Patrick Mahomes has cleared concussion protocol

HOUSE

6 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

I gotta tell you I used to subscribe to this line of thinking.

I believe we are at the point where CBS would LOVE to have Josh Allen in the Super Bowl as much as Patrick Mahomes.

Allen and the Bills have really captured the American football fan this year and are new and fresh to a lot of fans.

America loves Josh and America is sick of the Ratface. This is a fact.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Shocker.

Underscores the incredible fallacy of the entire concussion protocol.

Or it's a totally reasonable decision based entirely on the medical evidence. No reason to think that's not so. 

It's possible it isn't true, but this decision doesn't underscore anything, really. I mean we don't even know for sure he ever had a concussion. Could've been a sleeper hold type of thing, as reported.

• Eyeroll 1

I’m  unclear why this is a surprise.  They get a baseline concussion e v a l. Before the year.  If a person has a sudden cut off of blood flow or compensated blood flow from one carotid to the other and pinched nerve, it’s very plausible they would look confused, dizzy, and had a gait issue.  Once resolved, they would return to normal function.

Inigo mentioned in another thread and was right the toe is the bigger issue.  I’m not sure if it’s turf toe or another issue, but that can affect his throwing motion, scrambling ability, and although fixable in time, would impede him to a degree Sunday.  There is only so much medication you can give to help that problem.

It doesn’t matter.  It would’ve been a win with an asterick if he didn’t play.  We are good enough to beat these guys.  The media acts like they are unbeatable.  That’s just not true.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Negan said:

Send double A gap blitz Milano and Edmunds early and often

This si going to be a true test on how great Edmunds can be.   He has been having a good playoffs.  Can he elevate himself to be a super star linebacker.

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Josh didn’t look like a drunken sailor trying to stand up. There are different degrees of how bad a concussion is. Both my daughters had one playing soccer, took 5 and 6 weeks to clear a Dr’s review from baseline testing. The NFL protocol is a joke...

Spare me the indignation, Allen was out cold. He cleared the protocol. He played the next week.

Also, depending on how old your daughters were at the time, there’s an entity referred to as malignant brain edema, also known as second impact syndrome, that children and adolescents who experience traumatic brain injury are at increased risk for, which may have accounted for the longer delay in medical clearance. 

Edited by transient
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, stevestojan said:

The brain only matters if you’re a backup or don’t bring ratings. That said, I’m glad he’s better (send 10 on every play on the first drive, his toe is the biggest issue) 

Do that an the first drive will last one play and end in a Chiefs touchdown

8 hours ago, transient said:

Spare me the indignation, Allen was out cold. He cleared the protocol. He played the next week.

Also, depending on how old your daughters were at the time, there’s an entity referred to as malignant brain edema, also known as second impact syndrome, that children and adolescents who experience traumatic brain injury are at increased risk for, which may have accounted for the longer delay in medical clearance. 

Sure thing Dr😂 19 years old and out 6 weeks, no loss of consciousness, no wobbly feet, just a headache. As I said the NFL protocol is a joke, Josh probably shouldn’t have played either.