Buffalo had the hardest path to the Conference Championship, but won't get any credit for it

15 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I agree thats really quite nitnpicky- but the original posters post, does have merit in this case.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually, the Bills aren't really getting the credit the deserve, but I prefer it that way.   

But for me...I love that they aren't.  I think drives and fuels this team.  They love being over looked, under estimated.  They are hungry and play with a chip on their shoulder.  

OP has zero merit because it's a fabricated "problem" only for the OP and those who think this stuff is important in any way.

I think there is little chance that Bills players are using the perception that they are not being talked about enough going into this game as any kind of motivation whatsoever.  In order to believe this, you would also have to believe the converse--that nontstop national Bills hype would temper their motivation to win this game....and that would be a just as silly a thing to believe.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's important because the Bills have had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and have one of the best records in the NFL.

And they have had the toughest path to the Conference Championship game.

What don't you get?

So what?  Everyone already can see this.  Why do you need this constant reinforcement of what you already knew?  How does it help you personally?  Why do you crave it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

OP has zero merit because it's a fabricated "problem" only for the OP and those who think this stuff is important in any way.

I think there is little chance that Bills players are using the perception that they are not being talked about enough going into this game as any kind of motivation whatsoever.  In order to believe this, you would also have to believe the converse--that nontstop national Bills hype would temper their motivation to win this game....and that would be a just as silly a thing to believe.

So what?  Everyone already can see this.  Why do you need this constant reinforcement of what you already knew?  How does it help you personally?  Why do you crave it?

Then why did the teams social media team respond to them with videos if we are so off base?

Sorry I dont agree with your take at all.

It's not about us. Its about the team, the players, that we cheer for, not getting the respect they deserve.

Edited by Sharky7337

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

Then why did the teams social media team respond to them with videos if we are so off base?

It's not about us. Its about the team, the players, that we cheer for, not getting the respect they deserve.

Because that's what the "social media team" is paid to do.  Hype is advertising.  It's the team's job to advertise.

This is absolutely about the posters who endlessly post threads about the lack of "national media" respect.  Players are not worrying about any of this right now. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Because that's what the "social media team" is paid to do.  Hype is advertising.  It's the team's job to advertise.

This is absolutely about the posters who endlessly post threads about the lack of "national media" respect.  Players are not worrying about any of this right now. 

Go watch the cowboys game last year what the players were saying after the game they absolutely cared.

"No one believes but we keep winning"

Sorry this is about you and others wanting to critique validity of posts more than other people.

If you dont like the discussion why post? If you ignore it it dies rather quickly

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's important because the Bills have had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and have one of the best records in the NFL.

And they have had the toughest path to the Conference Championship game.

What don't you get?

It's weeks old news

It's been spoken about

and in the end... 

It means nothing if they lose

except an excuse you will cling to.  

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Dude,  You let half a dozen HACKS get in your head.   

Dozens upon dozens of Sports Media professionals HAVE given the Bills and Josh props.  

Pete Prisco for years has been critical of the Bills.  He's now picking the Bills to win most games.  Why?  Because he knows they are good!!! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It amazes me that you remember this stuff. 😲👍

That Raider team was GREAT. I was just a kid and the Raiders vs. Vikings Super Bowl was the biggest bet I have ever made in my life, even to this day. The Raiders were only minus 4 1/2, and they were twice the size of the Vikes. Their receivers were fantastic (including TE Dave Casper) and the had what just might have been the best OL of all time. Stabler was the perfect QB for this bunch of psychos too. Opposing receivers were scared for their life to go over the middle against Tatum and Atkinson. Stabler wrote in his book that he was actually a bit scared of a few of his teammates. 

Were they as good as the Steelers? Nah, the Steelers were  a complete, perfect team, but I really am glad that this Raider team got to win a Super Bowl!!!

What I find interesting is the question...........do the Raiders ever win the two SB's in the 80's if they go without a title in the 60's and 70's?

Those teams that beat Philadelphia and Washington in the SB couldn't have beaten any of the Steeler/Dolphin/Cowboy SB champ teams..........but those 80's Raiders had such competitive arrogance and I don't think they have that without the SB XI win in the bank.   

Getting that one Lombardi turned the focus from the Raiders being unable to get past Noll and Shula when it mattered.........to them becoming more known as the winningest team in sports.

Shows me that if the Bills manage to win the Super Bowl this season it could change their trajectory long term as well.     It's so critical to cash in that first one.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup. And apparently the Bills are the same.

Fairburn and Buscaglia were cracking up about that this week on their podcast. They told several stories about how the Bills at various times had said things along the lines of, "We know you all thought we were gonna lose." And the reporter would crack up and say, "You know half of us picked you to win this week, right?" And the players would say, "No, we meant the national media."

And yet the national media had also been picking the Bills. Buscaglia said the Bills thrive on it. They love that feeling, the way the Pats for years, even after winning championships would find ways to think everyone doubted them.

What good it does for fans though, I just haven't a clue.

The truth is that the national media was pretty consistently picking the 5th seeded Ravens to beat the Bills last weekend.  Fairburn and Buscaglia are pretty well on the Bills bandwagon and don't seem to be picking against them anymore.  But they're part of the WNY media more than the national media.  I'm noticing it's the guys who cover the Bills closely are the only guys picking them.  That goes for the guy over at ESPN assigned to Buffalo, too.

But the Bills players were correct that the Ravens were the perceived favorites outside of the local WNY media and guys assigned to Buffalo.

For CBS Sports 6 out of 8 of the "experts" pick the Ravens. 

For ESPN 6 out of 9 picked the Ravens

For USA Today 5 out of 7 picked the Ravens

For Bleacherreport 2 out of 3 picked the Ravens

Florio and Simms both picked the Ravens over the Bills... and no one's going to say they're Bills haters by any means

Gregg Rosenthal picked the Ravens.

It's not a "made-up" narrative.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seriously?

You've never heard of "bulletin board material?" 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Go watch the cowboys game last year what the players were saying after the game they absolutely cared.

"No one believes but we keep winning"

Sorry this is about you and others wanting to critique validity of posts more than other people.

If you dont like the discussion why post? If you ignore it it dies rather quickly

Do you think only those who agree with you or an OP can comment on a thread.  That's a pretty wild take.  You must be new at this kind of place.

Anyway, last year was last year.  Bills got bounced in the WC.  This year they have built a confidence that is immune to what national media thinks.  Nothing could be more obvious watching the second half of this season and playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Seriously?

You've never heard of "bulletin board material?" 

Sure.  The "national media" talks about it all the time.  Rarely hear players mention it except to say it such things don't affect them.

What's next?  Gonna talk about "trap games"?  And don't even get me started on "post beat down let-downs"....

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you think only those who agree with you or an OP can comment on a thread.  That's a pretty wild take.  You must be new at this kind of place.

Anyway, last year was last year.  Bills got bounced in the WC.  This year they have built a confidence that is immune to what national media thinks.  Nothing could be more obvious watching the second half of this season and playoffs.  

Sure.  The "national media" talks about it all the time.  Rarely hear players mention it except to say it such things don't affect them.

What's next?  Gonna talk about "trap games"?  And don't even get me started on "post beat down let-downs"....

Is that really all you have left? Trying to wave a seniority flag? Whats next post count?

Nothing personal but thats weak. Try harder next time.

Its not about people not posting or having a discussion. Its about posters who consistently belittle or trash people for making a post that is completely valid.

Like before, this is more about you, then us.

2 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Is that really all you have left? Trying to wave a seniority flag? Whats next post count?

Nothing personal but thats weak. Try harder next time.

Its not about people not posting or having a discussion. Its about posters who consistently belittle or trash people for making a post that is completely valid.

Like before, this is more about you, then us.

I would, but I really don't need to in this case.

As many others are also trying to tell you, not only is what the OP claims NOT happening, players aren't concerned with something as trivial as this entire subject.

Pointing that out is not "personal", nor is responding to the flaw in your/OP's argument.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I would, but I really don't need to in this case.

As many others are also trying to tell you, not only is what the OP claims NOT happening, players aren't concerned with something as trivial as this entire subject.

Pointing that out is not "personal", nor is responding to the flaw in your/OP's argument.

giphy.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1

I love how because Buffalo best Indy that Indy is magically better then Cleveland. Except they aren't. 

That, and the fact that KC and GB only played 1 game in the playoffs, and given how the seeding works they HAD to pay the lowest team remaining.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This year they have built a confidence that is immune to what national media thinks.  Nothing could be more obvious watching the second half of this season and playoffs.  

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fairburn and Buscaglia were cracking up about that this week on their podcast. They told several stories about how the Bills at various times had said things along the lines of, "We know you all thought we were gonna lose." And the reporter would crack up and say, "You know half of us picked you to win this week, right?" And the players would say, "No, we meant the national media."

And yet the national media had also been picking the Bills. Buscaglia said the Bills thrive on it. They love that feeling, the way the Pats for years, even after winning championships would find ways to think everyone doubted them.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Just to let you know, Josh Allen said in a recent interview (I can't remember if it was the DP show or a post game interview or what) that he's been watching the national media.

They pay attention.

And if you think the negative or neglectful stuff isn't being used as fuel in some way, you're kidding yourself.

Now, the sign of a well-coached team is one that channels the attention properly.

Basically... ignore everything good said about you and pay extra attention to everything bad or any time you're "left out."

That's what "bulletin board material" means.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think they're "worrying" about it.  

I bet they're using it as fuel, though.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

giphy.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

I love how because Buffalo best Indy that Indy is magically better then Cleveland. Except they aren't. 

They ended the season with the same record.  According to FootballOutsiders' DVOA metric Indy was the 10th best team in the NFL and Cleveland was the 18th best.

The Colts were almost universally considered a better team than the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They ended the season with the same record.  According to FootballOutsiders' DVOA metric Indy was the 10th best team in the NFL and Cleveland was the 18th best.

The Colts were almost universally considered a better team than the Browns.

Universally, huh? Cleveland beat Indy pretty easily early in the year. Cleveland was the higher playoff seed. 

Football Outsiders is 1 metric. A bunch of power rankings and such had Cleveland ahead.