BE NICE: Stop Gaslighting Parents on Critical Race Theory.

Some pundits claim that CRT is exclusively a school of thought taught in legal academia. On her MSNBC show, Joy Reid claimed that “law school is really the only place it is taught. NBC has looked into everywhere.” Former Lincoln Project co-founder George Conway tweeted: “I don’t think critical legal studies should be taught in elementary schools, and I am ready to die on that hill[.]”

Some journalists, informed by other “experts,” contend that CRT is synonymous with “talking about racism.” NPR defined CRT as “teaching about the effects of racism”; the New York Times called it “classroom discussion of race, racism.” NBC News labeled it the “academic study of racism’s pervasive impact.”

These definitions are, of course, mutually exclusive. But they both serve to paint parents into a corner. If CRT is defined just as talking about racism, then parental objections to it must be rooted in racism. If CRT is defined just as a thesis discussed in law schools, then parental objections to it must be rooted in ignorance.

Heads, I win. Tails, you lose.

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2021/06/28/stop_gaslighting_parents_on_critical_race_theory_783202.html

• Like (+1) 1

KEEP THEM RUNNING: 

One Big Shift Shows That Conservatives Have CRT Proponents on the Run.

Critical Race Theory, like most woke politics, is believed only by a small, angry, neurotic minority.

They implement their agenda by bullying and subterfuge.

Sunlight is the disinfectant.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/29/one-big-shift-shows-that-conservatives-have-crt-proponents-on-the-run-n404404