Georgia election laws and MLB

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is no difference.  You want to see one to justify your right wing views.   Corporations are pressured to go along with the political aspirations either way.  Liberals are pressuring Home depot to take their side.  Conservatives pressured the NFL and Disney to take their side.  And so on.

Yes both sides do this.  But let me ask you who does it more often with more force?  The whole woke cancel culture?  Is that left or right? 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Did he say he didn't have a problem with that or is that just the voices in your head?

Punishing or forcing private companies to choose a side in a political debate (left or right) is childish and reeks of strong arming.  

Maybe.  But that happens to bea part of political protests in this country, and has been forever.  and sometimes necessary.  Here in Indiana a few years ago when Pence tried to force through his anti-gay legislation, Eli Lilly (arguably the biggest corporate presence in the state) was pressured and they understood it would result in them not being able to hire the best and brightest.  And they brought pressure on Pence.  Voila, the law was dumped.  

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

In your examples a position was taken by a corporation, true? In the Home Depot case no position was taken at all. also true?

Yes.  So what?

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Yes both sides do this.  But let me ask you who does it more often with more force?  The whole woke cancel culture?  Is that left or right? 

Oh stop with this woke culture nonsense and that one side does it with more force.  That's all crap.  Both sides of the aisle do this.  Some are more public and some are more behind the scenes.  The Republicans don't twist corporations arms to get donations and such?  Democrats as well?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Maybe.  But that happens to bea part of political protests in this country, and has been forever.  and sometimes necessary.  Here in Indiana a few years ago when Pence tried to force through his anti-gay legislation, Eli Lilly (arguably the biggest corporate presence in the state) was pressured and they understood it would result in them not being able to hire the best and brightest.  And they brought pressure on Pence.  Voila, the law was dumped.  

Mmmmmhmmm. And Eli Lilly came to this conclusion on their own and not forced into it by anyone threatening them with their livelihood.  

Voila @oldmanfan gets it!  ;) 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  So what?

So boycotting a corporation that has taken no position on the matter makes no sense. Why must a corporation be targeted for being neutral? Is it now "you're either for us or against us" ?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Mmmmmhmmm. And Eli Lilly came to this conclusion on their own and not forced into it by anyone threatening them with their livelihood.  

Voila @oldmanfan gets it!  ;) 

No. people here got up in arms and also pressured Lilly.  Your pretend victimhood is amusing.

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

So boycotting a corporation that has taken no position on the matter makes no sense. Why must a corporation be targeted for being neutral? Is it now "you're either for us or against us" ?

I don't necessarily agree with the tactic.  I am saying that for you to cry crocodile tears about people exerting political pressure as if it the sole province of liberals is silly.

No. people here got up in arms and also pressured Lilly.  Your pretend victimhood is amusing.

I don't necessarily agree with the tactic.  I am saying that for you to cry crocodile tears about people exerting political pressure as if it the sole province of liberals is silly.

I am not doing that at all, simply pointing out the differences in boycotting a company that has made a position known versus one that has taken no position either way. Had Home Depot claimed a side then it would seem obvious that the opposition would exert pressure on them, but to make no claim either way  and still be targeted by any political side  (left or right] makes no sense to me.

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

I am not doing that at all, simply pointing out the differences in boycotting a company that has made a position known versus one that has taken no position either way. Had Home Depot claimed a side then it would seem obvious that the opposition would exert pressure on them, but to make no claim either way  and still be targeted by any political side  (left or right] makes no sense to me.

While I decry these tactics by each side this certainly makes sense from a political movement perspective.  You put pressure on the company, they put pressure on legislators, laws then get written the way you want.  It’s only been since, like the 1780’s that this has gone on. 

Which is one reason I think campaigns should have only restricted public funding.

While I decry these tactics by each side this certainly makes sense from a political movement perspective.  You put pressure on the company, they put pressure on legislators, laws then get written the way you want.  It’s only been since, like the 1780’s that this has gone on. 

Which is one reason I think campaigns should have only restricted public funding.

And I would stand with you in decrying these tactics by either side.

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Oh stop with this woke culture nonsense and that one side does it with more force.  That's all crap.  Both sides of the aisle do this.  Some are more public and some are more behind the scenes.  The Republicans don't twist corporations arms to get donations and such?  Democrats as well?

Woke culture is nonsense?  The left is not doing it with more force?  I have a question.  How do you get the sand out of your ears after you pull your head out of the beach?  

Regarding your last sentence.  Please point out where I said Republicans don't twist corporations arms.  

8 minutes ago, Melon said:

John Kennedy doing his best Chef Jim impression - question after question without a moment of reflection. 

From Ms Abrams.  And I quote 

It shortens the time for 9 weeks for 4 weeks.  

It restricts the time a voter can request and return an absentee ballot. 

It requires a voter to have a photo or other identification that they are willing to surrender (what does this mean) in order to participate in the absentee ballot process.  

It eliminates over 300 hours of drop box availability.

It bans all out of precinct votes. 

It restricts the hours of operations from 7-7 to 9-5.

So do these above mentioned issues affect people of all walks of life?  Of all colors?  Of all political affiliation?  Yes or no?  

This is a list if issues with the Bill that she disagrees with which is fine and her prerogative.  But please for the LOVE OF GOD can anyone explain to me what make any of these racist?  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But please for the LOVE OF GOD can anyone explain to me what make any of these racist?  

A bunch of old white dudes signing the bill in private in front of a painting of a slave plantation while at the same time a black lawmaker is arrested for knocking on the door to witness the signing.

Nobody said the n word, though, so I guess there isn't the magic smoking gun you need, Jim.

1 minute ago, Melon said:

A bunch of old white dudes signing the bill in private in front of a painting of a slave plantation while at the same time a black lawmaker is arrested for knocking on the door to witness the signing.

Nobody said the n word, though, so I guess there isn't the magic smoking gun you need, Jim.

So you cannot address what's in the bill.  All you have is who signed it and where they signed it.  Come on man. Dig deep. You have to have something that specifically says it's racist?  You've all been screaming it from the mountain tops.  An email, text, witness who can say that this law was signed specifically to ***** over POC.  

More feels not facts.  

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you cannot address what's in the bill.  All you have is who signed it and where they signed it.  Come on man. Dig deep. You have to have something that specifically says it's racist?  You've all been screaming it from the mountain tops.  An email, text, witness who can say that this law was signed specifically to ***** over POC.  

More feels not facts.  

The context makes it racist. The fact you cannot see that context, that you cannot see the systemic racism that brought this bill to the floor in the first place, is unfortunate. 

It's been explained to you ad nauseum.

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

witness who can say that this law was signed specifically to ***** over POC.  

All the people screaming from the mountain tops that witnessed the bill being signed to the detriment of the Georgian impovered are not witnesses?

Edited by Melon

25 minutes ago, Melon said:

The context makes it racist. The fact you cannot see that context, that you cannot see the systemic racism that brought this bill to the floor in the first place, is unfortunate. 

It's been explained to you ad nauseum.

So you are saying that white people will not have to comply with the voting regulation changes and that it applies only to minorities? Well then yeah, that is racist. Oh wait, it seems it applies to people of all color and social status. Nevermind.

58 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Woke culture is nonsense?  The left is not doing it with more force?  I have a question.  How do you get the sand out of your ears after you pull your head out of the beach?  

Regarding your last sentence.  Please point out where I said Republicans don't twist corporations arms.  

Just stop with your false piety.  Some people have found their political voices and are using them, and you’re butt hurt about it because they’re not the voices you favor.  I am not a fan of this kind of stuff but at least I have the decency to say I disagree regardless of which side it comes from.  

It is obvious who has their head stuck in the sand.  Pull yours out. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself honestly if the side you favor were doing this, as they have, you wouldn’t be all in.