Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let's now go down a rabbit hole here.  This would be the same as the misguided extremism that we often read on other topics. Nobody is asking, or should be recommending that you completely unplug from the grid.  While I disagree with Tibs on so many topics, I am not going to get on him for owning either a sailboat or a chainsaw.  It's like owning a Prius.  It does very little good if your lifestyle has you driving it 300 miles a day!  Remember, it's not the thing itself....it's how much you use it.

Fair. I respect a lot of your points and more importantly your amicable style so I will reflect on this one. Hypocrisy is a hot button issue for me for sure. It’s the top of the list item why both major political parties are deplorable to me. 

And yes, “the tax everyone else more, save the earth, help the poor, get covid relief to those who need it” crowd really show their true colors when using government emergency aid money to buy motorized chain saw and subsidize a recreational boat. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

55 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fair. I respect a lot of your points and more importantly your amicable style so I will reflect on this one. Hypocrisy is a hot button issue for me for sure. It’s the top of the list item why both major political parties are deplorable to me. 

And yes, “the tax everyone else more, save the earth, help the poor, get covid relief to those who need it” crowd really show their true colors when using government emergency aid money to buy motorized chain saw and subsidize a recreational boat. 

Many of the problems we face as a nation stem from the pervasive attitude where people want "someone else" to fix things for them: Illegal Immigration, Climate Change, Student Loans, Reparations, Covid, Social Justice, Pay Their Fair Share.  It's much easier to take that approach.  It's way harder to do something about these things in your daily life.  This country is rapidly going bankrupt and those in charge just keep running up a bill.  One day, the music's gonna stop, and then a whole bunch of people are going to be left without a chair.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Many of the problems we face as a nation stem from the pervasive attitude where people want "someone else" to fix things for them: Illegal Immigration, Climate Change, Student Loans, Reparations, Covid, Social Justice, Pay Their Fair Share.  It's much easier to take that approach.  It's way harder to do something about these things in your daily life.  This country is rapidly going bankrupt and those in charge just keep running up a bill.  One day, the music's gonna stop, and then a whole bunch of people are going to be left without a chair.

That’s the nutshell.  Politicizing caring for the environment is evil and transparent . I teach my family to recycle, minimize waste, don’t pollute or litter, never throw out unspoiled food; (children are starving in the world), realize the excess of wealth and good fortune around them, that clean water and clean air are important and what they can do to support that, that energy is a precious commodity, to empathize with those that are less fortunate.

But then, when the corrupt social engineering party and their sheep step in and steals ever more of our money, leis and pretends to uphold hold any of these values, then literally practice and personally support none, it’s pretty darned annoying at best. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

YOU CAN’T POLISH A TURD

AOC Introduces a New and Improved Green New Deal.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/04/21/aoc-introduces-a-new-and-improved-green-new-deal-n1441641

All this right wing propaganda you post is probably largely funded by big oil, Russian and Saudi interests in oil. 

• Like (+1) 1

What an amazing man that Biden is. Most successful “first 100 days” in history!

IMO, you can’t really have an honest conversation about the environment without first mentioning “meat consumption.”

Nothing else really matters until the “fatties” stop this behavior.

Edited by The Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, Tiberius said:

So you like being hooked to Saudi Arabias oil? I'll take a Green New Deal over being tied to those monsters any day. How many people starved today in Yemen because of the Saudi blockade? 

Ya, but going green is evil 

Water is definitely the biggest issue. It takes something like 100 gallons just to get 1 hamburger on your plate.

Thats factoring in the water used to grow whatever the cow eats and drinks until it’s slaughtered, etc.

Im not a huge fan of Bernie but he’s actually right when he talks about environmental refugees. Yemen has been out of water for years. They will have to be relocated. It will also lead to more terrorism since they’re literally starving to death.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Stop telling other people how to live their lives

I don’t hate you because you’re fat.

You’re fat because I hate you. - Mean Girls

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Water is definitely the biggest issue. It takes something like 100 gallons just to get 1 hamburger on your plate.

Thats factoring in the water used to grow whatever the cow eats and drinks until it’s slaughtered, etc.

Im not a huge fan of Bernie but he’s actually right when he talks about environmental refugees. Yemen has been out of water for years. They will have to be relocated. It will also lead to more terrorism since they’re literally starving to death.

lol... sure pal.  Btw Earth is 70% water. This isn’t hard. 

9 minutes ago, The Governor said:

You been drinking out of the ocean again haven’t you?

I haven’t been to San Diego in a few years, so not since then...  I guess in your protein starved b12 deficient state of malaise you are not up to speed on science stuff

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I haven’t been to San Diego in a few years, so not since then...  I guess in your protein starved b12 deficient state of malaise you are not up to speed on science stuff

Food addiction is no joke. IMO, it’s worse than a heroin addiction because it actually kills your body quicker. 

You see all of the same behaviors, excuse making, etc (vitamin lies)that you would see from a heroin addict also. As a nation, we should be treating them exactly the same. America is addicted to bad food.

Edited by The Governor

24 minutes ago, The Governor said:

It takes several inches of loamy topsoil to grow vegetables and vegetables require water which a fair amount of the time comes from irrigation.  Take a drive around WNY and look at the areas that lack several inches of loamy topsoil, lack the ability to irrigate vegetables, or have too short a growing season to grow vegetables.  Growing vegetables in many areas requires insecticides to have a viable crop that does not wind up being a loss.  These are problems that a lot of the world faces.  Japan went to war during the 1930's and 1940's because it could not produce enough food which meant mostly vegetables.  People can complain about digestive intolerances but wheat is the easiest mass produced crop to grow in the world.  Large volume production of wheat and beef is simply a function of adaptability of those two commodities to most areas on Earth rather than a conspiracy perpetrated by rednecks.  

16 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Food addiction is no joke. IMO, it’s worse than a heroin addiction because it actually kills your body quicker. 

You see all of the same behaviors, excuse making, etc (vitamin lies)that you would see from a heroin addict also. As a nation, we should be treating them exactly the same. America is addicted to bad food.

You keep doing your heroin, I’ll stick to my grocery store.

As a nation I don’t want heroin addicts or the government telling me how to live my life. 

Btw why’d you edit out your continuing fattie schtick it was so revealing about you

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It takes several inches of loamy topsoil to grow vegetables and vegetables require water which a fair amount of the time comes from irrigation.  Take a drive around WNY and look at the areas that lack several inches of loamy topsoil, lack the ability to irrigate vegetables, or have too short a growing season to grow vegetables.  Growing vegetables in many areas requires insecticides to have a viable crop that does not wind up being a loss.  These are problems that a lot of the world faces.  Japan went to war during the 1930's and 1940's because it could not produce enough food which meant mostly vegetables.  People can complain about digestive intolerances but wheat is the easiest mass produced crop to grow in the world.  Large volume production of wheat and beef is simply a function of adaptability of those two commodities to most areas on Earth rather than a conspiracy perpetrated by rednecks.  

Beef production needs about 28 times more land than the production of pork or chicken, and requires 11 times more water. 

When you compare it to other food items such as rice, for example, and potatoes or wheat, beef needs 160 times more land, and releases 11 times more greenhouse gases.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Governor said:

Beef production needs about 28 times more land than the production of pork or chicken, and requires 11 times more water. 

When you compare it to other food items such as rice, for example, and potatoes or wheat, beef needs 160 times more land, and releases 11 times more greenhouse gases.

You have missed the point.  Potatoes and rice can not substitute in a vast vast majority of areas in place of cattle.  Poultry outside of subsistence agriculture requires feed concentrates such as corn and soybeans.  Cattle can be grazed in many areas where grain production is not possible or not viable.  What if your government decides to placate a certain portion of the population by reducing pollutants directly caused by you so others can have their steaks and burgers?  You think that cattle is taking land away from other agricultural commodities when in fact cattle is the only viable commodity in many locations on Earth.  Look at the Swiss who greatly rely on cheese produced from cow milk.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You have missed the point.  Potatoes and rice can not substitute in a vast vast majority of areas in place of cattle.  Poultry outside of subsistence agriculture requires feed concentrates such as corn and soybeans.  Cattle can be grazed in many areas where grain production is not possible or not viable.  What if your government decides to placate a certain portion of the population by reducing pollutants directly caused by you so others can have their steaks and burgers?  You think that cattle is taking land away from other agricultural commodities when in fact cattle is the only viable commodity in many locations on Earth.  Look at the Swiss who greatly rely on cheese produced from cow milk.

This is true. Food is really really expensive there as well. 

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It’s the most impactful choice that 1 individual can make if they care about the environment. Not buying a Prius, or recycling, or anything else.

it’s not the 1700’s anymore. The “Swedes” will be fine. 

What’s different today is that other countries like Brazil and China are now eating beef in large amounts. That wasn’t the case 20 years ago. They’re knocking down rainforests now to raise cattle on.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/21/lifestyle-change-eat-less-meat-climate-change

Edited by The Governor
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1