Georgia election laws and MLB

Just now, Chef Jim said:

One more time. Boycotting a company for a stance they've taken is one thing. But to boycott a company, or dox a public person, for not taking a stance is another.  I suggest you figure our my point too.  

One more time.  They are both political plays.  End of story.

THE DAM IS BREAKING:  

Coca Cola’s “woke” general counsel is out.

https://www.law.com/corpcounsel/2021/04/21/coca-colas-bradley-gayton-out-as-general-counsel-chief-compliance-officer-takes-role/?cmp=share_twitter&slreturn=20210321174552

This is the guy who wanted at least 15% of the lawyer time billed  to Coca Cola by law firms to be for African American lawyers.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And I will rebut with several  things:

1.  January 6th people in the other side of the equation tried not just to “cancel culture “(as some of you would put it) but cancel the Democratic process.  Each side does this kind of political crap trying to influence corporations as I have already listed.

2.  I have said repeatedly that protests are good but violence cannot be tolerated.  So has the current President.

3.  Home Depot can make its decision then the market will act.  If they come out in favor of voting rights in general they’ll win some customers and lose others.  And if they come out in favor of the change in law, same thing will happen.  The idea that a large company like Home Depot will fall over this is a wild guess.

And those in agreement with a Home Depot or a Steven King rally to their cause.

Violence will not be tolerated except for the 100+ nights on the 30 or so cities. But well done equating Billions of dollars of damage and  tens of thousands if not hundred of thousands of life's ruined of innocent people to hundreds of dollars and most people who were in the Capitol arrested. What happened on DC is unacceptable but the comparison is absurd. Also I am not stating Home Depot will fail, I am stating it will close the locations in cities and then be called racist for only existing where they make profits. Lastly as for Biden he took literally months to denounce the violence being perpetrated by democrat voters but many people- I think you are one- blasted for trump for not responding within minutes on January 6th, your standards seem to be real different depending on the party.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Violence will not be tolerated except for the 100+ nights on the 30 or so cities. But well done equating Billions of dollars of damage and  tens of thousands if not hundred of thousands of life's ruined of innocent people to hundreds of dollars and most people who were in the Capitol arrested. What happened on DC is unacceptable but the comparison is absurd. Also I am not stating Home Depot will fail, I am stating it will close the locations in cities and then be called racist for only existing where they make profits. Lastly as for Biden he took literally months to denounce the violence being perpetrated by democrat voters but many people- I think you are one- blasted for trump for not responding within minutes on January 6th, your standards seem to be real different depending on the party.

I immediately denounced the riots.  Protests are fine, looting and such is not.  And as bad as they were they do not compare to trying to overthrow our government.  And we had our President watching it on TV.

Home Depot will do what they do.  I have stated I don’t like the tactic but that both political sides pressure corporations and have given examples.  Why is it bad when liberals do it but not conservatives?

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I immediately denounced the riots.  Protests are fine, looting and such is not.  And as bad as they were they do not compare to trying to overthrow our government.  And we had our President watching it on TV.

Home Depot will do what they do.  I have stated I don’t like the tactic but that both political sides pressure corporations and have given examples.  Why is it bad when liberals do it but not conservatives?

You can give me an example where conservatives boycotted a business for NOT having a political opinion? I am curious if you can show me one. Once again your side had CHAZ which has stated it did not recognize the President, the big difference is no one was arrested. Your point about "both sides" is really blunted when your side response to all the liberal rage is not to punish the people who do it.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:31 AM, Chef Jim said:

If it’s to be considered Jim Crow wouldn’t have to adversely affect only Black people. Or target only black people?  I’ll answer for you. YES!  Now on to the proof you must have to come to this conclusion.  

The Jim Crow on steroids one. 

Can you identify the bill?  I need a number or a session law identifier to make sure that we're talking about the same thing.  You've (allegedly) read the bill of which you speak, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with the information.  Unfortunately I have no choice but to seek such details given your history as an unrepentant hoaxer and your recent crowy behavior.  I eagerly await your response, Chef Jim Crow. 

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You can't win sometimes.  You offer no opinion you're attacked.  Remember silence is violence?  You offer the wrong opinion you're attacked.  

Now we're playing the victimization game?  Cool.  I didn't think you were a snowflake.  Maybe I was wrong.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You can give me an example where conservatives boycotted a business for NOT having a political opinion? I am curious if you can show me one. Once again your side had CHAZ which has stated it did not recognize the President, the big difference is no one was arrested. Your point about "both sides" is really blunted when your side response to all the liberal rage is not to punish the people who do it.

You guys like to pretend that there’s a difference between liberals protesting or boycotting when a corporation doesn’t do what they want vs. conservatives.  You create a false distinction between a group deciding what it wants and pressuring a corporation to comply vs. a corporation setting a policy and then a group pressuring them to comply to their wishes.  In the end it is the same thing:  people threatening a boycott to achieve their political wish.  Trying to create some false difference is amusing, almost as amusing as McConnell telling corporations to stay out of politics given his career.  

As for the protests and such, I have said riots should not be condoned regardless of who does it.  You want to pretend O didn’t say that fine.  Just like you can pretend that some of them did not involve the Boogaloo boys.

The value of being an Independent like me is that it’s easy to see the silliness of positions taken by those on the extreme of either side of the political spectrum.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The value of being an Independent like me is that it’s easy to see the silliness of positions taken by those on the extreme of either side of the political spectrum.

That's a great position to be in, everyones wrong but you

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Except for the fact that "cancel" culture comes along with riots and violence. If I don't like baseballs stance I simply stop watching, if a cancel warrior dislikes a stance they physically harm those that disagree. I have a whole summer of riots to prove my point.

The last line is how fascism works- you either fully agree with me or I will destroy you. Soon the home depot's will close in the cities and then they will be racist for making business decisions.

Do you know where that behavior started? Bullying in schools. It just expanded throughout our entire culture.

We went from trying to protect victims, to using that victimhood and attacking others.

Edited by The Governor

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Aren't we all prejudiced by our own experiences and environment?

Somewhat.  Maturity hopefully allows one to see through his or her prejudices and acknowledge that, in the political spectrum, neither side is ever 100% right or wrong.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Somewhat.  Maturity hopefully allows one to see through his or her prejudices and acknowledge that, in the political spectrum, neither side is ever 100% right or wrong.

I would agree with you there and may I add that your posts sometimes make me stop and think.

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

Do you know where that behavior started? Bullying in schools. It just expanded throughout our entire culture.

We went from trying to protect victims, to using that victimhood and attacking others.

I am not sure what you mean at all- do you think that cancel culture is an extension of bullying? Or that people cling to victimhood so they can use it to attack others? I am not necessarily disagreeing just looking for clarification.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure what you mean at all- do you think that cancel culture is an extension of bullying? Or that people cling to victimhood so they can use it to attack others? I am not necessarily disagreeing just looking for clarification.

Yes. When the schools started addressing bullying, the social workers and school shrinks went from simply trying to protect people being bullied to launching attacks on the bully. They gather around the person being bullied and use that victimhood to destroy the bully.

Those tactics are just expanded to the Twitterverse and pretty much everywhere you look these days.

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Can you identify the bill?  I need a number or a session law identifier to make sure that we're talking about the same thing.  You've (allegedly) read the bill of which you speak, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with the information.  Unfortunately I have no choice but to seek such details given your history as an unrepentant hoaxer and your recent crowy behavior.  I eagerly await your response, Chef Jim Crow. 

Now we're playing the victimization game?  Cool.  I didn't think you were a snowflake.  Maybe I was wrong.  

Yes I can identify the bill.  You're a lawyer.  Look it up.   

What makes the bill racists?  That's the question I posed to you some time ago which you've somehow failed to or refused to answer.   Once we get that off the table we can proceed.  Until then carry on.