Covid vaccination policy for NFL players and staff

WhoTom

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about "everyone"

I know for a fact that the public health advice to continue to wear a mask after getting vaccinated is (one of) the sticking points for at least one Buffalo Bills player.

Why would it be a sticking point?

[edited to remove generalized, non football discussion]

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That seems vindictive.

It's not required for the players at this point, so how can the NFL or the team penalize them for not doing something that's not required?

It is not required due to resistance of union.  They also resist OTAs, penalties for players deliberatrly injuring other players and safety equipment.

Do not think teams should pay for players who do not at least make effort.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is not required due to resistance of union.  They also resist OTAs, penalties for players deliberatrly injuring other players and safety equipment.

Do not think teams should pay for players who do not at least make effort.

Doesn't matter why, the point is, it's not required. 

You're suggesting the teams should penalize players for something that's not required.  I don't think the NFLPA would go for penalizing players who don't show up for "voluntary" OTAs or who don't wear "optional" safety equipment either.  

It's either a job requirement or it's not, and if it's not, the NFL shouldn't be able to penalize players for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe a good incentive would be that you don't need to wear masks on the sideline if you are vaccinated. It is outside, although you are within 6 feet of people. And selfishly, it drives me crazy seeing people who can't properly wear a mask. I know it is the OCD in me, so forgive me!

• Like (+1) 2