Buffalo had the hardest path to the Conference Championship, but won't get any credit for it

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually, the Bills aren't really getting the credit the deserve, but I prefer it that way.  All the talk is literally around all 3 teams but the Bills.  Even on PTI the host couldn't get them to talk about the Bills and called them out for it.  The more popular consensus is that if Mahomes plays, Chiefs will go on to win the SB.  Yes, they do agree we probably pose the biggest threat to them, but like 90% of the talk about this upcoming game is around the Chiefs and what is at stake for them.  Just like most the talk after the Ravens game was more about Lamar, Tucker, and the Ravens.  

But for me...I love that they aren't.  I think drives and fuels this team.  They love being over looked, under estimated.  They are hungry and play with a chip on their shoulder.  

For me...I really want Mahomes to play.  I want to dethrone the champs when we win the championship, and if I am really getting my wish, we will go on to face Brady and crush him on the biggest stage.

What is PTI?  Again the places I read and listen and watch this is absolutely not the case.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

What is PTI?  Again the places I read and listen and watch this is absolutely not the case.

Sorry meant Around The Horn where the host Tony Reali called everyone out for just talking about the Ravens even on Bills questions.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry meant Around The Horn where the host Tony Reali called everyone out for just talking about the Ravens even on Bills questions.  

Yea. ESPN. I will say it again..... stop watching ESPN and start consuming decent football analysis and you will see that ESPN is very much the outlier. 

Every example someone gives me of the Bills not getting respect comes back to ESPN. It is trash. Turn it off. Save your money. There are lots of places doing better NFL content for less money.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is the thread with the clip if you want to see it bud

I have seen it. I have no idea who any of those people are. It is an ESPN shouty round table show. 

I am talking about places that cover football properly. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

CBS NFL has picked us to win the AFCCG if Mahomes plays.

It’s insane.

Yea that might well be the case but some no-mark on ESPN said the Bills only won cos Lamar got hurt. So we are being disrespected man.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea. ESPN. I will say it again..... stop watching ESPN and start consuming decent football analysis and you will see that ESPN is very much the outlier. 

Every example someone gives me of the Bills not getting respect comes back to ESPN. It is trash. Turn it off. Save your money. There are lots of places doing better NFL content for less money.

Lol, I cited that from the thread where a host actually called out those sports writers for continuing to focus on Ravens when asked questions about the Bills.  

I get a lot of my content from other places than just ESPN.  But majority of the content I see discussing the upcoming game focuses a lot more on the Chiefs than Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually, the Bills aren't really getting the credit the deserve, but I prefer it that way.  All the talk is literally around all 3 teams but the Bills.  Even on PTI the host couldn't get them to talk about the Bills and called them out for it.  The more popular consensus is that if Mahomes plays, Chiefs will go on to win the SB.  Yes, they do agree we probably pose the biggest threat to them, but like 90% of the talk about this upcoming game is around the Chiefs and what is at stake for them.  Just like most the talk after the Ravens game was more about Lamar, Tucker, and the Ravens.  

But for me...I love that they aren't.  I think drives and fuels this team.  They love being over looked, under estimated.  They are hungry and play with a chip on their shoulder.  

For me...I really want Mahomes to play.  I want to dethrone the champs when we win the championship, and if I am really getting my wish, we will go on to face Brady and crush him on the biggest stage.

I blame the State Farm commercials and decades of GOAT talk. Josh will win them over in time!  :)

We are at the bottom of the list of the remaining teams. The Chiefs are defending Champs, the Packers have Rodgers and the mystique, the Bucs have Brady as the GOAT.  Of course the newcomer small market Bills get the least attention. This is exactly what I’d expect, and I kind of like if this way! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I blame the State Farm commercials and decades of GOAT talk. Josh will win them over in time!  :)

We are at the bottom of the list of the remaining teams. The Chiefs are defending Champs, the Packers have Rodgers and the mystique, the Bucs have Brady as the GOAT.  Of course the newcomer small market Bills get the least attention. This is exactly what I’d expect, and I kind of like if this way! 

Yeah I agree, and I think it fuels the team honestly.  

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Just win man. In 5 years no one will care about story lines or narratives or what ESPN said or didn’t say. The noise is just that.

Yeah - I'd rather not live with that for 5 years. Mahomes needs to play. I think he will. 

It matters, and it should.  

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have seen it. I have no idea who any of those people are. It is an ESPN shouty round table show. 

I am talking about places that cover football properly. 

Yea that might well be the case but some no-mark on ESPN said the Bills only won cos Lamar got hurt. So we are being disrespected man.

Can you believe that some sports outlets are actually talking about teams that AREN’T the Bills? I mean, it’s insane! The rest of these teams suck! The Bills are the only good team left.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, I cited that from the thread where a host actually called out those sports writers for continuing to focus on Ravens when asked questions about the Bills.  

I get a lot of my content from other places than just ESPN.  But majority of the content I see discussing the upcoming game focuses a lot more on the Chiefs than Bills.  

You cited an example from an ESPN shouty show. I give not a monkeys backside what any of those bozos say. They wouldn't know a football if it entered their body through a natural orifice.

So what are the other sources? And don't give me examples of people talking about whether Mahomes plays or not because of course that is the biggest story in town. Where else are you seeing the context of that game not giving the Bills what you consider their dues? 

I am not trying to be an arse here I am genuinely asking because in the last 6 weeks I feel like I have asked this board this question a dozen times and every answer is an ESPN show full of no marks or the clown that is Nick Wright. And frankly who gives a crap what they think? There is not actual analysis or critical thought there.

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Yeah - I'd rather not live with that for 5 years. Mahomes needs to play. I think he will. 

It matters, and it should.  

Omg this is insane. We haven’t made a AFCCG since 1994 and you can’t live with a stupid narrative on sports radio?!????

Did Bills fans get their bodies replaced by Pats fans? What planet are we on?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Omg this is insane. We haven’t made a AFCCG since 1994 and you can’t live with a stupid narrative on sports radio?!????

Did Bills fans get their bodies replaced by Pats fans? What planet are we on?

Actually - that noise would be obnoxious for sure, but much worse,  it would leave doubt in my mind. 

I really hope Mahomes plays.

Just now, inaugural balls said:

Actually - that noise would be obnoxious for sure, but much worse,  it would leave doubt in my mind. 

I really hope Mahomes plays.

Man if Mahomes plays well and we lose, I will hold you personally responsible for this outlandish take.

Just now, FireChans said:

Man if Mahomes plays well and we lose, I will hold you personally responsible for this outlandish take.

If you're the only noise I have to worry about - I'm good. Sounds rather insignificant.

Are you hoping he doesn't play or do you really think it doesn't matter?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Doubt of what nature? 

Am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

If you're the only noise I have to worry about - I'm good. Sounds rather insignificant.

Are you hoping he doesn't play or do you really think it doesn't matter?

Am I missing something here?

I’m hoping he doesn’t play! Are you kidding me bro! 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get where the "they get no credit" narrative comes from. Everyone I watch, read and listen to is giving the Bills a ton of credit and deservedly so. There is that bozzo Nick Wright who likes playing a WWE heel type character but who else isn't giving them credit? 

It comes from decades and decades of being Buffalo.

I don't understand where all the "bring on Mahomes" stuff comes from!  I don't want a fair fight; I want to win this game as easily as possible, or at least go into it with as much chance of winning as possible.

I much prefer Chad Henne, thank you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1