The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

We had one. It’s called the Mueller Report. You should read it sometime.

No we didn’t. We had a partisan report that went digging for a reason to overturn an election. Get your head out of your arse. 
Where’s the commission that looks into how Democratic elected officials and the FBI worked in collusion and lied to the American people? Where’s that commission? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No we didn’t. We had a partisan report that went digging for a reason to overturn an election. Get your head out of your arse. 
Where’s the commission that looks into how Democratic elected officials and the FBI worked in collusion and lied to the American people? Where’s that commission? 

We had an independent counsel run by a group of career Republicans to investigate interference in the 2016 election and that investigation was obstructed the entire way through. Republicans picked Mueller to lead that investigation.

Edited by Governor

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

We already know what happened. Commissions are done so there’s accountability and so it’s recorded history. It may seem unnecessary right now, but it needs to be done. Republicans can make a clown show of it all they want, but the history books will reflect that and they’ll be judged accordingly.

I’m sorry, but I disagree.  I’m a bigger Trump critic than the worst this board has to offer, but seeing the pics/videos of the protesters being let in and some of the other items that have surfaced, leads me to believe those I voted for, aren’t being entirely honest and that leads down a rabbit hole that admittedly, I’m not too comfortable looking down.  I hope I’m wrong, but as I promised a family member I would be centered going forward and consider everything that’s been presented, I started to very soon realize (once I began looking without my bias or preconceived notions) that I wasn’t comfortable accepting someone else’s truth, in lieu of seeking it for myself.  And once you do move past that shackled life of “only one side is right”, it opens you up to ask some tough questions of those you previously deemed “the good guys”.

Governor, you seem like an intelligent and well-thought individual and I mean that with respect and sincerity.  So it too is with the utmost respect when I suggest you not believe that we know what happened, simply because what we’ve been shown through a biased lens, (just like when the news highlights the destruction done during peace marches, to say the whole thing is a riot).  

There were paid agitators who were boots on the ground.  That’s been confirmed.

99.9999% of the insurrectionists were unarmed….  

They we’re happily let in by SECURITY.

None have been charged under a treasonous penalty level.

No official video has been made available to the public.   

These 5 facts alone make me question the validity of what REALLY happened that day.  I just want the truth.  I don’t think we have that yet and we DEFINITELY won’t get it from a partial committee.

6 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

I’m sorry, but I disagree.  I’m a bigger Trump critic than the worst this board has to offer, but seeing the pics/videos of the protesters being let in and some of the other items that have surfaced, leads me to believe those I voted for, aren’t being entirely honest and that leads down a rabbit hole that admittedly, I’m not too comfortable looking down.  I hope I’m wrong, but as I promised a family member I would be centered going forward and consider everything that’s been presented, I started to very soon realize (once I began looking without my bias or preconceived notions) that I wasn’t comfortable accepting someone else’s truth, in lieu of seeking it for myself.  And once you do move past that shackled life of “only one side is right”, it opens you up to ask some tough questions of those you previously deemed “the good guys”.

Governor, you seem like an intelligent and well-thought individual and I mean that with respect and sincerity.  So it too is with the utmost respect when I suggest you not believe that we know what happened, simply because what we’ve been shown through a biased lens, (just like when the news highlights the destruction done during peace marches, to say the whole thing is a riot).  

These 5 facts alone make me question the validity of what REALLY happened that day.  I just want the truth.  I don’t think we have that yet and we DEFINITELY won’t get it from a partial committee.

We saw the guy from Oregon communicate with them, then pop open a side door and let them in. He was removed from office for those actions.

Congress already knows exactly what happened and who was involved. What the commission is for is to present it to the American people so it’s recorded history.

There isn’t anything that Congress will learn from the commission. Every member has been briefed on everything that happened that day.

Every member of Congress that had any involvement whatsoever already knows they’re totally busted. The “fact-finding” part is already done. Now it will be presented.

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

We saw the guy from Oregon communicate with them, then pop open a side door and let them in. He was removed from office for those actions.

Congress already knows exactly what happened and who was involved. What the commission is for is to present it to the American people so it’s recorded history.

There isn’t anything that Congress will learn from the commission. Every member has been briefed on everything that happened that day.

Every member of Congress that had any involvement whatsoever already knows they’re totally busted. The “fact-finding” part is already done. Now it will be presented.

No, we disagree again.  The commission’s purpose is to form a bi-partisan investigation into all of the evidence and then present to the American people.  Congress may have an idea, but to say they already know, somewhat validates my point that this will just be a partial witch-hunt without truth.  Any commission assigned at this level, is solely focused on investigating fully, then reporting together.  This commission is not that, unfortunately.  We may be given some facts, but they’ll be cherry-picked and won’t tell the entire story.  

And what I asked myself that really made me start to challenge the belief I had in what the news was telling me was this…

If it’s REALLY as bad as it looks, why wouldn’t they make all/most video available to the public, so the public was aware and could form a truthful conclusion?  We have a cumulative 5 minutes of total, cherry-picked footage.  That’s a problem in my opinion.

Edited by Frat-Train

2 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

No, we disagree again.  The commission’s purpose is to form a bi-partisan investigation into all of the evidence and then present to the American people.  Congress may have an idea, but to say they already know, somewhat validates my point that this will just be a partial witch-hunt without truth.  Any commission assigned at this level, is solely focused on investigating fully, then reporting together.  This commission is not that, unfortunately.  We may be given some facts, but they’ll be cherry-picked and won’t tell the entire story.  

And what I asked myself that really made me start to challenge the belief I had in what the news was telling me was this…

If it’s REALLY as bad as it looks, why wouldn’t they make all/most video available to the public, so the public was aware and could form a truthful conclusion?  We have a cumulative 5 minutes of total, cherry-picked footage.  That’s a problem in my opinion.

We’ll, that’s what they’re about to do. I’m sure we’ll see any video they have, over and over and over.

What I’m trying to say is that there won’t be a moment where someone runs into the room and hands Matt Gaetz a note informing him of a deep state conspiracy where a CIA agent came dressed as Antifa then discretely put a red hat on and came through a secret tunnel, and then the whole room gasps and says……this is new information….why did none of us know this!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Will we learn anything that makes Trump or any GOP member of Congress look better or uncover a conspiracy?

No, definitely not. How do I know that? Because the GOP would’ve signed onto the commission if they had any evidence of that. 

Will Nancy actually make McCarthy testify? Dunno. She would probably like to avoid that just out of respect for her fellow colleagues but if Gaetz and the other carnival barkers make a mess of the entire thing, she may be forced to. 

It should be pretty hilarious to watch.

5 hours ago, Governor said:

We’ll, that’s what they’re about to do. I’m sure we’ll see any video they have, over and over and over.

What I’m trying to say is that there won’t be a moment where someone runs into the room and hands Matt Gaetz a note informing him of a deep state conspiracy where a CIA agent came dressed as Antifa then discretely put a red hat on and came through a secret tunnel, and then the whole room gasps and says……this is new information….why did none of us know this!

Its one thing to withhold evidence from public view and another to ignore and resist the disclosure process in the legal system.  There's something like 14,000 hours of video taken during the day from various cameras in and around the Capitol and to date the government has refused to disclose through the legal system a single minute of any of this "evidence" to defense attorneys.  I'm sure you'll come up with some flimsy excuse other than the common sense reason that the video doesn't support the governments cases against the defendants or the "insurrection" narrative. 

And can we all stop pretending this has nothing to do with politics.  Its has everything to do with politics.  A bunch of politicians who could give two craps about law and order when it comes to the citizens in the streets across the county feigning outrage about a mob "attacking" the Capitol.  Maybe if they showed a little concern for the rest of us I'd be more inclined to believe the Democrats BS.  

5 hours ago, Governor said:

Will we learn anything that makes Trump or any GOP member of Congress look better or uncover a conspiracy?

No, definitely not. How do I know that? Because the GOP would’ve signed onto the commission if they had any evidence of that. 

Will Nancy actually make McCarthy testify? Dunno. She would probably like to avoid that just out of respect for her fellow colleagues but if Gaetz and the other carnival barkers make a mess of the entire thing, she may be forced to. 

It should be pretty hilarious to watch.

My friend, you’re too close to the tree and cannot see the massive forest behind it.  All of your points are moot if there’s even a 1% chance that this was allowed to happen for political reasons, by the same people who are now “investigating “ it.  Imagine the optics of the other side…

”We’re announcing a commission to investigate President Obama’s role in fast and furious, the US Embassy fall or FISA.  The commission will be led by Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham.”

You most likely wouldn’t expect truth to come from it, because your instincts tell you it’s a farce.  That’s the equivalent to how half of America feels about this, which is so important to remember.  Video solves everything; yet they won’t show video.  Charges with corroborated video would help;  none there…. It’s dangerous to assume we know the details because those on our “side” have told us so.  This is just my opinion.  There’s something very underhanded about this all.  And adding Cheney (who was just ousted by the Republicans) as some sort of olive branch is like adding Manchin to a “squash the filibuster” commission by the Repubs.  Let’s be truly honest.  

8 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

My friend, you’re too close to the tree and cannot see the massive forest behind it.  All of your points are moot if there’s even a 1% chance that this was allowed to happen for political reasons, by the same people who are now “investigating “ it.  Imagine the optics of the other side…

”We’re announcing a commission to investigate President Obama’s role in fast and furious, the US Embassy fall or FISA.  The commission will be led by Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham.”

You most likely wouldn’t expect truth to come from it, because your instincts tell you it’s a farce.  That’s the equivalent to how half of America feels about this, which is so important to remember.  Video solves everything; yet they won’t show video.  Charges with corroborated video would help;  none there…. It’s dangerous to assume we know the details because those on our “side” have told us so.  This is just my opinion.  There’s something very underhanded about this all.  And adding Cheney (who was just ousted by the Republicans) as some sort of olive branch is like adding Manchin to a “squash the filibuster” commission by the Repubs.  Let’s be truly honest.  

What do you mean by “allowed to happen?” 

You mean a conspiracy???  

It would be the GOP’s job to uncover the vast deep state conspiracy, not Democrats prove there wasn’t a conspiracy. Maybe they should’ve agreed to a bipartisan commission? 

Why do you feel, as a citizen, that you should have access to all of the video before the commission starts? 

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its one thing to withhold evidence from public view and another to ignore and resist the disclosure process in the legal system.  There's something like 14,000 hours of video taken during the day from various cameras in and around the Capitol and to date the government has refused to disclose through the legal system a single minute of any of this "evidence" to defense attorneys.  I'm sure you'll come up with some flimsy excuse other than the common sense reason that the video doesn't support the governments cases against the defendants or the "insurrection" narrative. 

And can we all stop pretending this has nothing to do with politics.  Its has everything to do with politics.  A bunch of politicians who could give two craps about law and order when it comes to the citizens in the streets across the county feigning outrage about a mob "attacking" the Capitol.  Maybe if they showed a little concern for the rest of us I'd be more inclined to believe the Democrats BS.  

I’m not pretending there isn’t a political piece to all of it. I can acknowledge that it’s the duty of Congress to get the whole thing on record AND beat you over the head with it politically. I can separate those two things.

At the end of the day, Democrats didn’t force the bubba militia to storm the capital. They did that on their own. What did they think was going to happen?

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I’m not pretending there isn’t a political piece to all of it. I can acknowledge that it’s the duty of Congress to get the whole thing on record AND beat you over the head with it politically. I can separate those two things.

At the end of the day, Democrats didn’t force the bubba militia to storm the capital. They did that on their own. What did they think was going to happen?

Maybe they thought nothing would happen to them and that someone would paint a street in Washington DC in their honor and then athletes and politicians would take a knee in a sign of fake respect…..no, that would NEVER happen with a bunch of mostly peaceful protestors! So I guess it’ll remain a mystery. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

What do you mean by “allowed to happen?” 

You mean a conspiracy???  

It would be the GOP’s job to uncover the vast deep state conspiracy, not Democrats prove there wasn’t a conspiracy. Maybe they should’ve agreed to a bipartisan commission? 

Why do you feel, as a citizen, that you should have access to all of the video before the commission starts? 

Because the commission works for the people and if the intent of the commission is transparency…. Well.  And why should a conspiracy fall solely in the hands of a single party?  I’m a Democrat and I simply want truth, not Republican truth.  I don’t want to be fed a party’s perspective.  That’s a scary and slippery slope (see China).  

Also, I voted for someone who promised to unite us.  A very partisan commission dedicated to something half of the country is deeply concerned about, flies in the face of that promise.  So yes, I have concerns.

And conspiracies were a joke while Trump spoke.  I laughed, I’ll admit it.  Then some of them turned out to be not-so-funny (COVID origin, Big media sensorship, Hamas sharing a building with US media….).  I think we need to all stop laughing at the notion that conspiracies are simply a right-wing narrative.  Again, with respect, you are WAY too comfortable eating from the troff you’re being fed from.  My suggestion is to step away and dig deep into what you’re confidently stating.  There’s some gross concerns you’ll have when you do.   

China, Cuba, Nazi Germany, Russia, North Korea all came to power when people were told to choose a side and believe anything their side told them.  It’s an inconvenient truth to acknowledge because it’s seemingly happening today in America.  I choose truth over party.  And if my party is truthful, they should never be afraid to prove it.  Video alone goes a long way towards that.   

• Like (+1) 1