Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

On 1/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, B-Man said:

Uh oh. We're back to hashtag diplomacy.

Yep, the Obama folks are certainly back in charge.

A lot is being made here about standing with Ukraine, but I’m sure the concern is less “Who is hashtag standing with us in Washington?”, and more “Who will stand with us physically in Ukraine?”.   

Unfortunately for the Ukrainians, Biden has already signaled his intent, and trusting his administration for anything beyond hashtag support would be a mistake.  

On 1/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, B-Man said:

Good Lord.

There is no speaking to Biden. You speak to his handlers. That does not fly with world leaders.

German chancellor turned down Biden invite to discuss Ukraine crisis - Der Spiegel

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz turned down an invite from U.S. President Joe Biden to discuss the Ukraine crisis, German magazine Der Spiegel said on Friday.

Scholz did not accept the invitation due to a full schedule, including a trip to Madrid, as well as the desire to show that he was present as Germany grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Der Spiegel.

A government spokesman declined to comment on the report.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/german-chancellor-turned-down-biden-invite-discuss-ukraine-crisis-der-spiegel-2022-01-21/

This is about Russia holding Germany hostage with natural gas supply. Germany cannot afford to piss off Putin.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A lot is being made here about standing with Ukraine, but I’m sure the concern is less “Who is hashtag standing with us in Washington?”, and more “Who will stand with us physically in Ukraine?”.   

Unfortunately for the Ukrainians, Biden has already signaled his intent, and trusting his administration for anything beyond hashtag support would be a mistake.  

Agree. Much of NATO has already experienced trumps threats and Bidens weakness. 

34 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is about Russia holding Germany hostage with natural gas supply. Germany cannot afford to piss off Putin.

Agree. Much of NATO has already experienced trumps threats and Bidens weakness. 

This didn’t happen on Trump’s watch, it is happening on Biden’s watch.  Whether by chance, divine intervention or because Biden is a career politician who talks of minor incursions and is entirely predictable, I cannot say.  However, Biden has been in office a year and it’s certainly not coincidental.  He certainly does not inspire confidence with his confusing take on the situation. 

Btw, it would have been interesting to see the handling of these matters in a second term under Trump.  When you remove the concern about being voted out of office, the dynamic changes dramatically.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This didn’t happen on Trump’s watch, it is happening on Biden’s watch.  Whether by chance, divine intervention or because Biden is a career politician who talks of minor incursions and is entirely predictable, I cannot say.  However, Biden has been in office a year and it’s certainly not coincidental.  He certainly does not inspire confidence with his confusing take on the situation. 

Btw, it would have been interesting to see the handling of these matters in a second term under Trump.  When you remove the concern about being voted out of office, the dynamic changes dramatically.  

To your second point.  Come on man!  This is so obvious. Trump would finally be starting WWIII as everyone predicted. We are so lucky he was defeated. We saved ourselves from WWIII and Covid is no longer raging. Well one out of two ain’t bad even though I’m not so confident about the one. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

To your second point.  Come on man!  This is so obvious. Trump would finally be starting WWIII as everyone predicted. We are so lucky he was defeated. We saved ourselves from WWIII and Covid is no longer raging. Well one out of two ain’t bad even though I’m not so confident about the one. 

We can only hope General Milley will call and tip-off his counterpart at the Kremlin if the U.S. or allied forces decide to take any military action regarding Ukraine.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Was he defeated?  Lots of folks predicted he would not leave.  Maybe he's still there?  I've never met the man! 

32 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My point on trump was the relationships with the US and NATO had been damaged by trump , publicly ridiculing Euro leaders, publicly loving Putin. They do not trust Biden for a different reason, and likely valid reason.

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Was he defeated?  Lots of folks predicted he would not leave.  Maybe he's still there?  I've never met the man! 

Meet him on the 9th hole, offer him a big Mac and coke for lunch and he will be your friend for life or until he decides not to be. 😁😁😁😁😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

My point on trump was the relationships with the US and NATO had been damaged by trump , publicly ridiculing Euro leaders, publicly loving Putin. They do not trust Biden for a different reason, and likely valid reason.

Look Frenchy, you don't see me over here blaming Dudley DooRight for the miscalculations of Justin Trudeau, or actions of foreign aggressors on his watch.   

Biden has had nearly 50 years of conspiring/working with NATO allies at the highest level of government.  Billions of dollars have changed hands and fattened wallets over that time, and all I can tell you is:

• What is happening now did not happen under Donald Trump;
  • What is happening now is happening under a man who's access to power brokers should be unquestioned.  That man is Joe Biden;

If they don't trust him, he earned it all on his own. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Meet him on the 9th hole, offer him a big Mac and coke for lunch and he will be your friend for life or until he decides not to be. 😁😁😁😁😁

Trump did what needed to be done and was long overdue being said to our European allies. He neither created the current system where they were not paying their 'fair share'....nor was he willing to continue it. It was long overdue that they were called to task in public!  Their sloth had been going on for decades. 

• Like (+1) 2