Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Wireless refuelling lol

Not really.  It just means that driving, as we know it, will have to change.  The same was true before the automobile made mobility so easy.  If you are going to go longer distances, you are going to need to allow more time for re-charging breaks, or take other forms of transportation (planes, trains, etc.).  You aren't going to make this change without some inconvenience, but we are quite capable of doing it right now. We already have the technology.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not really.  It just means that driving, as we know it, will have to change.  The same was true before the automobile made mobility so easy.  If you are going to go longer distances, you are going to need to allow more time for re-charging breaks, or take other forms of transportation (planes, trains, etc.).  You aren't going to make this change without some inconvenience, but we are quite capable of doing it right now. We already have the technology.

The big money interest in Washington only need you to have a car capable of getting to work and back so you can create some more wealth for them with your labor.  In all likelihood your convenience and family trips were probably never even brought up in the conversation.  #realtalk

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

The big money interest in Washington only need you to have a car capable of getting to work and back so you can create some more wealth for them with your labor.  In all likelihood your convenience and family trips were probably never even brought up in the conversation.  #realtalk

You seem to want to go off on some big-money tangent. I do not. Everything cannot possibly be a conspiracy!  We don't need any of this Green New Deal crap.  Just pass the regulation and get on with it.  Industries of all kinds have been adjusting for decades.

You seem to want to go off on some big-money tangent. I do not. Everything cannot possibly be a conspiracy!  We don't need any of this Green New Deal crap.  Just pass the regulation and get on with it.  Industries of all kinds have been adjusting for decades.

Money controlling Washington isn't a conspiracy.  It's as real as real gets.  When talking politics, there's no way to get around that fact.  The notion that green new deal is the problem is the actual problem.  They get people hating the term, then they don't have to discuss the issue.  Same with defund the police, etc.  If they roll all the issues into a catch phrase, then the catch phrase dismisses all the issues.  Neat trick

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Switching gears (pardon the pun), if the Biden Administration really wants to get Americans off of fossil fuels why not start by simply regulating it so the auto companies can no longer make and sell gas powered vehicles by a certain date/year?  Let's say 2026....five years from now.  Why do anything else?  What is all the federal spending for?  Gas powered cars will slowly fade away.  After all they don't last forever.  We already have time tested electric car technology. The government passes new regulations on auto safety and emissions all the time (miles per gallon, air bags, seat belts, etc.)...what's the problem here? Just require the auto industry to change.  Next crisis?

Have you been asleep here in CA?  We already have the mandate. 

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Simple answer.

They would be voted out.............and they need that power.

Or recalled. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

california doesn't have to fear mandates the way Washington does, though.  They've been mandating everything for years, and they don't fear it politically near as much

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Or recalled. 

I'm far from asleep. I'm asking why do we know ANY of this Green New Deal spending?  Just pass the regulation and let everything else take care of itself.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s my motivation, as the consumer, to change?  Because government said so doesn’t cut it.  The infrastructure required to make electric vehicles viable would be HUGE!  

I'm far from asleep. I'm asking why do we know ANY of this Green New Deal spending?  Just pass the regulation and let everything else take care of itself.

I truly hope you’re being sarcastic. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

What’s my motivation, as the consumer, to change?  Because government said so doesn’t cut it.  The infrastructure required to make electric vehicles viable would be HUGE!  

I truly hope you’re being sarcastic. 

Trust me there is no sarcasm intended here whatsoever. Yes, the fueling station changes 'could be' huge, but those are not provided by government.  The road is, but not the fueling stations!  The roads don't need to change.  What's the federal spending for? 

And what's my motivation as a consumer?  Easy, there won't be any gas powered cars on the showroom floor.  You don't see any coal burning refrigerators either, do you? 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trust me there is no sarcasm intended here whatsoever. Yes, the fueling station changes 'could be' huge, but those are not provided by government.  The road is, but not the fueling stations!  The roads don't need to change.  What's the federal spending for? 

And what's my motivation as a consumer?  Easy, there won't be any gas powered cars on the showroom floor.  You don't see any coal burning refrigerators either, do you? 

Ummmm many refrigerators are powered by coal. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Switching gears (pardon the pun), if the Biden Administration really wants to get Americans off of fossil fuels why not start by simply regulating it so the auto companies can no longer make and sell gas powered vehicles by a certain date/year?  Let's say 2026....five years from now.  Why do anything else?  What is all the federal spending for?  Gas powered cars will slowly fade away.  After all they don't last forever.  We already have time tested electric car technology. The government passes new regulations on auto safety and emissions all the time (miles per gallon, air bags, seat belts, etc.)...what's the problem here? Just require the auto industry to change.  Next crisis?

I’m fine with it. You do know the oil market is the only jenga block holding this US economy’s world standing up? 

not exports, but trade of oil in the global currency... dollars. 

It might be good to rip off the band aid, but how different is Armageddon from succumbing to Chinese and Russian world dominance? I suppose it’s inevitable too and there might be some class mobility in Asia too. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m fine with it. You do know the oil market is the only jenga block holding this US economy’s world standing up? 

It might be good to rip off the band aid, but how different is Armageddon from succumbing to Chinese and Russian world dominance? I suppose it’s inevitable too and there might be some class mobility in Asia too. 

Well, we can always do our transactions in a speculative currency based on nothing, what could go wrong?  #Bitcoin

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

To put a finer point on the discussion, I’m not advocating for this switch. I’m asking why we need to get involved in global agreements, or tax the crap out of everyone, or go deeper into debt as a nation to put it into place. If this is indeed so critical for our survival as a species then just lead the way with the regulations and let the rest take care of itself through the marketplace of competition, ideas and ingenuity. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

On this episode of The Federalist Radio Hour, Federalist Western Correspondent Tristan Justice joins Culture Editor Emily Jashinsky to discuss his recent reporting in New Mexico on how the Biden administration’s anti-oil and gas policies are causing anxiety in the state.

“There is a dynamic of bipartisan recognition that the Biden administration’s policies to delay, if not outright ban, new leases down the road is possibly going to present a big problem for the state,” Justice said.

“The governor has already requested some type of waiver to this potential leasing ban, but environmentalists have already taken over Santa Fe.”

“New Mexico is a blue state now and the people in the industry spoke about how antagonistic that their own state government has already been that there is an exodus of producers going from New Mexico to Texas,” Justice said. 

Overregulation exacerbates the problem and the people who work and live in oil and gas communities, Justice said.

“If the Democrats and progressives just regulate oil to death, the oil is not going to dry up underneath but the money absolutely will, and so will these communities in Southeast New Mexico,” he said. 

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

On this episode of The Federalist Radio Hour, Federalist Western Correspondent Tristan Justice joins Culture Editor Emily Jashinsky to discuss his recent reporting in New Mexico on how the Biden administration’s anti-oil and gas policies are causing anxiety in the state.

“There is a dynamic of bipartisan recognition that the Biden administration’s policies to delay, if not outright ban, new leases down the road is possibly going to present a big problem for the state,” Justice said.

“The governor has already requested some type of waiver to this potential leasing ban, but environmentalists have already taken over Santa Fe.”

“New Mexico is a blue state now and the people in the industry spoke about how antagonistic that their own state government has already been that there is an exodus of producers going from New Mexico to Texas,” Justice said. 

Overregulation exacerbates the problem and the people who work and live in oil and gas communities, Justice said.

“If the Democrats and progressives just regulate oil to death, the oil is not going to dry up underneath but the money absolutely will, and so will these communities in Southeast New Mexico,” he said. 

Southeast New Mexico is mostly Republican.

The Democrats running the state don't care what happens to conservative rural communities.

• Agree 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, SoCal Deek said:

To put a finer point on the discussion, I’m not advocating for this switch. I’m asking why we need to get involved in global agreements, or tax the crap out of everyone, or go deeper into debt as a nation to put it into place. If this is indeed so critical for our survival as a species then just lead the way with the regulations and let the rest take care of itself through the marketplace of competition, ideas and ingenuity. 

Because the corporate financial institutions have been pushing for carbon taxes credits for year's so they can create and run trading markets and make a bundle of cash off the idea of buying and selling carbon credits.  They've been on the financial networks discussing the idea and they're drooling out of their mouths with excitement over the chance for this to happen.  And globalists love the idea because it provides them another vehicle for un-elected and unaccountable of control over sovereign nations and their citizens.  Governments and bureaucrats love it because more taxes means more programs and more power.  The 99.9% that comprise working people and the ordinary citizens of the world get to pay more taxes that suck more money out of their pockets and pollution levels remain the same. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because the corporate financial institutions have been pushing for carbon taxes credits for year's so they can create and run trading markets and make a bundle of cash off the idea of buying and selling carbon credits.  They've been on the financial networks discussing the idea and they're drooling out of their mouths with excitement over the chance for this to happen.  And globalists love the idea because it provides them another vehicle for un-elected and unaccountable of control over sovereign nations and their citizens.  Governments and bureaucrats love it because more taxes means more programs and more power.  The 99.9% that comprise working people and the ordinary citizens of the world get to pay more taxes that suck more money out of their pockets and pollution levels remain the same. 

In a nutshell!