Patriots add "stud" WR Kenny Bourne [edited title]

DJB

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hope Beane is showing interest in everyone the Pats are after and running up the price!

apparently every free agent has interest from us or is interested in us according to every thread here...of course it's after they have signed elsewhere

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure I understand the interest here.   Decent #2 wideout, but he isnt exactly a burner, doesnt have reliable hands, and gives you nothing in terms of punt or kick return. 

He knew how to get open!! Anquan Boldin wasn’t a burner, but he knew how to free himself of NFL CBs. 

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not sure I understand the interest here.   Decent #2 wideout, but he isnt exactly a burner, doesnt have reliable hands, and gives you nothing in terms of punt or kick return. 

Well if he’s a decent #2, that would means he’s a very good #4 which is exactly what he would have been here.  And also why he wasn’t going to come here.  

• Like (+1) 2

From an article in 2019:

All the drops that were ruining his performances are now a thing of the past (knock on wood). With his hands being consistent, it is easy to see why he has been involved so much. Bourne isn’t the fastest receiver, but he does have sound route running. It’s why Jimmy Garoppolo was able to hit him twice in the end zone against the Saints.

“KB, he finds the space.” Garoppolo on his redzone connections with Bourne. “He’s a good, instinctive player who if the initial play isn’t there or a little off-schedule, he has no problem working. He puts his hands up, you know, all those little things that you do when the play breaks down. He’s phenomenal at it.”

Interest is just that, interest. I bet we sent feelers in on everyone where we had mild interest. 

We just kept getting priced out. They probably knew they weren’t going to be able to get many of these guys, especially if they’re getting day one kind of offers. But I’d prefer they tried and got priced out than just sitting back. 

We’re looking for deals, can’t get them if you don’t make an offer. 

1 hour ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

A lot of interesting WRs, what y’all think about Will Fuller? Too pricey?

Perfect fit....too brittle for my taste considering what his price tag will likely be. Maybe he’ll take a 1 year deal with us if his offers aren’t what he was looking for

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Showing interest doesn’t mean omg we need this guy