Is Russell Wilson The Next QB To Be On The Move - Tensions Seem To Be Growing

H2o

With the cap situation being what it is, a guy like Allen Robinson, who may not get the long term deal he deserves, should consider GB on a 1-year deal.  Barring injury, he's guaranteed to put up the best numbers of his career, likely appear in a Super Bowl and be a free agent again next season at age 28.

I don't see a negative.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

With the cap situation being what it is, a guy like Allen Robinson, who may not get the long term deal he deserves, should consider GB on a 1-year deal.  Barring injury, he's guaranteed to put up the best numbers of his career, likely appear in a Super Bowl and be a free agent again next season at age 28.

I don't see a negative.

NFC is going to be really interesting next year.

I hope Brady stays healthy and makes the playoffs, so someone can beat him in a playoff game and add to his legacy as a QB. 

To be the man, you've got to beat the man. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL....these takes.  

Seattle stunk for 4 years before Wilson showed up.  Since then, the Seahawks have never had a losing season and won at least 10 games in 8 of 9 years, going to the playoffs in all 8 of those and back to back SBs with a ring. 

Other Seattle stars have come and gone, yet he has still carried that team.  In 2017, he scored 37 of the teams 38 TDs.  This season he threw 40 TDs on 13 Ints and, with a crap D, got them to 12-4 in one of only 2 Divisions with only one team with a losing record.

He's tired of getting pummeled (after 9 years of it) and now....he's a "prima donna"?  lol

Don’t dispute what he has done for the team.  Not at all.  Carried them pretty much since he got here.  If it wasn’t for a pass instead of run in the SB, they probably would have won that game.  Albeit, he did toss the int.

When I say primma donna, it’s more towards his off the field stuff. 

Wanting out?  Would prefer players do it the way Watt did and discuss with management in private.  Did he try to do it behind the scenes?  Not sure.  Did Watson?  Pretty sure he tried and then went public.

I guess I wonder what went wrong since 2019 when he signed a 4 year 140 million dollar contract, with a 65 million dollar signing bonus and 107 million in guarantees?

Deshaun for Wilson and a pick?

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't see a negative.

Why not Buffalo if we cut Brown?

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Don’t dispute what he has done for the team.  Not at all.  Carried them pretty much since he got here.  If it wasn’t for a pass instead of run in the SB, they probably would have won that game.  Albeit, he did toss the int.

When I say primma donna, it’s more towards his off the field stuff. 

Wanting out?  Would prefer players do it the way Watt did and discuss with management in private.  Did he try to do it behind the scenes?  Not sure.  Did Watson?  Pretty sure he tried and then went public.

I guess I wonder what went wrong since 2019 when he signed a 4 year 140 million dollar contract, with a 65 million dollar signing bonus and 107 million in guarantees?

“off the field stuff”? ..like the stuff that got him named NFL  Man-of the Year?

“what happened” is Shottenheimer getting fired with no heads up to Russ by Carrol and Wilson took that hard.  They were tight.   He wants to be involved in hiring the next guy.  Also, he’s simply said he wants to win and therefore be involved in roster moves that will help that goal.

Unlike Watson, Wilson has never said he “wants out” of Seattle.  In fact, he said “hopefully I’ll play in Seattle forever”.

Typical prima Donna stuff there, right?

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm kind of glad that star QBs are able to put teams feet to the fire. 

As much as I delight in dumping on "MVP" Rodgers (and I do) Green Bay has criminally mismanaged that roster. They have an NFC title Game every year (which they lose) and just need some talent to get over the hump, and they burn prime picks on a freaking QB who they don't even want to play for several years?

They couldn't have used another offensive weapon vs Tampa?

Or a defensive weapon, let's be clear.  GB offense #1, Defense #13

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL....these takes.  

Seattle stunk for 4 years before Wilson showed up.  Since then, the Seahawks have never had a losing season and won at least 10 games in 8 of 9 years, going to the playoffs in all 8 of those and back to back SBs with a ring. 

Other Seattle stars have come and gone, yet he has still carried that team.  In 2017, he scored 37 of the teams 38 TDs.  This season he threw 40 TDs on 13 Ints and, with a crap D, got them to 12-4 in one of only 2 Divisions with only one team with a losing record.

He's tired of getting pummeled (after 9 years of it) and now....he's a "prima donna"?  lol

I didn't call him a prima donna .

I said if you don't like being hit throw the damned ball Russ.

He gets hit a lot  because he is holding the ball to long trying to make a hero play.

The Bills D made him look very ordinary and almost single handedly took him out of MVP consideration :)

On 2/12/2021 at 7:46 AM, Mr. WEO said:

That article proves that is Harbaughs opinion, not fact.  Even if you go back to the previous season before Harbaugh said that, Watson was 3rd in the NFL at 2.9 seconds (same as Josh).  Wilson was in the middle of the pack for 2019 for Time to Throw.

For 2020. Mayfield  held the ball the longest (3.05).  Right behind him....Josh Allen (3.04).  Wilson was 4th at 2.97.  Way back at 11 was Watson (2.85). 

It doesn't change the fact that Wilson and Watson take a lot of hits at their own doing. We all know Josh does. 

On 2/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, JMF2006 said:

I didn't call him a prima donna .

I said if you don't like being hit throw the damned ball Russ.

He gets hit a lot  because he is holding the ball to long trying to make a hero play.

The Bills D made him look very ordinary and almost single handedly took him out of MVP consideration :)

Nah, that was the Rams the next week.  

It's already been disproven that his time to throw isn't nearly the worst in the league.  Josh is a leader in holding the ball past 2 years, yet his hero balling doesn't lead to as many sack, because in general, he has better protection.

20 hours ago, H2o said:

It doesn't change the fact that Wilson and Watson take a lot of hits at their own doing. We all know Josh does. 

Some QBs under duress take quick sacks.  Some toss it away quick and surrender the down.  Some throw for 40 TDs.