Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

40 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Just like the Dot Com Bust. E-commerce, that will never work! But seriously, internet speed and software development was about 10 years behind the desire to shift sales online. 

Another way to look at it, it took an entire floor to house a main frame computer with 10KB storage capacity 60 years ago. Now our phone can hold TB's.

Solar and battery power will advance rapidly with investment. It's not the only energy of the future, but I wouldn't bet against it. 

sure but my thought is different. I just want to know which cronies are getting lobbed free federal money as a political favor so I can try to hit the stock right for a quick gain off of the rampant corruption. I wouldn’t bet against any technology, other than it’s unlikely to be developed here as Asia is hungry and focusing on STEM in school while my kids are busy reflecting on their privilege and watching the ascent of people to stardom for putting gorilla glue in their hair on tictoc. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last post on this particular topic i noticed when i filled my gas tank that the cost is up almost a full dollar from a little over 3 months ago the extra money put on the cost of the gas must be for Joe to figure out how to get the country to go green i'm guessing .

$61 dollars to fill up just the other day last year it was like $45 to fill my tank . I don't know the exact reason but i'm sure some one here will tell me .

• 2 weeks later...

The Green New Deal is too expensive? 

But who will attack windmills? Saudi Arabia: Help us!!! 

(Bloomberg) -- Saudi Arabia is seeking more help from the U.S. to defend its oil facilities, underscoring the kingdom’s concern about recent missile and drone strikes that it’s linked to arch-rival Iran.

The requests were put to President Joe Biden’s administration since January, according to a Saudi official, who asked not to be named as the matter is private. Saudi Arabia is also asking other allies for support to thwart almost-daily attacks on cities and towns, the official said.

On Sunday, the Saudi navy began drills in the Persian Gulf to enhance the security of “vital installations” and oil fields, and secure freedom of navigation in the region’s waters, the official Saudi Press Agency said. Saudi Aramco, the state oil company, will take part, according to SPA.

The military exercises follow three attacks on Aramco sites this month alone. On Friday, Yemen’s Houthi rebels, who are backed by Iran, said they were responsible for drones and missiles that targeted a 120,000-barrel-a-day refinery in Riyadh, the Saudi capital. They also claimed strikes on the world’s biggest oil-export terminal of Ras Tanura and on a fuel depot in Jeddah.

Intercepted

Saudi officials said their air-defense systems and fighter jets intercepted the projectiles used in all the attacks, preventing them from causing substantial damage. Amin Nasser, Aramco’s chief executive officer, said on Sunday the incidents haven’t impacted the company and that it will continue to supply petroleum to customers around the world “under any scenario.”

Still, oil analysts have said the risk of a major crisis in the Gulf is rising.

“We are one incident away from a major conflagration,” said Helima Croft, head of commodity strategy at RBC Capital Markets. “If one of these drone or ballistic-missile attacks results in significant civilian casualties, it could potentially lead to a more direct confrontation between the Saudis and the Iranians.”

On 3/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, T master said:

Since my last post on this particular topic i noticed when i filled my gas tank that the cost is up almost a full dollar from a little over 3 months ago the extra money put on the cost of the gas must be for Joe to figure out how to get the country to go green i'm guessing .

$61 dollars to fill up just the other day last year it was like $45 to fill my tank . I don't know the exact reason but i'm sure some one here will tell me .

Oil companies trying to make the people's party look bad? 

On 3/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, T master said:

Massive supply glut because the world stopped driving their cars a year ago. Oil prices were briefly negative!!

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The Green New Deal is too expensive? 

But who will attack windmills? Saudi Arabia: Help us!!! 

Oil companies trying to make the people's party look bad? 

Number 3 now that's a classic !!

Wasn't the New Green Deal AOC's baby adopted by some of her constituents ? 

Always putting the blame on some one or something else never putting on your big boy pants and admitting something could be wrong with the thought or actions taken !

And gas prices are continuing to rise $1.00 & counting where i live ... 

You each have the ability to do something tangible for the planet. Just go ahead and do it already! You don’t need to wait for complicated Climate Accords or Green New Deals to make it happen. For example: Is your home solar powered? Do you live close to where you work? These two simple steps alone will do more for the planet than everything else you can do combined. When you’ve done them...get back to me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Number 3 now that's a classic !!

Wasn't the New Green Deal AOC's baby adopted by some of her constituents ? 

Always putting the blame on some one or something else never putting on your big boy pants and admitting something could be wrong with the thought or actions taken !

And gas prices are continuing to rise $1.00 & counting where i live ... 

So you like being hooked to Saudi Arabias oil? I'll take a Green New Deal over being tied to those monsters any day. How many people starved today in Yemen because of the Saudi blockade? 

Ya, but going green is evil 

Prices at the pump are on the rise, driven higher by oil prices hitting $60 per barrel, a surge of economic optimism, restraint from US frackers and unprecedented production cuts by OPEC and Russia. The energy rally has been further boosted by predictions on Wall Street of a new oil "supercycle."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/business/gas-prices-oil/index.html

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you like being hooked to Saudi Arabias oil? I'll take a Green New Deal over being tied to those monsters any day. How many people starved today in Yemen because of the Saudi blockade? 

So then you agree that becoming energy independent would be the best thing to take the power away from those ‘monsters’. Great! Can we get back to the work on creating energy in North America?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We are hooked more on Saudi oil now than last year because of certain changes that have come about .

A little over 2 months ago gas was $1.00 a gallon cheaper than it is today there was a pipe line that WAS being built to bring more oil here to keep America more energy independent which by doing so kept the oil prices and the Saudi's in check and it had been that way for about 2 yrs and the change to more renewable energy sources could have been a bit more cost effective and easier on the American people .

Just ask those folks in Texas how they feel about green renewable energy after the freeze a month or so ago i bet they will be on your side with the Green New Deal .

Not to mention one thing all the folks forget about is Electricity has to be made some how and they sure aren't going to just shut down the power plants that are making it now so they will still need fossil fuels for a while unless another executive order is used to just shut them down like the one that was done for the southern border with no alternative plan put in place before making it so .

But like they are all saying that's not their fault but when you put the cart before the horse that's what happens .

The Yemen thing well most of all of that has been brought on by their President (or what ever he is) and people have been and will be dying there until he is gone .

It's amazing how so much can change in such a short time and people think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread go figure ...

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You each have the ability to do something tangible for the planet. Just go ahead and do it already! You don’t need to wait for complicated Climate Accords or Green New Deals to make it happen. For example: Is your home solar powered? Do you live close to where you work? These two simple steps alone will do more for the planet than everything else you can do combined. When you’ve done them...get back to me. 

😂 

you silly person... that’s not how the liberal mind works.  The government should:

- make other people and companies pay more taxes, not them

- make other people and companies live more green, have a smaller carbon footprint eat vegan, not them

my sister in law is a great example of this. Card carrying liberal environmentalist. Staunch democrat. Constantly judges people for doing things unwoke or anything they do that is bad for the environment. 

Also, drives a jeep, the 4 door suv sized one, sends my nephew to elite rich kid private school, has a summer beach house and Boston suburb (the least diverse place I’ve ever seen) house and whose husband is a partner in HR law firm that represents corporations against employees. 

textbook 

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

😂

you silly person... that’s not how the liberal mind works.  The government should:

- make other people and companies pay more taxes, not them

- make other people and companies live more green, have a smaller carbon footprint eat vegan, not them

my sister in law is a great example of this. Card carrying liberal environmentalist. Staunch democrat. Constantly judges people for doing things unwoke or anything they do that is bad for the environment. 

Also, drives a jeep, the 4 door suv sized one, sends my nephew to elite rich kid private school, has a summer beach house and Boston suburb (the least diverse place I’ve ever seen) house and whose husband is a partner in HR law firm that represents corporations against employees. 

textbook 

We apparently share a sister-in-law! Who knew? Honestly, my experience has been pretty much the same. When asked if they themselves are doing the simple things I mentioned above, they make excuses for why not. My house has been solar powered for over a decade and I live within five miles of my office. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

We apparently share a sister-in-law! Who knew? Honestly, my experience has been pretty much the same. When asked if they themselves are doing the simple things I mentioned above, they make excuses for why not. My house has been solar powered for over a decade and I live within five miles of my office. 

then you hear about guy like Tibs who talk green then buy chain saws, aweful for the environment with 2 cycle fuel and of course cutting down trees and a boat which significant water and air polluters on the list. It’s just a flock of theifs, liars, hypocrites and grandstanders. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

then you hear about guy like Tibs who talk green then buy chain saws, aweful for the environment with 2 cycle fuel and of course cutting down trees and a boat which significant water and air polluters on the list. It’s just a flock of theifs, liars, hypocrites and grandstanders. 

Well to honest, Tibs said he had a sailboat.  And if he uses the chainsaw infrequently, which I assume he does, then that's not terribly bad.  Everything should be compared to what you personally would do as an alternative....not to some ideal life style.  Put another way: Ask what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you.  (Unfortunately, that messaging died with President Kennedy.)

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well to honest, Tibs said he had a sailboat.  And if he uses the chainsaw infrequently, which I assume he does, then that's not terribly bad.  Everything should be compared to what you personally would do as an alternative....not to some ideal life style.  Put another way: Ask what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you.  (Unfortunately, that messaging died with President Kennedy.)

spent two decades around sailboats. They spend a lot of time acting as slow motorboats. But recreational vehicles with motors on them are sure not green. 

and saws and axes don’t use any oil based products. 

again I’ve got no problem with owning those things, but don’t pretend to be on the side that climate change is the biggest crisis to humanity the world has ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

spent two decades around sailboats. They spend a lot of time acting as slow motorboats. But recreational vehicles with motors on them are sure not green. 

and saws and axes don’t use any oil based products. 

again I’ve got no problem with owning those things, but don’t pretend to be on the side that climate change is the biggest crisis to humanity the world has ever seen. 

Let's now go down a rabbit hole here.  This would be the same as the misguided extremism that we often read on other topics. Nobody is asking, or should be recommending that you completely unplug from the grid.  While I disagree with Tibs on so many topics, I am not going to get on him for owning either a sailboat or a chainsaw.  It's like owning a Prius.  It does very little good if your lifestyle has you driving it 300 miles a day!  Remember, it's not the thing itself....it's how much you use it.