Georgia election laws and MLB

1 hour ago, Melon said:

The context makes it racist. The fact you cannot see that context, that you cannot see the systemic racism that brought this bill to the floor in the first place, is unfortunate. 

It's been explained to you ad nauseum.

All the people screaming from the mountain tops that witnessed the bill being signed to the detriment of the Georgian impovered are not witnesses?

Context makes it racist?  Go on.......

What has been explained to me is "we think"  "we feel".  Fine.  Your feels and thinks prove nothing.  

Impoverished = racist?

Now if you want to have a discussion why you feel poor = POC I'm all ears.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Just stop with your false piety.  Some people have found their political voices and are using them, and you’re butt hurt about it because they’re not the voices you favor.  I am not a fan of this kind of stuff but at least I have the decency to say I disagree regardless of which side it comes from.  

It is obvious who has their head stuck in the sand.  Pull yours out. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself honestly if the side you favor were doing this, as they have, you wouldn’t be all in.

Do you agree with how people that have "found their political voice" are doxing people?  I know people that are afraid to voice their opinion for fear they may lose their livelihood.  If you don't feel this has been a tactic of the left more so than a tactic of the right I can't help you other than to tell you you've got some sand on your chin. 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Do you agree with how people that have "found their political voice" are doxing people?  I know people that are afraid to voice their opinion for fear they may lose their livelihood.  If you don't feel this has been a tactic of the left more so than a tactic of the right I can't help you other than to tell you you've got some sand on your chin. 

People should not lose their livelihood because they voice an opinion.  What you call cancel culture are other people voicing their opinion.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

People should not lose their livelihood because they voice an opinion.  What you call cancel culture are other people voicing their opinion.

These two sentences do not make sense together.  

I think you need to understand what cancel culture is because you obviously don't know.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not really. Cancel culture is the response to people voicing their opinion.  If that opinion is not in line with the extremely vocal minority, a coordinated attack will occur on them and their livelihood. Look at what happened to Stephen King when he commented about how he views matters of art. There was a full on assault.  Or, if they offer no opinion at all, like Home Depot, they are boycotted.  

16 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Not really. Cancel culture is the response to people voicing their opinion.  If that opinion is not in line with the extremely vocal minority, a coordinated attack will occur on them and their livelihood. Look at what happened to Stephen King when he commented about how he views matters of art. There was a full on assault.  Or, if they offer no opinion at all, like Home Depot, they are boycotted.  

You can't win sometimes.  You offer no opinion you're attacked.  Remember silence is violence?  You offer the wrong opinion you're attacked.  

57 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Except for the fact that "cancel" culture comes along with riots and violence. If I don't like baseballs stance I simply stop watching, if a cancel warrior dislikes a stance they physically harm those that disagree. I have a whole summer of riots to prove my point.

53 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

The last line is how fascism works- you either fully agree with me or I will destroy you. Soon the home depot's will close in the cities and then they will be racist for making business decisions.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Except for the fact that "cancel" culture comes along with riots and violence. If I don't like baseballs stance I simply stop watching, if a cancel warrior dislikes a stance they physically harm those that disagree. I have a whole summer of riots to prove my point.

Dude I'm not even talking about violence.  Better bake a cake for everyone or you're out on your ass.  BTW I would love to see how some of these Woke Supremacists would react if someone wanted a cake for the local White Supremacist rally.   BTW if they said no and told them to get the ***** out I'd back them 100%.  

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The last line is how fascism works- you either fully agree with me or I will destroy you. Soon the home depot's will close in the cities and then they will be racist for making business decisions.

And I will rebut with several  things:

1.  January 6th people in the other side of the equation tried not just to “cancel culture “(as some of you would put it) but cancel the Democratic process.  Each side does this kind of political crap trying to influence corporations as I have already listed.

2.  I have said repeatedly that protests are good but violence cannot be tolerated.  So has the current President.

3.  Home Depot can make its decision then the market will act.  If they come out in favor of voting rights in general they’ll win some customers and lose others.  And if they come out in favor of the change in law, same thing will happen.  The idea that a large company like Home Depot will fall over this is a wild guess.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

And those in agreement with a Home Depot or a Steven King rally to their cause.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

3.  Home Depot can make its decision then the market will act.  If they come out in favor of voting rights in general they’ll win some customers and lose others.  And if they come out in favor of the change in law, same thing will happen.  

You neglected to address the point that we have been making.

What if Home Depot, doesn't want to come out on EITHER side ?

They are being forced to give an opinion when it is not really the job of a store to help decide public policy.

If they want to fine..............your reply works...............but you keep failing to answer the other.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

They are being forced to give an opinion when it is not really the job of a store to help decide public policy.

If they want to fine..............your reply works...............but you keep failing to answer the other.

Silence is violence......something something.  

• Agree 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Yeah, they’re being pressured.  They have to respond.  As I said earlier, I don’t like these kind of tactics.  But I suspect this is why Home Depot has their PR staff and such.  Arthur Blank does not strike me as an idiot.  I am sure they will come up with a statement that is supportive in some way without selling the farm away from folks like you.  All I’m saying is that you are being disingrnuous when you suggest this is any different than when Republicans push corporations to bend to their will.  And no, it does not matter who makes the initial policy statement.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Silence is violence......something something.  

See my response.  You just don’t like it because it works against your side.  Get vaccinated.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yeah, they’re being pressured.  They have to respond.  As I said earlier, I don’t like these kind of tactics.  But I suspect this is why Home Depot has their PR staff and such.  Arthur Blank does not strike me as an idiot.  I am sure they will come up with a statement that is supportive in some way without selling the farm away from folks like you.  All I’m saying is that you are being disingrnuous when you suggest this is any different than when Republicans push corporations to bend to their will.  And no, it does not matter who makes the initial policy statement.

Why do they have to respond?  What on earth does voting laws have to do with nuts, bolts and lumber?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

See my response.  You just don’t like it because it works against your side.  Get vaccinated.

See my response above.  

Why should I get vaccinated?  

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why do they have to respond?  What on earth does voting laws have to do with nuts, bolts and lumber?

See my response above.  

Why should I get vaccinated?  

So you don’t die or get a long term illness.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And they don’t have to respond.  You’re absolutely right.  It’s their decision.  And if they are boycotted by some folks, that will be their decision.  And if those who don’t like the boycott go on to buy more at Home Depot vs. Lowe’s that will be their decision. And if some still refuse to watch a football game because some guys kneel, that is their  decision.  And if some nut case conservatives want to shut down Disney World because they actually welcome gays, that is their decision.  And if gays then flock to Disney World one weekend a year when they are particularly welcomed, that is their decision.  And so on.  And so on.  And so on.

You see, freedom is kind of a complex thing.  

Edited by oldmanfan

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My immediate first thought when I read the article. Nobody is going to boycott Home Depot... its just throwing another thing out there to see if it will stick. Makes these people look desperate really.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

My immediate first thought when I read the article. Nobody is going to boycott Home Depot... its just throwing another thing out there to see if it will stick. Makes these people look desperate really.

Seems quite possible

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And they don’t have to respond.  You’re absolutely right.  It’s their decision.  And if they are boycotted by some folks, that will be their decision.  And if those who don’t like the boycott go on to buy more at Home Depot vs. Lowe’s that will be their decision. And if some still refuse to watch a football game because some guys kneel, that is their  decision.  And if some nut case conservatives want to shut down Disney World because they actually welcome gays, that is their decision.  And if gays then flock to Disney World one weekend a year when they are particularly welcomed, that is their decision.  And so on.  And so on.  And so on.

You see, freedom is kind of a complex thing.  

Thanks for your concern but I'm going to die eventually.  And I'll likely survive the virus.  

I'm not sure if you were quoting me but I'll address it.  So if a company does not respond and people boycott them without even knowing their stance on the subject?  You don't see the absurdity of that?  

Freedom is not complex at all.  People, for some reason, make it such. 

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

I didn't read it at all. I'm referring to the whole "Silence if Violence" movement.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I didn't read it at all. I'm referring to the whole "Silence if Violence" movement. 

If you scroll up a bit I posted the article...

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Thanks for your concern but I'm going to die eventually.  And I'll likely survive the virus.  

I'm not sure if you were quoting me but I'll address it.  So if a company does not respond and people boycott them without even knowing their stance on the subject?  You don't see the absurdity of that?  

Freedom is not complex at all.  People, for some reason, make it such. 

Sure it’s absurd.  I have already said I disagree with the tactic.  You continue to ignore my point:  it works the same the other way.  When Conservatives want to try and force say the NFL of a corporation like Disney into following their beliefs by boycotting it’s the same damn thing.  Yet we get crickets about that.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Sure it’s absurd.  I have already said I disagree with the tactic.  You continue to ignore my point:  it works the same the other way.  When Conservatives want to try and force say the NFL of a corporation like Disney into following their beliefs by boycotting it’s the same damn thing.  Yet we get crickets about that.

One more time. Boycotting a company for a stance they've taken is one thing. But to boycott a company, or dox a public person, for not taking a stance is another.  I suggest you figure our my point too.