March Madness 2021

Mark Vader

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oral twice in one weekend??

I have a college buddy whose son is being recruited by ORU. I just texted to ask if that love is feeling any sweeter. Next week at school his chest just might puff out a little extra! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have a college buddy whose son is being recruited by ORU. I just texted to ask if that love is feeling any sweeter. Next week at school his chest just might puff out a little extra! 

So many upsets this year. Getting pretty fun. This max Abmas kid is like the second coming of Steph curry 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So many upsets this year. Getting pretty fun. This max Abmas kid is like the second coming of Steph curry 

Between Covid and Xavier sucking again (hey, they got to practice only twice in an entire month due to outbreaks!), I was down enough on this year that I never even filled out a bracket. The actual tournament has been fun though, and you still feel the energy. FAR better than I was expecting! 

Anybody that has known me knows I am a huge college basketball fan.  This is my favorite time of year for sports, absolutely devastated a year ago when they cancelled.  I had my annual March madness party Friday & it was a great turnout, guys showing up I havent seen in years all throughout the day.  I actually got some fireworks and blew them off Friday night.  It was a fun time had by all.  As far as the tournament, I think the games for the most part have been great so far.  Yes the Big 10 looks very overrated right now, maybe Michigan, Iowa and maryland culd win today & that would still give them 3 teams in the sweet 16.  What is going on with the Pac 10?  They got 2 in already and could possibly get 2 more with USC & Oregon today, which are both favored.  

As for my bracket, down in smoke had Illinois winning it all.  Bad draw getting Loyola in the 2nd round, those guys just play fundamentally sound basketball.  What a coach that guy is.   They were fun to watch yesterday.  Enjoy the next few weeks guys, should be some great entertainment.

Geez, this year's tournament is whacky.

Although it has been trending this way for the past 10 years, maybe more.

The days of the mid 80's throughout the 90's of the big schools mostly trouncing the small schools all seems to be a thing of the past.

How did it get this way? It can't all be just dumb luck for these smaller schools. Is it better recruiting all around?

47 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Geez, this year's tournament is whacky.

Although it has been trending this way for the past 10 years, maybe more.

The days of the mid 80's throughout the 90's of the big schools mostly trouncing the small schools all seems to be a thing of the past.

How did it get this way? It can't all be just dumb luck for these smaller schools. Is it better recruiting all around?

There's just a lot more basketball talent than there was 25 years ago.. and the Blue bloods very rarely have kids stay for 4 years

So if your a borderline high major recruit you can sit for 2 years and play two at Duke, or play all 4 at a school like Loyola or UB

And those mid majors are usually upperclassmen heavy.. all it takes is one good recruiting class of three kids, and when they're all upperclassmen.. they're going to have talent and experience

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Iowa joins the big ten graveyard. At least we don’t have to see Garza’s creepy eyebrows anymore. Michigan is our only hope 🤮

Illinois is the Big Ten team that really got the short end of the stick. Loyola should have never been a 8 seed. They are statistically a top-10 team in the country.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Illinois is the Big Ten team that really got the short end of the stick. Loyola should have never been a 8 seed. They are statistically a top-10 team in the country.

As soon as I saw the bracket I said the same thing - Illinois never should have had to go through Loyola in the 2nd rd

On 3/22/2021 at 7:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

There's just a lot more basketball talent than there was 25 years ago.. and the Blue bloods very rarely have kids stay for 4 years

So if your a borderline high major recruit you can sit for 2 years and play two at Duke, or play all 4 at a school like Loyola or UB

And those mid majors are usually upperclassmen heavy.. all it takes is one good recruiting class of three kids, and when they're all upperclassmen.. they're going to have talent and experience

This is an excellent point.  Back in the 80's and early 90's the blue bloods had by far the best talent and the kids were staying for three years before going pro.  Now they are leaving after 1 or 2 years and in a one game setting where every mistake is magnified upperclassman leadership and kids playing with each other for 3-4 years means something.  Wait till next year where this extra year of eligibility comes into play and some of these top mid majors are going to be bringing back the same 5th year senior laden teams and it will be even more crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.