Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

51 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Oh it's not just our problem.  However, I feel the Japanese and Australians wouldn't counter attack without US input.  An attack would be over within hours and the US Navy would have casualties in the thousands.  

I could see the Chinese taking a stab at it around Christmas.  All of Washington is home for the holidays and distracted by Covid, budget, and themselves, and this administration is S-L-O-W and uncoordinated to get things going based on what we all saw in Afghanistan.  By the time we'd be "ready", the Chinese would already have the flag flying over Taipei.  I think an invasion where we got beat would stun this administration for weeks, months.  

I can legitimately see the Chinese tell the world "We did it.  Deal with it." and take the gamble the West doesn't have the stomach for an invasion of their own.  

Perhaps PLA General Li Zuocheng will reciprocate and undermine President Xi by making a call to his good friend U.S. Army General and Chief of Staff Mark Milley and warn him in advance of any impending Chinese attack on Taiwan?  But I'm thinking that's unlikely.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting results ?

DETERRENCE: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster.

“Well, there has been no shift,” Psaki told reporters on Friday. “The President was not announcing any change in our policy nor has he made a decision to change our policy. There is no change in our policy.”

In fact, there was a change. Biden’s definitive statement was a stark departure from America’s decades-old policy of “strategic ambiguity,” the policy of telling neither Beijing nor Taipei what the U.S. would do in the case of imminent conflict.

There are now two causes for concern. First, Biden, as Commander-in-Chief, makes foreign policy. The Constitution does not give that power to Psaki, Price, or Austin. Beijing may wonder—as should Americans and others—if Biden is still in charge.

Second, the instant clarifications undermine deterrence. Biden’s statement was clear and unambiguous, a warning to Beijing. The clarifications, on the other hand, tell China the United States is not committing itself to defend Taiwan.

The walk-back statements could lead Beijing to believe there are disagreements inside the Biden administration and in a crisis, some officials would try to override the President to block an American defense of Taiwan.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/10/gordon-chang-joe-bidens-taiwan-policy-is-now-a-total-disaster/

Our “elites” decided that a senescent near-octogenarian — who was constantly wrong and/or lying even when he was in full possession of his faculties — was just what the country needed, so here we are.  by Stephen Green

Edited by B-Man

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 7:53 AM, Tiberius said:

Have you been to the Middle East/Arab world? Chop chop square is an interesting place. If you have not been there, go check it out, then come on back and tell us all if you think the Saudis will truly change. They may give a few crumbs to keep their monarch in tact, but their religious police rule the roost. The same regime that whacked a guy in their embassy in Turkey for speaking out against their tyranny. 

Edited by billsfan_34

8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Have you been to the Middle East/Arab world? Chop chop square is an interesting place. If you have not been there, go check it out, then come on back and tell us all if you think the Saudis will truly change. They may give a few crumbs to keep their monarch in tact, but their religious police rule the roost. The same regime that whacked a guy in their embassy in Turkey for speaking out against their tyranny. 

Mississippi changed. It was an apartheid state but we changed that 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, you are just very ignorant. Very ignorant. Are you a racist? 

You're comparing a US state to countries in the Middle East and I'm the ignorant one?  Holy crap dude.  You've lost it.

And I have no idea where the racist comment comes from.  :huh:

Carry on Ignoramus Boy!  

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Mississippi changed. It was an apartheid state but we changed that 

Well that is an interesting deflection 🤣

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What??   

Absurd post of the decade right there folks.  

Exactly- “you cannot fix stupid” (Ron White).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You're comparing a US state to countries in the Middle East and I'm the ignorant one?  Holy crap dude.  You've lost it.

And I have no idea where the racist comment comes from.  :huh:

Carry on Ignoramus Boy!  

Oh, the go to “you are a racist”. Comical. I served 21 years in the Corps with all walks of life, and we all loved eachother like brothers and sisters. No one gave a ***** about skin color, just that we were damn proud Marines and love our country. Ive been called a racist for not agreeing with peoples insane ideology yet I have not one racist bone in my body. This dude is sick and twisted. Probably never left his home state or travelled anywhere meaningful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Oh, the go to “you are a racist”. Comical. I served 21 years in the Corps with all walks of life, and we all loved eachother like brothers and sisters. No one gave a ***** about skin color, just that we were damn proud Marines and love our country. Ive been called a racist for not agreeing with peoples insane ideology yet I have not one racist bone in my body. This dude is sick and twisted. Probably never left his home state or travelled anywhere meaningful.

Thanks for your service.  Don't worry certain posters always pull the race card when cornered by their otherwise empty argument.  Take it as vindication that you've won.  

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Thanks for your service.  Don't worry certain posters always pull the race card when cornered by their otherwise empty argument.  Take it as vindication that you've won.  

My pleasure, and trust me I dont. To me, it is funny. The OP likes to stir the pot like the 5 percent loud mouth lefties do.

• Agree 2