Updated (Hendrickson gone) crap load of teams in on Samuel

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a quiet interest in Trey Hendrickson for the Bills.

But I'm pretty sure we can't afford to get into a bidding war

I want Samuel and Lawson...

Beane won't get into a bidding war, he sets his limits, looks for fit and is not really a day 1 guy. But I do wonder if he will push some chips in and make a "good" move. Just seems like the time...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Beane won't get into a bidding war, he sets his limits, looks for fit and is not really a day 1 guy. But I do wonder if he will push some chips in and make a "good" move. Just seems like the time...

This year -- maybe more than any other year in recent memory -- is the year to wait out the early, "funny money" portion of free agency.

There are going to be a whole lot of productive veteran players left looking for 1-year deals, many of whom will prioritize going to a contender.

I have no doubt that Beane will sit patiently until the bargains come around, and will have us all shaking our heads and calling him a wizard again in no time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Well...the Bills did the same last year....

Can't argue with that.

They wound up going 13-3 against a really hard schedule and coming within a game of the Super Bowl, though. We'll see if things work out as well for the Pats and Jets.

Edited by Logic

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's been fun watching New England overpay for mid tier FAs today.

Now it's going to be fun to watch the Jets do the same.

Patriots are doing a good job... Might be overpaying but they are getting needed pieces to gain a few more wins  AND they have the money. Their defense will be stacked-- and didnt the Bills overpay with Addison , Jefferson and Butler last year? 

• Like (+1) 2

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Jests heavy on Hendrickson, crap load of teams in on Samuel
1 minute ago, 4thandGoal said:

Patriots are doing a good job... Might be overpaying but they are getting needed pieces to gain a few more wins  AND they have the money. Their defense will be stacked-- and didnt the Bills overpay with Addison , Jefferson and Butler last year? 

Yes the Bills did overpay and it did not pay dividends which is what I hope for NE.  

2 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

We'll have to agree to disagree that the Pats are doing a good job today.

They're paying $48 million combined for Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor, for starters. That's insanity.

Every year there's a runaway "free agency winner", and veeerrrry rarely do that team's free agency contracts wind up looking smart/worthwhile in retrospect.

Frankly, the Pats are spending like the drought era Bills. Big flashy moves for top-of-the-ticket free agents. Color me unimpressed.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Samuel would be awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

Samuel was high on my wish list. If agholor and davis are getting $13M per, and a bunch of teams are going after samuel, I guess we can take him off it. But maybe Beane can work some magic. 

He's be such a good fit for us. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

we did over pay for Jefferson, Addison and Butler last off season on day 1 and day 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have a quiet interest in Trey Hendrickson for the Bills.

But I'm pretty sure we can't afford to get into a bidding war

I have been slightly vocal
even said "book it" in some obscure thread.

But honestly, i have had interest as soon as I read he might shake free.
I would pay him Beane style of course. But really would be pleased

f jests

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Carl is #2 on my list after Trey

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Who is to say it didn’t pay off? They went 13-3 last year. And they kept Addison and Butler.

They were horrible, the restructures make it better, but that money would have been better spent elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who is to say it didn’t pay off? They went 13-3 last year. And they kept Addison and Butler.

always the contrarian Doc

jk

fair point

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

They were horrible, the restructures make it better, but that money would have been better spent elsewhere

not horrid.
not good enough

BTW is Star coming back? sorely needed a 1 tech last year and Star bid out of the season for covid . And Phillips was not that guy nor Butler. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

always the contrarian Doc

jk

fair point

not horrid.
not good enough

BTW is Star coming back? sorely needed a 1 tech last year and Star bid out of the season for covid . And Phillips was not that guy nor Butler. 

No clue on Star - Joe B is saying he might be gone now too...

For the money Phillips and Lawson were better choices. I'm worried about 1T, Edge and WR Speed (he has to be able to catch the ball). Feel like CB is meant for the draft

• Dislike 1