Bucky Brooks top 5 by position draft prospects

Punching Bag

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Running backs, wide receivers and linebackers are where I am closest to Bucky's rankings. My top 4 in those three positions at the moment are the same as his. 

Naturally he'd have two UNC products listed in his top 5😎

Edited by Solomon Grundy

I’ve looked at a few mock drafts and am always suspect of ones showing the Bills taking the third or fourth best guy at any position. So the one that intrigues me is Collins, the OLB from Tulsa. He’s routinely listed as the top prospect at his position and is definitely an open roster spot for the Bills. I didn’t see a single Tulsa game this year, but I tend to like these players who stand out in lesser conferences. They often have a prove it attitude. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Naturally he'd have two UNC products listed in his top 5😎

Is that where Bucky went to school? I do love those two running backs. I might even have Carter ahead of Williams I would have to check. I gave them both very similar grades. 

I haven't dove nearly as into the draft this year as usual, but I will say the clips floating around of Jaelan Phillips the past couple days have me swooning a bit for him as a pass rush prospect. Still hoping we address the line in free agency first so that we aren't leaning on a raw rookie, but he seems to have some serious gifts.

Just now, Ga boy said:

Can't pass on Darrisaw or Trey Smith at 30.  Please be there. 

Darrisaw won't be. Trey Smith almost certainly will but that is because #30 is way too high for him IMO. If he is there at #61 then I'd be interested. 

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I haven't dove nearly as into the draft this year as usual, but I will say the clips floating around of Jaelan Phillips the past couple days have me swooning a bit for him as a pass rush prospect. Still hoping we address the line in free agency first so that we aren't leaning on a raw rookie, but he seems to have some serious gifts.

I haven't done the Dline yet but I did see a highlight clip on twitter that made me take notice. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Darrisaw won't be. Trey Smith almost certainly will but that is because #30 is way too high for him IMO. If he is there at #61 then I'd be interested. 

I haven't done the Dline yet but I did see a highlight clip on twitter that made me take notice. 

Gunner:  would you go OL at 30??  Would you go Darrisaw if there?  What would be best realistic pick there?  No hurry.  I’ll keep watching. 

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Gunner:  would you go OL at 30??  Would you go Darrisaw if there?  What would be best realistic pick there?  No hurry.  I’ll keep watching. 

I think OL is a likely pick. I'd 100% go Darrisaw or Alijah Vera-Tucker if they got there but I don't think they will. I think it is early for a "pure guard" if you see what I mean. If a guy can play tackle then definitely. I think a guard that early needs to be a really complete prospect and I'm not sure I see someone who quite meets that requirement. 

As for where I'd go at #30.... I don't know. I change my mind daily but the two lines are my priority unless someone too good to miss falls - Kadarius Toney for example. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-top-five-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position-1-0

You draftnicks can argue about it but I have found him in general better than evaluating than many in press.

Terrible article!  He doesn't even bother rating punters and kickers.  And what about punt catchers, were is their ranking?

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Terrible article!  He doesn't even bother rating punters and kickers.  And what about punt catchers, were is their ranking?

Punt catchers were eliminated as part of rules changes but I do have concern about long snappers; we need one with kick rush ability when not snapping. Bills like players with multiple skills.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

DeVonta the #3 WR?  If this dudes available in the 20’s I’m trading up for him and letting Brown walk.  He might be the best WR to come out of the draft since Julio.  Needs to add some weight and I don’t see that being a huge issue.  

I have him and Waddle sort of tied at #2. But there is no way he lasts to the 20s. The top 3 receivers are all going top 12 IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think OL is a likely pick. I'd 100% go Darrisaw or Alijah Vera-Tucker if they got there but I don't think they will. I think it is early for a "pure guard" if you see what I mean. If a guy can play tackle then definitely. I think a guard that early needs to be a really complete prospect and I'm not sure I see someone who quite meets that requirement. 

As for where I'd go at #30.... I don't know. I change my mind daily but the two lines are my priority unless someone too good to miss falls - Kadarius Toney for example. 

Thanks Gunner.  I really want to protect our best player and open some holes too.  Belichek always took care of TB first.  Go Bills!! 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have him and Waddle sort of tied at #2. But there is no way he lasts to the 20s. The top 3 receivers are all going top 12 IMO.

You would think...but you would have thought the same about the WRs is the 2020 class.  Most of them went later than projected.  

18 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

DeVonta the #3 WR?  If this dudes available in the 20’s I’m trading up for him and letting Brown walk.  He might be the best WR to come out of the draft since Julio.  Needs to add some weight and I don’t see that being a huge issue.  

The guy supposedly declined to weigh-in at the Senior Bowl because he weighs 162. If true, that's at least 20lbs underweight. If he's been unable to add weight in 4 years at the best program in college football, he's definitely gonna struggle to do it in the NFL. Assuming he does a Maybin & bulks up for the combine, his speed & agility will definitely be affected, and that's what got where he is.

I'd definitely take Chase or Waddle over him, they're much closer to sure things.