RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

CowgirlsFan

• CowgirlsFan changed the title to RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler
33 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

RIP.

Hagler-Hearns was epic. It's a shame that boxing eventually became irrelevant to me, Hagler was part of it's great history.

My fav fight ever, though I was much more of a Hitman fan. Loved Hagler too, hated Sugar Ray. RIP.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

RIP.

Hagler-Hearns was epic. It's a shame that boxing eventually became irrelevant to me, Hagler was part of it's great history.

RIP. 

The best fight I ever watched (ppv).

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Rico said:

My fav fight ever, though I was much more of a Hitman fan. Loved Hagler too, hated Sugar Ray. RIP.

Leonard and Hagler were past their prime when they fought. Leonard made demands for more padded gloves and a bigger ring before he agreed to fight Hagler.

Leonard was rich beyond any boxer then, but wanted one last big pay day, like Hagler no doubt, who did not earn Leonard's kind of money during his career.

That is when I lost respect for Leonard. 

Edited by I am the egg man

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

A great moment in sports.  Richard Steele was a third great in that ring btw.

Strong call. Reminded me of a guy I haven't thought of for awhile: Mills Lane. Always felt the fight would be legit when he was in the ring.

Sadly, a quick google revealed Mills had a debilitating stroke years ago.

https://www.sportscasting.com/boxing-ref-mills-lane-faces-tragic-ending-after-success-in-ring-and-courtroom/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.