Rush Limbaugh Dead at 70

T&C

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I'll go with better that he's off the air.  I didn't care for his politics, or for his act, and I won't miss his show in the least.  Still, I'm sorry that a family has to bury a loved one.  

Nice take.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

As the song by country group Rascal Flatts says,

"You're gonna leave a legacy, no matter what you do
It ain't a question of if they will
It's how they remember you

Did you stand or did you fall?
Build a bridge or build a wall? "

There was nothing civil about the venom that Limbaugh spread for three decades.     Death doesn't absolve people for the evil they do when they're alive.

Never claimed that death absolved anything, and that includes acting like a celebratory POS when someone you don't like dies.  

“Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does,” he said. “Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots.”

Limbaugh went on to ask why the government didn’t ban tobacco if it was so dangerous before claiming the society had vilified smokers, even though “their purchases are funding children’s health care programs.”

“I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I’m saying,” Limbaugh added.

• Like (+1) 3

I had to pop back in for this thread.  I absolutely love those pointing out his venom and hate all while spewing venom and hate.  Glad to see the hypocrisy of this place has not waned one bit in the past few months.  Carry on children.  Milk and cookies coming soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I didn't hear hate when I listened to his show. Mostly he told the truth.

That only shows how effective he was.  Were you not listening the years when he had his whole bit about "Moo-Cehlle"?  You know, his moniker for the first lady who had the audacity to want kids to get more exercise, and eat better?  Too bad that he suffered, I don't wish cancer on anyone...but to pretend he was some great humanitarian, or hero, is preposterous.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

That only shows how effective he was.  Were you not listening the years when he had his whole bit about "Moo-Cehlle"?  You know, his moniker for the first lady who had the audacity to want kids to get more exercise, and eat better?  Too bad that he suffered, I don't wish cancer on anyone...but to pretend he was some great humanitarian, or hero, is preposterous.

I love how he and all his listeners were all super angry at anyone that dared oppose their war on Iraq, but then later said it was all Hillary’s war. 

Gees, come to think of it, has Hillary been blamed for snuffing this joker out, yet? 

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Buftex said:

He pointed out the outrageous by being outrageous. That was his shtick.

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

What was outrageous about Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's symptoms?

You mean the claim that Fox was exaggerating his symptoms or had gone off his meds in order to appear in a political advertisement for a candidate? A claim that Fox, himself admitted to doing while appearing before Congress. 

2 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You mean the claim that Fox was exaggerating his symptoms or had gone off his meds in order to appear in a political advertisement for a candidate? A claim that Fox, himself admitted to doing while appearing before Congress. 

Defend it all you want. Even Rush had the balls to apologize to Fox. 

If you could source the bolded, that would be quite the find. Here's an interview with Couric where he states the opposite. 

You must have listened to him often to twist facts so effortlessly. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not defending it and I know Rush apologized for his remarks, something you left out of your original comment, which you posted only to post more vitriol. I understood where Fox was coming from even. I did not agree with Rush on this and other topics, abortion and stem cell research being just a couple.

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

I am not defending it and I know Rush apologized for his remarks, something you left out of your original comment, which you posted only to post more vitriol. I understood where Fox was coming from even. I did not agree with Rush on this and other topics, abortion and stem cell research being just a couple.

You do sound like a big fan of his, though. 

13 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I am not defending it and I know Rush apologized for his remarks, something you left out of your original comment, which you posted only to post more vitriol.

I posted my original comment to disprove your claim that he was only outrageous over things that are outrageous. Also, his "apology" (if you want to call it that) had nothing to do with why the comments were made in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

President Biden did you head about Rush?

Biden responded "I'm going as fast I can." 

Was that before or after Biden claimed minorities didn't know how to use the internet?

1 minute ago, 716er said:

I posted my original comment to disprove your claim that he was only outrageous over things that are outrageous. Also, his "apology" (if you want to call it that) had nothing to do with why the comments were made in the first place. 

Then why did you even bring up his apology? See your post above.

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Then why did you even bring up his apology? See your post above.

To point out even you are not even living up to his incredibly low standard. When I pointed out you were incorrect in your claim that He pointed out the outrageous by being outrageous  your flex was to lie. See below. 

34 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

This is an example of the culture of lies and defense of lies Rush has infected the country with.

RIP, though.

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

To point out even you are not even living up to his incredibly low standard. When I pointed out you were incorrect in your claim that He pointed out the outrageous by being outrageous  your flex was to lie. See below. 

This is an example of the culture of lies and defense of lies Rush has infected the country with.

RIP, though.

I did not lie, lol. Look it up.