Stefon Diggs on Radio Row 2/4

YoloinOhio

I love this guy. Eloquent, highly motivated, leader for young players and a flat out winner. This guy was the most influential acquisition the Bills have made since  Cornelius Bennett. He makes everyone better. Give me another Diggs or two and coupled with JA17, we wish dominate any defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Stefon Diggs on Radio Row 2/4

I think Diggs did alot for Allen's confidence. It was definitely both of them that made a difference this year, but I think Diggs gave Allen some swagger and encouraged him to be the vocal leader. 

Not saying Allen can't do it without him now, but Diggs was instrumental to it. Hopefully they stick together though.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

My premise is that if you want to prove you can be an effective running team (when you need to grind out the clock, give your D a break, get a critical 1st down, in the RZ etc), then we need to do it on a more frequent basis.

Why?

We ran an average of 25 plays a game.  Why do you feel we need to run more than that to "prove we can be an effective running team"?

I don't think the problem is needing to run on a more frequent basis.  I think the problem is needing to run more effectively when we do run (and if it were more effective, honestly, we would probably get more offensive plays - we're only 15th in the league for that.

Simply saying it and doing it on a few occasions is not adequate. Secondly, our run pass ratio ranking is #11 (just below KC) but we had to pass close to 70% of the time in the playoffs as opposed to 61.7% overall. This has to change starting with the regular season.

I agree that we needed to be able to run more in the playoffs, but the thing that was wrong during the regular season isn't volume of run plays, it's that we weren't able to execute run plays effectively against the best OLs.  Well, guess which teams tend to show up in the playoffs - the ones with the best lines, most likely.

Your last para is a good example of effective running but there is no magical switch. We have to run on a consistent basis with more runs sprinkled into the overall O game plan. Else next season, teams are going to look at our 3 Playoff games and devise an effective plan to neutralize the O. 

With the exception of a couple games, like the Seasnakes where we came out slinging and never stopped, do you have any examples you'd like to point at?

Because my impression is that, again, aside from a few games where we set out to be run heavy or set out to be pass heavy, we did try to mix in the run.  We just couldn't do it very effectively.  Not sure how changing the game plan to do more of something you can't do effectively helps.

The help is to do it more effectively, which is a function of 1) having players who can execute 2) sufficient emphasis in preseason and weekly practice

• Like (+1) 1

How angry are MN fans watching them jettison Diggs, the love he is getting, and outperformed every WR in the league.  He’s such an addition to this team.  I don’t see every team copying the Chiefs for a couple of reasons.  First, most teams don’t have the talent to do what the Chiefs did in the game.  Second, during the regular season those DB’s would’ve been flagged throughout the game, and third, basically we had one WR with an abdomen injury, one had a broken leg, and another two had bad knees/ankles.

Now, i know a lot of players in the playoffs a bunch of guys are playing hurt, but it was our entire unit.

• Like (+1) 3

I think talent aside, the thing that sticks out with the Diggs/Allen relationship, is that it starts with their desire to win. They both have it by the bucketful.

2nd best, simply isn't good enough for either of them, and they recognise that in each other.

I've watched all the interviews, and there are little things in all of them, that simply show how well they get on.

The one that made me smile the most, I think is in the PFT one. Diggs is talking about having to run multiple routes when Allen goes a'scrambling. The coaches keep on about going in the same direction as Josh is moving, as they don't want him throwing across his body. At the end of it, after much 'yes coach, yes coach', as they are breaking up, Josh gives a little smile and wink to Diggs, to tell him that if it happens, he'll get the ball to him.