H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

29 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nearly 75,000,000 votes with packed rallies during a pandemic?   Trump Train caravans for miles?  You consider that dying?  

Why are red states cracking down on voting rights? Why Jim?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Why are red states cracking down on voting rights? Why Jim?

They aren't.

Any attempt to repair the broken system is met with fake cries of suppression................but you knew that.

and blue states are holding the line too

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Racist Bill??  What makes it racist?  

How does forbidding the distribution of water to people make voting more secure?  

How does making drop boxes less available make voting less secure?

The law removes the ELECTED Secretary of State as head of the state Elections Commission and replaces him/her with an APPOINTEE of the (Republican) legislature. Eliminating a check/balance needed to ensure a democracy.

The law also allows the state Elections Commission to take over any jurisdiction's ballot counting. This is aimed at the Democratic strongholds of Fulton and DeKalb Counties. Another check gone. 

Why are these measures even necessary given that the voting was independently determined to have been basically free of voter fraud or other issues.  

This bill is unnecessary.  It was passed to make voting less accessible and more difficult to people who have less time and opportunity to vote.  It is designed for one purpose, to steal the next election from the majority in favor of a minority of voters.  

Republican government means, “of the people,” not the powerful.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How does forbidding the distribution of water to people make voting more secure?  

No need to read past the first line.

BillZtime KNOWS that this is NOT true, refuted in every newspaper, but he leads off his spin with it.

How does making drop boxes less available make voting less secure?  

The law removes the ELECTED Secretary of State as head of the state Elections Commission and replaces him/her with an APPOINTEE of the (Republican) legislature. Eliminating a check/balance needed to ensure a democracy.  HOW RACIST!!

The law also allows the state Elections Commission to take over any jurisdiction's ballot counting. This is aimed at the Democratic strongholds of Fulton and DeKalb Counties. Another check gone.  \

Why are these measures even necessary given that the voting was independently determined to have been basically free of voter fraud or other issues.  

This bill is unnecessary.  It was passed to make voting less accessible and more difficult to people who have less time and opportunity to vote.  It is designed for one purpose, to steal the next election from the majority in favor of a minority of voters.  

Republican government means, “of the people,” not the powerful.

Ok now, how do each of these things effect people of different races differently?  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok now, how do each of these things effect people of different races differently?  

How? Because the data shows that nonwhite Georgia voters have to wait in line for hours to vote. Why? Too few polling sites.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You lie.

And then you give a weak ass response.

so typical.

HA! You "stopped" reading past the first line. Talk about a weak asssss response.

And what's a lie?

Go back to your safe place and help Ann out. 

How? Because the data shows that nonwhite Georgia voters have to wait in line for hours to vote. Why? Too few polling sites.

And how is this racist? Explain why you feel they POC are being targeted by their wait times.  

And are you really saying white voters in Georgia don't have to wait in lines for hours?  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

And how is this racist? Explain why you feel they POC are being targeted by their wait times.  

And are you really saying white voters in Georgia don't have to wait in lines for hours?  

Here we go again... rabbit hole time.

I've answered your questions - now you answer mine:

• How does forbidding the distribution of water to people make voting more secure?  
  • How does making drop boxes less available make voting less secure?  

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

HA! You "stopped" reading past the first line. Talk about a weak asssss response.

And what's a lie?

You always make it so easy.

Look back, I clearly said to the other posters that there was "no need" for them to read past the first line but I had.

AND the LIE is the first line about water, but again you KNOW that. 😂

I also like your incredibly racist implication that there are NonWhite voting lines ...............what a hoot.

Sure some areas are majority POC, but 100% ?  You keep digging that racist hole son.

Just now, BillStime said:

Here we go again... rabbit hole time.

I've answered your questions - now you answer mine:

• How does forbidding the distribution of water to people make voting more secure?  
  • How does making drop boxes less available make voting less secure?  

One man's rabbit hole is another man's "I've got nuthin'"  If you can't defend your positions say so.  

Your questions.  

• The bill doesn't not single out water.  It includes a lot of items that could influence a voter.  Isn't that a good thing in your mind.  But for some reason you are all are focusing on water.  Why is that?
  • My understanding was the change in drop boxes was to make it a uniform system.  Uniformity is good in my mind.  So is one box per 100,000 voters or one per voting location going to make it easier? To vote or have the votes counted?  Not sure but it's not racists.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

One man's rabbit hole is another man's "I've got nuthin'"  If you can't defend your positions say so.  

Your questions.  

• The bill doesn't not single out water.  It includes a lot of items that could influence a voter.  Isn't that a good thing in your mind.  But for some reason you are all are focusing on water.  Why is that?
  • My understanding was the change in drop boxes was to make it a uniform system.  Uniformity is good in my mind.  So is one box per 100,000 voters or one per voting location going to make it easier? To vote or have the votes counted?  Not sure but it's not racists.  

Poor answers. Doesn't single out water? Only an idiot would answer that way! 

Uniformity, just for uniformity sake? Stupid. You are still an idiot 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Your questions.  

You did not answer my question. How does dictating who and where water can be provided MAKE ELECTIONS MORE SECURE?

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You always make it so easy.

Look back, I clearly said to the other posters that there was "no need" for them to read past the first line but I had.

AND the LIE is the first line about water, but again you KNOW that. 😂

I also like your incredibly racist implication that there are NonWhite voting lines ...............what a hoot.

Sure some areas are majority POC, but 100% ?  You keep digging that racist hole son.

Please stop projecting.

You did not answer my question. How does dictating who and where water can be provided MAKE ELECTIONS MORE SECURE?

It is basic.

Probably why you cannot grasp it.

Giving out water (food, cigarettes, money, any compensation) to someone in line to influence their vote has ALWAYS been illegal.

Water can be brought to the line by the voter, or donated water given to the person in line by someone in authority.   

These rules hold for ALL lines, not just your invented "non-Whites" lines :lol:

It can't be simpler, but sadly, I know that you (and Tibs) won't understand.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Poor answers. Doesn't single out water? Only an idiot would answer that way! 

Uniformity, just for uniformity sake? Stupid. You are still an idiot 

Why default to name calling?   Have you read the part of the Bill that talks about drinks**?  Would you be ok if the NRA showed up and handed out sandwiches and bottled water to people in line?  How about it they gave out t-shirts, hats, $20 bills?  Would you be good with that? You do know that is what that part of the Bill states.   Also you do know that the Bill states in polling places where wait times exceeded one hour are now REQUIRED to hire more staff? 

(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any

person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give,

or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and

drink, 

Please explain what is wrong with this.  

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Reduces undue influence of voters in line.  Why the hell is this so hard for you all to get.  It's not about WATER.  It's about influencing votes.  Good lord!!

So ok.  I'm going down to ATL during the midterms.  Brining all my Trumpers and NRA and Right to Lifer friends and were handing out all sorts of *****.  I'll just point at you guys and say "hey, they told me it was cool."  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why default to name calling?   Have you read the part of the Bill that talks about drinks**?  Would you be ok if the NRA showed up and handed out sandwiches and bottled water to people in line?  How about it they gave out t-shirts, hats, $20 bills?  Would you be good with that? You do know that is what that part of the Bill states.   Also you do know that the Bill states in polling places where wait times exceeded one hour are now REQUIRED to hire more staff? 

(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any

person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give,

or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and

drink, 

It makes it illegal to give someone water, it sure looks like. 

Oh damn, I'm sorry, that's the point you don't want to cover. But, ya, it does do that 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It makes it illegal to give someone water, it sure looks like. 

Oh damn, I'm sorry, that's the point you don't want to cover. But, ya, it does do that 

Yup it makes it illegal to give them water and lots of other things.  Why focus on the water?  Give me a good reason why all of you are fixated on water?  It's because you THINK it's a great way to make your point. OMG LOOK.  THEY'RE DENYING THAT POC A SIMPLE DRINK OF WATER!!  Sorry anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together know that is a really bad argument.  

Edited by Chef Jim

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

It is basic.

Probably why you cannot grasp it.

Giving out water (food, cigarettes, money, any compensation) to someone in line to influence their vote has ALWAYS been illegal.

Water can be brought to the line by the voter, or donated water given to the person in line by someone in authority.   

These rules hold for ALL lines, not just your invented "non-Whites" lines :lol:

It can't be simpler, but sadly, I know that you (and Tibs) won't understand.

Exactly - it has nothing to do with election security.  Thanks!

You can sugar coat your answer all you want but this "law" screams Jim Crow and targeted towards those who have to wait in extremely long lines just to vote - and you know it.

You can sugar coat your answer all you want but this "law" screams Jim Crow and targeted towards those who have to wait in extremely long lines just to vote - and you know it.

Extremely long lines are exclusive to POC?  Explain why you think that is.   Did  you miss the part about polling places that had extremely long lines are REQUIRED, going forward, to hire more staff?  What are your thoughts about that? 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

drink, 

Reduces undue influence of voters in line.  Why the hell is this so hard for you all to get.  It's not about WATER.  It's about influencing votes.  Good lord!!

So ok.  I'm going down to ATL during the midterms.  Brining all my Trumpers and NRA and Right to Lifer friends and were handing out all sorts of *****.  I'll just point at you guys and say "hey, they told me it was cool."  

Can you imagine handing money out to prospective voters?  Now, who would do that?

Trump allies are handing out cash to black voters

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So my answer about giving compensation, i..e. bribing, on line, that is illegal in all states is NOT about election security ?  really?

I mean you could try and argue the point like a normal poster, but to hilariously proclaim that it makes your point !!

You are sad and lost.

Not unlike:

Can you imagine handing money out to prospective voters?  Now, who would do that?

Trump allies are handing out cash to black voters

:doh:

Ok so now you're ok with not allowing undue influence to voters in line?  Good.  

This is the only time you've interjected Trump into a conversation not about Trump that is actually a good thing.  

So my answer about giving compensation, i..e. bribing, on line, that is illegal in all states is NOT about election security ?  really?

I mean you could try and argue the point like a normal poster, but to hilariously proclaim that it makes your point !!

You are sad and lost.

Not unlike:

HAHAHAHAHA  -  You must love April Fools Day.

You're not a normal poster.

Edited by BillStime

You are sad and lost.

Not unlike:

I like the idea of using ID Numbers on mail in votes. Much easier to match those than signatures.  God this conversation has me thirsty.  Where can a poor man get a drink of water around here?? 

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You are sad and lost.

Not unlike:

None of the measures outlined in the bill actually improve election security. And frankly, the measure that allows state officials to take over local election boards should make ALL OF US much less secure about the integrity of Georgia's elections. (Funny, neither you nor @Chef Jim would comment on that, why?)

This bill is intended to remove election security and pave the way for Republicans in Georgia state government to continue their long tradition of disenfranchisement of voters. 

That's the only reason why you're turning yourself inside out to defend it.

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

None of the measures outlined in the bill actually improve election security.

Oh so you've read it all?  Then you would have read the parts that

Establishing a voter intimidation and illegal activities hotline? 

Provide that no election superintendents or boards of registrars shall accept private funding?

Provide for notice when polling places are relocated

Provide sanctions for improperly opening an absentee ballot

Provide for poll watcher training

Provide for restrictions on the distribution of certain items within close proximity to the polls on election day

Provide for duplication panels for defective ballots that cannot be processed by tabulating machines

Provide for the deadline for election certification

Provide for public notice and observation of preparation of voting equipment

Provide for observation of elections and ballot processing and counting

Prohibit observing or attempting to observe how a voter marks or has marked his or her ballot or inducing a voter to do so

Prohibit the photographing or other recording of ballots and ballot markers

But you and yours focus on water. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh so you've read it all?  Then you would have read the parts that

Establishing a voter intimidation and illegal activities hotline? 

Provide that no election superintendents or boards of registrars shall accept private funding?

Provide for notice when polling places are relocated

Provide sanctions for improperly opening an absentee ballot

Provide for poll watcher training

Provide for restrictions on the distribution of certain items within close proximity to the polls on election day

Provide for duplication panels for defective ballots that cannot be processed by tabulating machines

Provide for the deadline for election certification

Provide for public notice and observation of preparation of voting equipment

Provide for observation of elections and ballot processing and counting

Prohibit observing or attempting to observe how a voter marks or has marked his or her ballot or inducing a voter to do so

Prohibit the photographing or other recording of ballots and ballot markers

But you and yours focus on water. 

Ah.... you left out the most important parts of the law, Jim - WHY IS THAT?

• The law removes the ELECTED Secretary of State as head of the state Elections Commission and replaces him/her with an APPOINTEE of the (Republican) legislature. Eliminating a check/balance needed to ensure a democracy.
  • The law also allows the state Elections Commission to take over any jurisdiction's ballot counting. This is aimed at the Democratic strongholds of Fulton and DeKalb Counties. Another check gone. 

And while we are rewriting laws - why wouldn't they make it a crime to force people to wait in long lines to exercise their right to vote? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

• The law removes the ELECTED Secretary of State as head of the state Elections Commission and replaces him/her with an APPOINTEE of the (Republican) legislature. Eliminating a check/balance needed to ensure a democracy.
  • The law also allows the state Elections Commission to take over any jurisdiction's ballot counting. This is aimed at the Democratic strongholds of Fulton and DeKalb Counties. Another check gone. 

And while we are rewriting laws - why wouldn't they make it a crime to force people to wait in long lines to exercise their right to vote? 

Why would it be so much better for some elected official, who by that very definition is completely partisan, in that role as opposed to an appointee? The US Attorney General isn’t elected. Neither are Supreme Court Justices. Does that make them untrustworthy?  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

12 definite wins for me 2 questionable wins for you. Only a Bills fan would think they’re winning this argument 

Who’s forcing anyone to do anything?  😂

Who gets arrested for “forcing” these people to wait in lines?  Oh wait wait I know. ....TRUMP!!

Oh and the Bill REQUIRES polling places to hire additional staff and if they’ve had wait times of an hour or more. 

You look thirsty.  How about a niiiiice cooool glass of water. 

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya right! The last election was totally, 100% fair and they still complained. So much so that they are trying to make it harder to vote for minorities. 

If the last election was totally, 100% fair, why do we need HR 1?

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wiat, a fossil fuel tax subsidy for a big corporation is repealed by republicans and democrats are mad about it? I simply don’t understand you political sheep and your parties. 

It not complicated. If the Elephant team does it, it's bad. If the Donkey team does it, it's good.

Unless you're on the Elephant team, then if the Donkey team does it, it's bad. If the Elephant team does it, it's good.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It not complicated. If the Elephant team does it, it's bad. If the Donkey team does it, it's good.

Unless you're on the Elephant team, then if the Donkey team does it, it's bad. If the Elephant team does it, it's good.

Absolutely unbelievable isn’t it? And the respective team’s cheerleaders find it impossible to see this. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why would it be so much better for some elected official, who by that very definition is completely partisan, in that role as opposed to an appointee? The US Attorney General isn’t elected. Neither are Supreme Court Justices. Does that make them untrustworthy?  

Partisans in politics? No way.

The new Georgia law strips the Secretary of State of power and gives the legislature the right NOT to certify results they don't like.

The legislature can also remove a county board if it feels they didn't rule properly on challenges. 

Why was this put in place? Can you tell me what the issues were in 2020 with Raffensperger - other than the fact he rebuffed Trump, Lindsay and the rest of the GQP to find those 11,000 votes?

Election Security... integrity... my a$$.  If the bill didn't suppress voting, the GQP wouldn't be backing it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Partisans in politics? No way.

The new Georgia law strips the Secretary of State of power and gives the legislature the right NOT to certify results they don't like.

The legislature can also remove a county board if it feels they didn't rule properly on challenges. 

Why was this put in place? Can you tell me what the issues were in 2020 with Raffensperger - other than the fact he rebuffed Trump, Lindsay and the rest of the GQP to find those 11,000 votes?

Election Security... integrity... my a$$.  If the bill didn't suppress voting, the GQP wouldn't be backing it.

You are still buying this is a good guys verses bad guys thing.

wish I could drink enough or self deprive sleep enough to believe the world is so simplistic and childish. 

But as they say, useful idiots are the political elites best friend. 

56 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is so appropriate here it bears repeating 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Absolutely unbelievable isn’t it? And the respective team’s cheerleaders find it impossible to see this. 

Nah, it highlights that the GQP has hit rock bottom.  Talk about cancel culture.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You are still buying this is a good guys verses bad guys thing.

wish I could drink enough or self deprive sleep enough to believe the world is so simplistic and childish. 

But as they say, useful idiots are the political elites best friend. 

This is so appropriate here it bears repeating 

Yeah, I know Mister Independent.  Voter suppression laws don't impact you.

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nah, it highlights that the GQP has hit rock bottom.  Talk about cancel culture.

Yeah, I know Mister Independent.  Voter suppression laws don't impact you.

Suppression lolol.

Tell me more about bottle water again? Jim Crow 2.0. Fear! Racist!!! ID checks?!!?  RACIST!!! 

Useful idiots parroting the line.

I need to find your opposition contemporary so they can debate you in fear of  MASSIVE FRAUD?! Oh nooo ! Fear !! Undocumented immigrants voting!!! Fear!?

ugh I’m embarrassed for the sheep used in the puppet wars...

🐑 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Suppression lolol.

Tell me more about bottle water again? Jim Crow 2.0. Fear! Racist!!! ID checks?!!?  RACIST!!! 

Useful idiots parroting the line.

I need to find your opposition contemporary so they can debate you in fear of  MASSIVE FRAUD?! Oh nooo ! Fear !! Undocumented immigrants voting!!! Fear!?

ugh I’m embarrassed for the sheep used in the puppet wars...

🐑 

Spoken like a true Trumphole.