Is Russell Wilson The Next QB To Be On The Move - Tensions Seem To Be Growing

H2o

On 2/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, Mr. WEO said:

How many SB contender caliber teams right now are looking for a Franchise QB?  

Which of them are better (roster) than, say, Seattle or Green Bay?

this is potentially a weird off season with QB moves.

teams possibly trading for a QB...

Indy

chi

SF

miami

new england

houston

washington

denver

dallas

Vegas

Seattle

who could trade a qb 

philly

Seattle 

houston

dallas

Miami 

vegas

chicago

jets

jacksonville

10 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I can see why both these guys are unhappy. They've taken more sacks than Michael Sam.

Again, it has been discussed about how Wilson holds the ball too long and the drops he takes that take him away from the would be pocket. Watson holds onto the ball longer than Russ. I'd bet at least 1/4 of these are on the both of them. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/17/john-harbaugh-deshaun-watson-holds-the-ball-longer-than-any-nfl-qb/

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Again, it has been discussed about how Wilson holds the ball too long and the drops he takes that take him away from the would be pocket. Watson holds onto the ball longer than Russ. I'd bet at least 1/4 of these are on the both of them. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/17/john-harbaugh-deshaun-watson-holds-the-ball-longer-than-any-nfl-qb/

That article proves that is Harbaughs opinion, not fact.  Even if you go back to the previous season before Harbaugh said that, Watson was 3rd in the NFL at 2.9 seconds (same as Josh).  Wilson was in the middle of the pack for 2019 for Time to Throw.

For 2020. Mayfield  held the ball the longest (3.05).  Right behind him....Josh Allen (3.04).  Wilson was 4th at 2.97.  Way back at 11 was Watson (2.85). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, ProcessAccepted said:

Watson is in a poorly run organization. He has not said a word of complaint until this year when a promise that clearly was important to him was broken. Watson can earn the same amount or more in a different organization that he trusts. The fact that the Texans aren't trading him just shows that his value to the team.

Wouldn’t letting the QB have input on personnel decisions reinforce the fact they’re a poorly run organization? A big part of the reason they’re in the mess they’re in is BO’B, who also wasn’t qualified, was making personnel decisions. 

15 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I can see why both these guys are unhappy. They've taken more sacks than Michael Sam.

And their style of play is responsible for a good number of those. Wilson admitted as much the other day in his interview. Talked about buying more time to let the deep routes come open so he can make a play down the field. So if we want to erase some of his sacks from the statistics we will also have to take off a number of his big plays and TD's as well. 

Wilson has turned into a prima donna.  Glad we are set at QB and don’t have to hear “git ‘er done”.  

If we needed a QB, wouldn’t take on his salary or pay the cost to trade for him.  Wouldn’t want to mortgage the teams future for him.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

All good. It's the offseason for all of us :thumbsup:

Plus, I dont blame anyone for not wanting to go back into that Watson thread or whatever it's become...

"Hi, I don't know what that thread is currently like 'cuz I haven't been back there and for all I know it's back to discussing Watson but I'll take a shot anyway"

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And their style of play is responsible for a good number of those. Wilson admitted as much the other day in his interview. Talked about buying more time to let the deep routes come open so he can make a play down the field. So if we want to erase some of his sacks from the statistics we will also have to take off a number of his big plays and TD's as well. 

Depends on your definition of “good number.” That number isn’t anywhere near the number of sacks their horrid offensive lines were responsible for.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, JGMcD2 said:

San Francisco (won’t happen for obvious reasons) 

Indianapolis

New Orleans (Cap space will make it nearly impossible) 

Washington, with a QB, would be legit!  They have talent everywhere on both sides of the ball.  Denver is interesting...

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Poor baby has been hit more than any other QB in his 9 years in the league......say hello to David Carr ;) 

Throw the damned ball Russ then you don't get hit ;) 

What a tool.

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Wilson has turned into a prima donna.  Glad we are set at QB and don’t have to hear “git ‘er done”.  

If we needed a QB, wouldn’t take on his salary or pay the cost to trade for him.  Wouldn’t want to mortgage the teams future for him.

LOL....these takes.  

Seattle stunk for 4 years before Wilson showed up.  Since then, the Seahawks have never had a losing season and won at least 10 games in 8 of 9 years, going to the playoffs in all 8 of those and back to back SBs with a ring. 

Other Seattle stars have come and gone, yet he has still carried that team.  In 2017, he scored 37 of the teams 38 TDs.  This season he threw 40 TDs on 13 Ints and, with a crap D, got them to 12-4 in one of only 2 Divisions with only one team with a losing record.

He's tired of getting pummeled (after 9 years of it) and now....he's a "prima donna"?  lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm kind of glad that star QBs are able to put teams feet to the fire. 

As much as I delight in dumping on "MVP" Rodgers (and I do) Green Bay has criminally mismanaged that roster. They have an NFC title Game every year (which they lose) and just need some talent to get over the hump, and they burn prime picks on a freaking QB who they don't even want to play for several years?

They couldn't have used another offensive weapon vs Tampa? 

Meanwhile, you're Aaron Rodgers, reading the Bills message board dreaming of playing for the red, white, and blue, and you have to read posts like mine saying you're the paper tiger because your team can't build around you and tries to cheap out at every turn and rely 100% on you to carry them.

And when you don't it's because YOU come up short while grandpa in Tampa is so incredible and superhuman. 

I could see how that would get REALLY old for guys like Wilson and Rodgers.

BTW... Rodgers is a choker. There, had to say it one more time!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

As much as I delight in dumping on "MVP" Rodgers (and I do) Green Bay has criminally mismanaged that roster. They have an NFC title Game every year (which they lose) and just need some talent to get over the hump, and they burn prime picks on a freaking QB who they don't even want to play for several years?

Meanwhile, you're Aaron Rodgers, reading the Bills message board dreaming of playing for the red, white, and blue, and you have to read posts like mine saying you're the paper tiger because your team can't build around you and tries to cheap out at every turn and rely 100% on you to carry them.

And when you don't it's because YOU come up short while grandpa in Tampa is so incredible and superhuman. 

I could see how that would get REALLY old for guys like Wilson and Rodgers.

BTW... Rodgers is a choker. There, had to say it one more time!

How great would it be if Rodgers referenced this post during his next appearance on the Pac McAfee show?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Spot on!  Russell and Aaron could be doing exactly what Brady and Mahomes are doing if their front offices put the pieces around them that they need.  It's that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brady is a big part of this.

These young guys want rings, because they play in an era where an old guy gets talked about as being super human for playing on an all-star team while they are being pummeled on a weekly basis and have 1 WR to throw to and mediocre defenses. 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Spot on!  Russell and Aaron could be doing exactly what Brady and Mahomes are doing if their front offices put the pieces around them that they need.  It's that simple. 

Well, maybe not Aaron... LOL 

Nobody has gotten more mileage out of 1 ring than him. that said Brady only had 3 at age 37. But there's that pesky NFC title Game in the way.... 

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

And it's not just that the Front Offices are doing it for them. Brady has DIRECT influence on players being signed (see: Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski). He says "Go get my friends" and they bring them in.

That is more control than Watson or Wilson or Rodgers have ever asked for.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

And it's not just that the Front Offices are doing it for them. Brady has DIRECT influence on players being signed (see: Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski). He says "Go get my friends" and they bring them in.

That is more control than Watson or Wilson or Rodgers have ever asked for.

I think Rodgers would settle for another capable WR at this point. 

Hard to win a team game when you don't have the horses. 

• Like (+1) 1